The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Communicator ebook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2245 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

What is Mental Communicator?

Effect: Spectator is asked to think of any two digit number......after some math involved, spectator arrives at a letter of the alphabet..........and they are asked to think of an animal, state, country, make a simple drawing, etc,

The effect is instantly repeatable.

You instantly tell diving their thought of animal, state, country, drawing, etc etc.

There are variations taught where you need to have the spec write down their number, plus one method which they don't write down anything.

If anyone wants more info, please contact me.

I have already sent out some review copies, and I will wait for those reviews to come in.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1841 Posts

Profile of Prager
A very nice combination of methods for reading minds.

I am currently working on a simplified version in spanish.

Good job Alex, you have inspired me.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2075 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Alex, this is a wonderful idea. As J. Prager said, a beautiful combination of methods to give the appearance of real mind reading. Usually I find effects employing math computations to be a bit too procedural, but this one MAKES SENSE, and will floor the spectator. Great job!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5317 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Took for a test drive tonight. Was able to do to my mother and father. I had dad write down number from his age on paper. He kept paper and I was able to come up with his thought. I had mom get her number from age and keep in mind for herself,and got her thought. This will work as impromptu with friends or strangers. I had the advantage tonight because I knew the numbers they would come up with ! It has a script you can use and allows different questions for you to answer different thoughts ! They both were floored. repeatable , repeatable, repeatable !
Alex has put allot of thought into this and gives a long list of credits !

Job well done, Alex !!!

-G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1520 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Thanks Alex, This is a very nice item, Simple and direct. Really like this new work. I have a full review in a day or so after I run it through a full test but from what I have seen so far from the opening test run of this work it is a winner.

You guys should grab a copy of this a fast as you can before Alex comes to his senses and starts to ask himself "why am I releasing this.... it's too good" And in fact it is too good.......thats what I predict will happen very soon and who knows it could disappear.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Hi Alex. Is this a variant on the old elephant in Denmark trick, or do you come up with different animals, etc? If it is different, it sounds intriqueing. Tony
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2245 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hi Tony,

It may seem similar to the Grey Elephants in Denmark, but it is completely different, in that the spectator thinks of a state,country,animal, you can do a drawing duplication, fruit, vegetable, etc, there are many ways you can go with this method.
I give a variation to have the spectator write down their number, and one without anything written down...

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5317 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Tony B2009 , different answers,and not all animals .
I forgot to add to last post...My dad is my worse critic !

-G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
The concept of this effect is pure and simple. With the right presentation involved, the effect it self can seem pretty close to the real thing. Alex makes it clear that it is up to you, the performer to try and come up with your own routines by using the method he has come up with. That being said, he has provided some great ideas/routines to get you started. The e-book it self goes into great details on everything needed to perform this wonderful effect including different methods that will appeal to different performing styles. One thing I like about the effect is the options you are left with for what you want to reveal, such as a state, animal, fruit, vegetable and my favourite, a drawing. I have yet to road test this in a real world situation but will add my thoughts when I get the chance.

My mind has been going non stop since I received the effect. Everything from presentation ideas to different methods on working with "numbers". I have come up with a few ideas in which I can't wait to try out. Some ideas including the "invisible eye", phycoligical work and an electronic device that has served me very well for the past year and a half.

All in all I I love the idea of this effect and the fun I can see my self having with it, Well done Alex, this truly is a winner.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Thanks for the info, guys. It sounds very interesting. I love stuff that is propless, and this seems to fall perfectly into that category. When and where will you be releasing this? Tony
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1358 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
I think it's a nice, clever piece.The math involved is so very clever and every step makes total sense so don't worry about any alarm bells going off when the performer instructs the spec to do a little math. It's really nice thinking and it does give the impression that what you are doing is real. I'll tweak it to suit my style but yup deff impressed. Well done Alex.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3105 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Alex was really kind to send this to me, and I have to say that is really nice and my mind already start to think other ideas with this concept.
Simple and direct to the point!
Well done Alex!
:)
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi All

Alex sent this to me about a week ago to run my eyes over, and I have got to say I am very impressed, the thought and creativity in this DEVIOUS method is great.

Just reading through the notes I was having visions and ideas bouncing around my mind of the possibilities, this really is food for thought and I am sure there will be many mentalist/magicians using this method/principle.

This is the first I have seen of Alex’s work and feel privileged to have received a review copy.

Keep that creative mind flowing Alex.

Look forward to future projects from you.

All the best

R
http://www.mentalshocks.com
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2245 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thank you all for the feedback.

More info to come....

Alex
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2245 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Watch this space tonight!

Thanks

Alex
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
This sounds very interesting!. cant wait to see it! this version is in english then?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2245 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Alpha,

Yes its in English.

I know you are in Mexico.

I am more than willing to work on a method for you, and help you out once you get the jist of the routine.

thanks again for the support

alex
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2245 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thanks to everyone who reviewed this.

I hope it will serve you well as it has me.

Alex
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2245 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey everyone,

This is now available at

http://mentalshocks.com/

Thanks

Alex
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of gmeister
I was also one of those fortunate enough to receive a review copy and thereby to become acquainted with an ingenious tour de force. Alex has provided a creative, customizable short treatise, which I suspect will find itself the basis of effects in many acts. It's fun to read, and even more fun to play with, delighting in the ways it can be made to work for your own particular style. Indeed, some comments above already show that this process is already at work.

With this new work, Alex merits membership in an emerging creative coterie of mental miracle makers, along with J. Prager, Amira, Luca and Isidore to name just a few (the list is growing, to my great delight). Although more a theorist than a performer, I actually may throw caution to the wind and "go public" with it.

It's that good!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Communicator ebook (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL