The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Does anyone know who the originator of this is? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1722 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Personally I think that the secret to this illusion is too obvious. Even lay people know where she's gone and where she came back from. I know because I asked them.

It's not one of my favorites, even though Tim's original design is deceptive. I think that the presentation is playing an important role in the deceptiveness of this illusion aswell.

Oliver.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Just a thought, but you might have a light, collapsible "special something", a la Asrah, made into the cloth or the ironing board. You could start the "ironing", then adjust the cloth to allow a gap between to base and the bottom of the cloth and finish the ironing.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
R.E. Byrnes
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of R.E. Byrnes
"What I want to know is where I can get an iron big enough to press a t-shirt with one swipe"

exactly what I wanted to know, as well
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9489 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 20:44, makeupguy wrote:
if you're going to do an ironing illusion... neither of these routines do it justice in any way whatsoever... and in both cases.. the re-appearance makes no sense at all... and does a good amount to give the solution to the effect a boost.

Yeah
If she reappeared from a dryer, across the room or hanging on a clothesline hanging from the ceiling or a basket (where she was produced from to start the routine), or from the stand that held the iron... which spewed-out a ton of steam and.... there she is holding the iron.

It could have also been better if he accidentally burned the cloth and at the end it was restored. and the burn was on her dress.
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
512 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
I think that this illusion is very clever..many tricks out there are in and out tricks..she goes in, she comes out...this has kind of a twist...def. my style
JVHarrison
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of JVHarrison
Just more evidence of what's wrong with magic presentations, in general, and "new" illusions in particular. No wonder exposure is much less of a problem than magician's think--what audience member would care enough about this to put any effort into discovering or remembering how it's done? A 40 year old zig-zag would entertain and mystify more than this "innovation." WeiserSide, if you are going to put good money and considerable effort into adding a new illusion to your show, you can surely come up with something better than this. Illusionists need to get past entertaining themselves with "innovations" that delight them but don't register with an audience (unless, instead of an entertainer, you're a collerctor or theorist, in which case, have at it).
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of maharajademagia
Most people here are giving their opinion without knowing a thing. Anything which is preformed in Asia is not a rip-off. This programme is not a single programme. It was a reality show where magicians from whole of India were invited to participate and there were high profile people on the show including India's Famous Movie hero who has worked in 150 movies as a hero who was the MC. Two of the participants were world famous magicians. One of them is Uday and the other one was Hanz Franz Harary. In fact Hanz was in India doing his Asia tour and he was roped into the programme and later made one of the Judges.

The truth is that if I have seen this happen is only twice once my Yunque and other by Bhandari. But the fact is that Yunque has also been accused of ripping off Interlude from Steinmeyer. And Bhandari comes from a family of Magicians living in Delhi and have done much for the art in India.
Here everyone is an expert and can give an opinion but the truth remains that the one who is doing it on television is Bhandari.
Questions to be answered?

1. How made this illusion? No idea, may be Clothier himself or the carpenters from the TV channel.
2. The comedy part. There is comedy into this. The pressing iron he is using is actually an old coal iron fixing the cord to it in itself is funny. Some people here think that taking out a a flat ironed lady could have been funnier, but then that would have been another rip-off. But to me any torture form on lady is disgusting. Copperfield stopped using lady assistants in the later part of his carrier. A funny idea would have been that the lady who is ironing the cloths falls sleep and covers her self with the cloth. The (husband/magician) comes needs a shirt and so he starts pressing. His shirt shrinks and he also flattens the lady. So uses his magical power to resurrect them and the lady comes alive again and does the job for him. This is just a presentation which I thought of while writing this answer. There could be 1000 more.

Web based mail (hotmail) was invented by Sabeer Bhatia along with a colleague from Apple, and this was followed by Yahoo, and 100 others including Gmail and Apple Me. But no one ever said that Yahoo was a rip off or Gmail was a rip off. We magicians have this defect. We keep saying, "this is my presentation, this is my idea, I thought of this this I saw this first so it belongs to me". The effect is a concept and cannot be claimed or any ground be it legal or moral. We are too dam critical of our colleagues all over the world instead of helping them. It is high time we change this attitude otherwise there would be no Brotherhood of Magicians. What do you prefer, Bhandari doing it in India or the Masked Magician revealing it in the USA?
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-06-27 14:49, maharajademagia wrote:
Most people here are giving their opinion without knowing a thing.

This is just a presentation which I thought of while writing this answer. There could be 1000 more.

Web based mail (hotmail) was invented by Sabeer Bhatia along with a colleague from Apple, and this was followed by Yahoo, and 100 others including Gmail and Apple Me. But no one ever said that Yahoo was a rip off or Gmail was a rip off. We magicians have this defect. We keep saying, "this is my presentation, this is my idea, I thought of this this I saw this first so it belongs to me". The effect is a concept and cannot be claimed or any ground be it legal or moral. We are too dam critical of our colleagues all over the world instead of helping them. It is high time we change this attitude otherwise there would be no Brotherhood of Magicians. What do you prefer, Bhandari doing it in India or the Masked Magician revealing it in the USA?

Wow, way to go...

Justify copying. IT IS BAD IF IT IS HIM OR THE MASKED MAGICIAN. In different ways.

Eventhough you CAN come up with this statement "This is just a presentation which I thought of while writing this answer. There could be 1000 more." is baffling.

Then just come up with something new!

You CAN put other things on a base you know...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Pakar Ilusi, I cannot make head of tail of what you are saying. I think you have missed the whole point.

MY QUESTION IS ARE YOU BRINGING ANYTHING POSITIVE AND INFORMATIVE TO THIS THREAD? IF YOU ARE NOT IT IS BETTER NOT TO SAY ANYTHING.

Let me put the thigns in the right order for you:
1. WeiserSide1, discovers this new illusion and he is trying to find more in the forum.
2. The answer is no answer and labeling it a knockoff with no information. And selling of Bill who could have done it better. (OVER REACTIOM WITHOUT KNOWING, when bill has already said that he has not seen it earlier.)
3. WeiserSide1 again did some research and found at that Yunke had done it in China and in France.
4. tristanmagic Found out more information, "this illusion is called "Iron" and you find it in Tim Clothiers Advanced Illusion Projects book, page 115-132.
The rights to this illusion are included if you buy the book.
5. WeiserSide1 again got in touch with Tim, "he is the builder and he has the plans and rights for sale in his book...both of those illusions are not knock-offs...if they purchased the book.
6. Sorcerer's mail is what I am saying. And that's the positive spirit. Even his criticism is justified and not balatent.
Fortunately all there are MEW USERS and do not belong to INNER CIRCLE. So fortunately magic is going in the right direction and the new generation is not bais to race, creed or country.

These are the only positive things in this conversation rest is trash.

No one is justifying copying. My mail is against the negative attitude, some have who start criticising without knowledge. What are you trying to say, that no one should perform the illusions of Steinmeyer. And only Tim Clothier can perform this illusion. This is like saying only Sabeer Bhatia should have used Hot Mail. They are thinking magicians and, obviously they live on selling their ideas and do not perform as much as a performing magician. There are others who do not invent and perform someone elses invention. The question is if they have the right to do it? It seems this is clear from what has been written in point 5.

Have you thought about this, "What if Bhandari and Yunke have the rights and they decide to sue those who called them rippers? Obviously they would not do it because they are busy performing at a much higher level.

As for me I have not invented anything as yet but I also do not go criticising anything and anyone without having indepth knowledge about it. ALL I AM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT "DO SOME RESERACH BEFORE YOU SAY SOMETHING".

What baffels me is that there are some racist comments in this conversation and no one has said anything against them.

I am contacting both Yunke and Bhandari and I am not sure if I would be able to as they are busy people, and would find out if they have the rights or not and send my post here.
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Okay guys I contacted Yunke and this is what he has to say:

"Firstly the illusion is only a vanish, I have added various things which are purely mine. Tim knows me and I have brought the basic rights from him. Before criticising they should dig in the right information which is as simple as looking into Tim's book.

I had never seen any magician do it anywhere in the world, and I thought that it was only an illusion design in a book.After I have done it there would the many others who would copy it they way I have done it. But I don't care and I don't waste time finding this out. I keep myself busy enjoying magic and not getting angry over magic.
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

As promised I also contacted Rahul Kharbanda and this is what the magic brothers have to say:

"In the show we were asked to do the illusions and the production house selected them and made them. Props were made by "Mamu", he is the official illusion manufacturer of the production house and yes he has many illusion books, including Tim's book. We don't have this book but Mamu does have it."

To clarify if they had copied Yunke's presentation, I asked them if they knew him or had heard of him, and this is their answer.

"We did not know who Yunke is; in fact we started looking for him when you mentioned him to us. Yunke's video is on You Tube from March 2011, and we did our show in July 2010. If Yunke did it before us, we don't have an explanation, we don’t know him, we have never seen him perform. Thanks for clarifying our stand".

So with this I have separated Wine from the Water but not a la Professor Hoffman (Modern Magic p. 337) but with real investigation.
Can I now request some of Inner Circle members to not keeping useless posts just for posting and gathering thousand of posts but contribute and share your knowledge with New Users like WeiserSide1 and me.

WeiserSide1 if you want I can find out from Yunke who did the base for him. Normally he makes or supervises his illusions or I think some are done by Magicus in Barcelona.
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
512 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
Yes..if you can please find that out for me..please pm me further discussions..
Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
Quote:
On 2011-06-29 19:58, maharajademagia wrote:
As promised I also contacted Rahul Kharbanda and this is what the magic brothers have to say:

"We did not know who Yunke is; in fact we started looking for him when you mentioned him to us. Yunke's video is on You Tube from March 2011, and we did our show in July 2010. If Yunke did it before us, we don't have an explanation, we don’t know him, we have never seen him perform. Thanks for clarifying our stand".

Please... don't make us laugh...

"Iron" is not Yunke's exclusive but Yunke's video is on youtube many time ago. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ZRkmgMoLI This particular one was uploaded on april 2007
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

[/quote]

Please... don't make us laugh...

"Iron" is not Yunke's exclusive but Yunke's video is on youtube many time ago. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ZRkmgMoLI This particular one was uploaded on april 2007
[/quote]

Sorcerer,
Have you seen a doctor criticise another one? So why do we magicians have to always belittle other fellow magicians.
1. Who said that The Iron was Junke's exclusive? No one said that in the whole thread? I thought it was clear that anyone who buys Tim's book can perform it.
2. Rahul is refering to the link I sent to him, not the one you discovered. Knowing the infrastrecture and how much access Indians have to internet or had in 2007, I would still give him benefit of doubt.
3. Even if he was inspired by Junke's act (or copied it as you would like to call it.) why is it hurting you when Yunke has clearly said that he would not mind others coping his act. He could not care less. He is enjoying magic and not getting angry over magic. So why are you. ENJOY MAGIC!

WeiserSide1
I wrote to Junke and await his mail. The moment I have and answer from him I would inform you. You may later contact him directly or should you need my help please do not hesitate to leave a message here or PM me.
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-06-29 20:10, WeiserSide1 wrote:
Yes..if you can please find that out for me..please pm me further discussions..

Hi WeiserSide1: Junke says that he has made the illusion himself. But he is a little busy this week as they are going to perform in Madrid, Spain. He would provide me more details next week.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Does anyone know who the originator of this is? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL