The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jay Sankey Mentalism DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
357 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
Thursday last week I was in a live chat with Jay Sankey and I asked him about some of his new projects. It looks like he has two new DVD's headed out and a card trick he has been holding on to for some time. One of the DVD's he is going to be releasing is a Mentalism DVD. He said it would have the whole magic world "buzzing." This is the first I've heard of this project and I thought I would just pass along the information.
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
Jim Reynolds
View Profile
Elite user
Special Guest
431 Posts

Profile of Jim Reynolds
Jay has a new DVD coming out every month doesn't he? Smile At least it seems that way.

I would be very surprised if he produces a true Mentalism DVD (no card tricks) as I recall him making fun of mentalism on occasions.

A very entertaining card guy, but I just don't see him being a very effective mentalist.

Hope I'm wrong. Should be interesting.

jr
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
357 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
Funny you should say that JR, one of the DVD's ( not the mentalism one ) is actually called "No Card Tricks." I sort of got the same vibe from him in some of his teaching lessons, so I'm actually really curious about this one. - Brandon
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
Jay lectured for our local Ring in Madison WI several months ago and had mentioned his plans to delve into mentalism. I thought that he also had mentioned that the DVD might not come out until later next year, but if it is available sooner that would be great. If he is able to apply his same creativity toward mentalism, then watchout! This could result in some very strong and entertaining material.
Cliff Gregory Wollin
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
As long as I remember, Jay has always been very sarcastic about mentalism and mentalists. Why this change ?
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
No offense to Jay, as I respect his work immensely. But the words mentalism and "Jay Sankey" do NOT are not words that I can easily picture together. However, I wouldn't mind taking a look if it is indeed a fact.

David.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I too would probably be interested in seeing what Jay comes up with, but IMO Jay is at times very creative and puts out some good stuff -- but at other times he puts out a lot of stuff that is less than appealing!
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
This discussion makes me think how I'd love to see Paul Harris put his efforts into mentalism. Can you imagine what he'd come up with?
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Yes indeed. On the same line, I can't wait to see the Gary Kurtz show, I am sure he came up with great stuff too.
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
It seems to me that everyone reinvents themselves at one point or another. Perhaps he is trying what Garth Brooks did in his Chris Gaines fiasco. Time will tell.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
I am waiting for the Richard Kaufman on the Nail Writer
and Jamy Ian Swiss on the Blind Fold
(Must be good stuff but boring presenation) Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Jay is one of the most creative magicians to date...I'm looking forwad to seeing his mentalism DVD Smile
~joeKing
ESP Guy
View Profile
Regular user
Falls View, Vermont
137 Posts

Profile of ESP Guy
I've heard that Larry Becker and Lee Earle are putting out a video on the Cups & Balls.

Thom
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Quote:
On 2003-08-16 12:26, ESP Guy wrote:
I've heard that Larry Becker and Lee Earle are putting out a video on the Cups & Balls.

Thom

I heard that, too!

I understand the whole routine is done without touching the props, while blindfolded, with someone holding a gun to your head. Smile

Actually, given the creativity of these two gentlemen, such a video might well be worth getting.

The one that scares me is the new Kreskin video on kid's shows!

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jay Sankey Mentalism DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL