The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Plaques Of Paracelsus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of slydini
Does anyone have any information on Mary Tomich's effect, "The Plaques Of Paracelsus"?
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1931 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
I was hoping to bring up the website for you, but it was limited...

http://replay.web.archive.org/2002020405......ult3.htm

I did find this (don't say I never gave you anything)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?......97921071

It was a rare limited edition built effect based on a little sumthin sumthin from Tom Waters (T.A.).
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of slydini
Hi Clifford,
Thanks so much for the info. Was there a set that was not limited? The reason I ask, is I have something that I thought was the Plaques, but is nothing like the above. It has 9 tiles, a couple a velvet bags, a scroll, and a "book". It all came in a plain wooden box. Do you know what this might be?
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1931 Posts

I looked through the list posted on Dragonskull of her effects
http://www.dragonskull.co.uk/m_tomich.htm
The Elfin chest involved a crystal ball and tarot and it's not Lips of Anne Bodenham, Pintagram, Lota, Portrait of Lydia Marsh, Finger of Ferarius, Pendulum of Sai-Kee, or The Vase of Modus Heiroglyphica so it is one of the others or something not listed at all.

Do you have a picture? How do you know it is Mary's? Does it have something with the Thaumysta label?
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of slydini
In the instruction book it says Thaumysta magic. It has a date of 1996 on it. It uses multiple effects, the end result is turning an object into gold.
Any ideas?
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1931 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-05-04 16:51, Slydini wrote:
In the instruction book it says Thaumysta magic. It has a date of 1996 on it. It uses multiple effects, the end result is turning an object into gold.
Any ideas?

If you have the instruction book, what else are you looking for?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
If I remember correctly, it was in the Alter Flame (an issue dedicated almost entirely to this) Mary put out some sets that subscribers could purchase. I don't recall much more of it; I don't remember breakfast, never mind 15 years ago. My AFs are all packed away, perhaps someone else here has access to theirs...

Tony
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of slydini
Thanks Clifford and Tony.
I believe your right Tony, I think I remember some mention of it being in the alter flame. Does anyone know how much this set is worth?
Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Plaques Of Paracelsus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL