The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Chance's Token (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Felix was kind enough to send me a preview copy of his effect "Chance's Token."

I like the original thinking...a very fresh view of something that many performers simply write off and do as so many others have done. I really look forward to working with this!

What is it? Felix has asked me not to be too specific -- but I think I can say it is a three way prediction/subject reading involving ornate cards, tokens and predictions with a decidedly medieval theme.

Profusely illustrated and carefully crafted -- this effect makes use of "Medieval Oracle Cards" to make the triple prediction carry credibility. Visually interesting, involving the subject on an emotional level and potentially creating a routine that could become a whole show. It's a great package.

I haven't had an opportunity to perform it yet...but I am looking forward to it.Chance's Token is an open ended package that allows for many other routines to be "added in."

Great work, Felix.

Thank you.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
You had me at "medieval theme". Any word on when this is coming out?
~Gavin
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Yes! My curiosity is definitely piqued!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Hi everybody,

sorry for beeing so short-spoken - I´m currently abroad and have almost zero internet connection here! Smile

Happy to hear you´re interested in my new effect - you will find more information about Chance´s Token here: http://www.bellmountain.de

It is in the process of being proofread currently (my mother language is German) and will probably be completely finished in the next 1-2 weeks.

To anyone interested meanwhile, I will offer a subcsription price for EUR 12 (instead of EUR 15) including lifetime updates.

If you have any questions, I´m glad to help!

Best,
Felix
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
R-U-D-!
View Profile
New user
AUSTRIA
53 Posts

Profile of R-U-D-!
WOW – so fast! Too fast?
It’s a secret – okay, till now, it was a secret…

But it’s a pleasure to read the posting of Mr. David Thiel.

Felix Schellenberg (almost known as “Nicolino”, perhaps also known from „EX-RAY, A Suggested Out for Ben Harris' & Steve Shufton's “X-RAY“) is a close friend of mine (I’m from Austria, Felix from Germany…God save the german language!) and we’ve talked/posted for months about “Token”.

Felix has combined a few systems, a very well-described special atmosphere created for the demonstration, so many nuances considered…”It’s done!”

If you’re a lazy magician, learn everything by heart and show only a trick – or better, don’t download the book!

Are you a seriously “magician”, a mentalist, a performer, who likes to involve his audience, perhaps with a little shiver – then it’s a must ;-)

It’s not an effect for “in-between”, “quick, quick”…
It needs the right props (for your style), the full attention of your audience - but then you have a killer, probably a “reputations-maker”.

Unfortunately I’m not the right performer for this preciousness, but a well known austrian magician has tested "Chance's Token" – and it blows everytime the people away (I think, now he is loving the effect…).

The book has (till now) more then 40 pages, text, photos, drawings and even formulations –I wish Nicolino, Felix Schellenberg, the appreciation and the success he deserves with this/his book "Chance´s Token"!

R-U-D-!

This entry was posted by Google from German to Chinese, than into Greek and then finally translated into English. Enjoy!
R-U-D-! from Austria

This entry was posted by Google from German to Chinese, than into Greek and then finally translated into English. Enjoy!
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Rudi, you truly are the living babelfish - I had a fine time reading your hilarious comment! Thanks again, at least I know want you want to say...! Smile

As I was asked about the -20% pre-order offer in my previous post: this offer is valid until end of May, all orders will receive their first copy in the next days with the final version following shortly after.

Thanks so much for your orders and feedback so far, it makes me really proud.... Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
R-U-D-!
View Profile
New user
AUSTRIA
53 Posts

Profile of R-U-D-!
Nicolino, the precise statement, written by Google:
"if he had in his "austrian-styrian-dialect" written then you would not understand anything"...
I think it means:
áÈíÇä ÇáÏÞíÞ áÌæÌá :
æÞÇá Çäå ßÊÈ Ýí áåÌÉ áå ÝÅäß áä ÊÝåã ÔíÆÇ

???
R-U-D-! from Austria

KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
This really is phenomenal!
The writing is incredibly detailed, and the piece is a piece of beauty.
EVERYTHING has been thought out, and although this isn't my kind of thing, I can appreciate how amazing this must be.
Beautifully presented, and a great piece of work!

Best,

Kyle
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Just a quick update:
From now on the package also contains vintage photography templates for the predictions!
The additional files have been sent to every purchaser!

Thanks and enjoy! Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
As a photographer I love any effect that uses photos.
Good news Nicolino.

Thank you sir

Steve
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
If anyone needs different cards showing on the prediction photos, just drop me a line! We will find a solution for you... Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Zedd
I just read through the ebook yesterday (thank you, Felix!) and I have to say: It's a really great effect! The method is easy yet deceptive and the storyline can be changed to fit every need!
I would really recommend it!

Best regards,

Zedd
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Pre-order offer still valid for 3 days! Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I have taken my time and gone through the e book a few times now.

What I find to be a fantastic facet of this effect is it's fluidity and changeableness.

Apart from the performers choice of what genre to play this in (choice of props, style of presentation)
The "sitter" has so many choices that two performances one after the other could be completely different.

How many areas of their life the sitter chooses to use
What order are they laid out in front ot them
How many cards they decide to use
Which area they decide to focus on

There is a lot of room for personalisation which is great

And it's easy to do!!!!!!!!!

The bizarre presentation has everything to keep an audience enthralled right to the end.
A beautiful piece of theatre

I'm going to have lots of fun sourcing props for this

Congratulations on a winner Felix
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
It was an honor to receive a pre-release copy of Felix Schellenberg's (nick at the Café - Nicolino) new e-book Chance's Token.

The manuscript is very well written and each phase of the effect has been explained in great detail including the thinking gone behind each phase of the routine.

Various known methods/ techniques have been cleverly integrated so as to create one complete mind-blowing routine. Each phase of the routine has an impossible outcome and as the routine progresses, the various outcomes become more and more startling for the laymen as well as the magicians alike.

Although "Chance's Token" deals with every aspect of the effect in great detail, but let me warn you that this isn't a routine that can be performed right out of the box. It's a multistage multi-punch routine and hence one needs to give it adequate time, effort and preparation so as to workout ones performance steps in ones own style.

After putting in the requisite pre-performance efforts, I performed it five times in a real world scenario and I am happy to say that this has got me great reactions. My efforts paid off. Smile

As I have already mentioned above, Felix has given out his thinking behind creating each stage/ phase of the routine and hence this will immensely help the THINKING magician. "Chance's Token" provides ample opportunity to create and personalize the routine and the props to ONES OWN performance style.

"Chance’s Token" is an excellent take and a nice bizarre touch using Tarot Cards.

I have liked "Chance’s Token" and I highly recommend it.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Thanks guys, much appreciated!
Anyone interested in some more reviews and thoughts please refer to the main thread in the ebook section.
And again...thank you all for all your input and support! Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Chance's Token (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL