The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Flesh Colored Putty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Owen Thomas
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Owen Thomas
I bought some Dexter's Flesh Colored Putty, and found that is was grey? whats up with this??
Erwin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Erwin
It's "Dexter's Dead Flesh Coloured Putty"?

Sorry.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1891 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Drives me crazy when a product is called "flesh" colored and they only offer one color. Unless they mean its the color of flesh under the skin.
Maybe you got brain color.

Other that that maybe it's old or Dexter is color blind.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Owen Thomas
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Owen Thomas
I'm really ****ed of with this product
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-05-04 18:29, Owen Thomas wrote:
I'm really ****ed of with this product

Sorry you weren't satisfied...always a pain in the butt when something isn't what you thought it was. Seems to happen an awful lot in magic.

I don't know of any other sources I can even recommend. You called this putty. I have a great source for flesh-colored magician's wax...but not putty.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
greymagick
View Profile
New user
Spain
53 Posts

Profile of greymagick
There are a few local makers in Spain that sell flesh-coloured putty (*different* from grey), slightly different shades, and you can get also a flesh one in the 24-colour box of Crayola Putty, to name an international maker. The snag is that you have to buy a box with many different colours to only use one of them. The only maker I know that sells putty by colour and weight, and also has a very good flesh tone, is Stephens from Chile. But I don't know it they sell abroad; sorry I can't be of any more help.
- Grey
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Mix foundation make up with putty. Get both powder and oil base. If to soft add some powder. To dry add the oil.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I think the batch that you received was supposed to go to Roswell.
In the local Roswell paper I read a complaint about someone receiving a pinkish colored putty and saying the ad said Flesh Color, what's with pink?
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
Silly putty is flesh colored but it's not tacky. I'm trying to find something to mix with it to make it tacky. I thought of adding a little bit of glue stick to the silly putty to make it tacky but I haven't tried it yet.
hth
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3863 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I don't think there is anything that is going to match very many people. I have this, and what I do is use a small ball. when I put it on, it looks like a mole. problem solved.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Try that famous magic shop: Dollar Tree! Silly Puddy comes in two plastic eggs in the toy section. It is usually pink or flesh colored.

I'll bet the price is $1.00.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Is scotch mounting putty a good substitute for Dexter's?
https://www.target.com/p/scotch-2oz-remo......g-putty/
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2561 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
That link doesn't work but they are similar. The difference I've seen is that Dexter's is a stronger hold and if it loses the tackiness, you can squish it around and it becomes sticky again.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Flesh Colored Putty (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL