The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Communicator ebook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
This sounds allot like a landmark work of Joshua Quinn’s.

In fact am a smidge surprised not one poster has made the same observation.

Possibly I am wrong but am willing to bet that is not the case.

Jim

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hi Jim,

MENTAL COMMUNICATOR is very different than Joshua Quinns effect from Paralies.

Believe it or not the inspiration for MENTAL COMMUNICATOR was Bob Cassidys Chronologue......which has nothing to do with Mental Communicator....but as I was trying to think of other ways of doing Chronologue....Mental Communicator was born.

Although I did not use anything from Paralies.......I credited Joshua Quinn in the ebook.

Check your PM.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10657 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hello Jim with out a copy of the effect your statement about MC is unfair to the creator.
just because something is similar this doesn't mean it is the same . and I mean you no disrespect.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 14:18, vinsmagic wrote:
Hello Jim with out a copy of the effect your statement about MC is unfair to the creator.
just because something is similar this doesn't mean it is the same . and I mean you no disrespect.
vinny

I agree Vinnie, it might read that way.
Was not my intent.

Was simply my viewpoint formed from what was written on
this thread.
Guess I was wrong.

Alex, offered to send a copy so that I might compare the
two for myself.

But that is unnecessary if it is not the same there is no
reason for me to comment further.

Is good that Joshua, was credited even though
it may not be like his work.

Best Wishes,

Jim

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
I just read through Mental Communicator. I really like the idea of adding the 'math' to the effect to make it appear more impossible. It also makes the reveal seem much more like mind reading. I put "math" in quotes because, it's barely math. And no, this does NOT play like "math magic". The Grey Elephants effect is nothing like this effect.

Nice work Alex!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thanks Ben.

Ever since its release last week, I have gotten many ideas from people that are using it.

I am currently working many versions of it......my mind has been spinning nonstop.

In the far future, lookout for a sequel, with many contributions from all over the world.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Update:
Just performed this on National television....What can I say, it went great!!

Had someone think of a two digit number, then I had them think of either a country or state, their choice, and then I preceded to blow them away with the revelation!

The host could not see how it was possible, since she didn't jot down the state or country.

FYI

Thanks

Alex
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Congrats Alex !

-G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1583 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 18:53, BMWGuy wrote:
Update:
Just performed this on National television....What can I say, it went great!!

Had someone think of a two digit number, then I had them think of either a country or state, their choice, and then I preceded to blow them away with the revelation!

The host could not see how it was possible, since she didn't jot down the state or country.

FYI

Thanks

Alex

Sorry I missed it. What show, Alex?
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hi Tony,
Its a local TV show here in Mexico, where I currently live.

Alex
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1583 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Very cool! Congratulations, Alex!!!
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Just got back from a Carnival Cruise, and tried out Mental Communicator on lots of guests......it killed!

I have a new handling to the effect, that I will be adding to the second volume, that requires nothing written down.

Thank you all for the support.

Alex
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Just added Mental Communicator to the contribution ebook to help out Rick Maue.

Thanks

Alex
Dompa
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
249 Posts

Profile of Dompa
Very generous! Thumbs up!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hello,

To those of you who have this, I am starting work on Mental Communicator 2: It will be called

Communications: A Follow-Up to Mental Communicator

This will have lots of different ideas from the Café members, plus alternate handlings.

If anyone has some ideas that they would like me to include in this new offering, send them to me.

Mental Communicator is becoming my impromptu go to effect anytime anywhere when I am out.
Almost every other day I perform it.

I hope people are using it as much as I am...I am having a lot of fun.

Send me your ideas. PM ME

Alex
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Based on reviews from some fellow members, Gabe Abelson, Tony Razzano, Paul Carnazzo, Ben Harris, I needed to check this Smile

I see this as a tip to make a huge leap forward to make a disconnection from what happened before and therefore it will seem as you really read the person in the moment.
For everyone who like numbers/time and use them as a talk to engage people this will be a great addition. It's an add-on to performers who create momentum or for people getting started in mentalism that need to believe that there's no problem asking people to write something on a card. (main problem for everyone who starts with peeks - coming from magic it doesn't make sense but with time it will fade away and you start seeing that it's possible with a pen and business card can start a religion/cult).
This is a gem tip that will put you on the moment and make you comfortable performing.

Final word: Very, very nice Alex and for those who read this... Get it.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2187 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 15:35, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 14:18, vinsmagic wrote:
vinny

I agree Vinnie, it might read that way.
Was not my intent.

Was simply my viewpoint formed from what was written on
this thread.
Guess I was wrong.

Alex, offered to send a copy so that I might compare the
two for myself.

But that is unnecessary if it is not the same there is no
reason for me to comment further.

Is good that Joshua, was credited even though
it may not be like his work.

Best Wishes,

Jim

H.O.A-X

I have to say the same thought occurred to me.
And I'm glad to hear that they're unrelated effect.

Looking forward to reading this when Circle is released!

Best

Dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Today I begin work on Communications: A Follow-up to Mental Communicator.

Please send me your contributions and ideas, and I will make sure they make it in the book.

You don't really need to have Mental Communicator to read this ebook.

It will have some bits from the original, plus new ideas and handlings.

Thanks

Alex
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
MENTAL COMMUNICATOR is now appearing in Circle.

In effort to contribute to help out Rick Maue.

Great contributions from great people....

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me.

Alex
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Update:
Just sent Mental Communicator to a famous magician here in Mexico, in which, he will use it in his next TV show in Mexico City.

I use it almost on a daily basis, and the more I perform it, the more I learn about the psychology of the mind and how people will think.

Love it!

Thanks for all the support, and I hope those that purchased this or Circle find some use out of it as I have.

Alex
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Communicator ebook (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL