The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Bob McAllister: show host, songwriter, magician and vent! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Seems that our beloved and sorely missed Bob McAllister was a vent as well. Something that I was not aware of. Seems that as a young adult he had a figure named "Clancey". Have a look at this clip. Bob and Chauncey (or Clancey --hard for me to read the scribbled name) appear at the 44 sec. mark of the clip. I believe that Jim Hensen is in this clip as well, being interviewed by Bob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNdMsvjPCE8&NR=1

...and on this clip we hear him singing a song: The Magic Man" (I am guessing he wrote the words, but not cure), and at 1 min. 20 sec. we see Bob on his studio set with Chauncey (?) and a dog puppet figure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-tAoK3EeNI&feature=related ...again, Jim Hensen appears in this clip.

Enjoy!

Circa 1970, I had the good fortune, as a 13 yr. old vent, to be on the Wonderama show --in the audience. Bob was kind enough to talk to my and my side-kick , on air... I was thrilled!

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Vegasvent
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix
288 Posts

Profile of Vegasvent
Bob's figure was named "Chauncey". In the early 60's he had a local kid's television show(The Bob McAllister show) in my hometown of Baltimore. At 9 yrs-old, I attended the show with my Jerry Mahoney "headstick" figure, and Bob and I hit it off. He offered to mentor me which lasted for several months, ending with him allowing me to do a skit on his show. I was allowed once to hold Chauncey which was a classic Davenport figure. He kept in touch for a few years afterwards until he left the area. Chauncey was the first "live" ventriloquist figure that I had ever seen, and Bob's 8x10 glossy had the first autograph that I ever received.
Magical Phil-Kidzshow, LLC

"My Wife says that either all of my Stuff goes, or she does......" "Boy, I'm sure gonna miss her cookin'."
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
What a nice story, Ventriloguy.

And how lucky you were to receive Bob's interest and encouragement.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I remember attending a lecture Bob gave years ago. He was a real talent.

Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Bob McAllister: show host, songwriter, magician and vent! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL