The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Triple Threat, Real man or Infinity Wallet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
Hi,
I'm planning to buy a new wallet to perform CTW, but I'm not sure which one to buy between the Triple Threat, Real man or Infinity Wallet. I'm interested in these ones because I like bifold wallets.

I'm planning to use the wallet as a "normal" wallet or everyday wallet, so the quality of the material is important to me and also the aspect (it has to look like a normal wallet). I know that the Triple Threat is a non-palm wallet, and the Real man wallet and Infinity Wallet are palm wallets but I don't care very much about that, I'm more interested in the aspect and quality. So, I'd like to know which one is the best, and which one you recommend.

Thanks
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
I don't have Triple threat or infinity so I cannot give them any comments.
I have hip pocket Mullica, real man, and royal card to wallet.

I used Real man wallet as my everyday wallet and it looks really like a everyday wallet.
The leather is nice and durable and the gimmick is hard to find by laymen.
Especially the price is reasonable.
If you wanna buy a not-too-expensive CTW and good quality, real man, and royal card to wallet is my recommandation.

YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I think Triple threat is killer. I used one for three years but changed over to JOL billfold style.

Triple threat is best used when you hang it out of the pocket and slide the palmed card in sideways, really well made wallet.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
My only problem with the Real Man's Wallet is that I find it very difficult to perform CTW as the move is very hard to perform with the sl****.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I've gone through a few wallets but the Triple Threat is my favorite I've owned. I don't carry a wallet every day (prefer a money clip) but when I do walk around gigs, the TTW is the one I take with me.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
I've been using the Triple Threat as my everyday wallet for about 5 years now, and it's still in great condition, so that tells you something.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Here is my clumsy routine using Triple Threat. I'm not a pro magician, only a hobbyist with limited skills and resources. So the routine speaks for itself to show the versatility of the wallet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOFUZ_AQiNE

Comments and opinions are welcome, just please be subtle with me Smile

I use this wallet for my everyday wallet. So it's good and convincing fact if one day you want to do a CTW for your co-workers as they've seen your wallet for a hundreds of times Smile

Hope it helps.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
Quote:
On 2011-05-09 10:24, mahucharn wrote:
My only problem with the Real Man's Wallet is that I find it very difficult to perform CTW as the move is very hard to perform with the sl****.

It'll be easier if you put a card (I use my ID) as a guide when you push the card in.
Maybe you can try it.

Accidently found this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O58ZQPGz8p8

-YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I own all 3 wallets and I use my Triple Threat as my everyday wallet. I don't like the Real Man's wallet at all. The leather feels very cheap, almost like plastic. The load can also be a bit tight. The Infinity Wallet uses the same load as the Real Man's but the Infinity load is much smoother.

The quality of the Triple Threat and Infinity are both top notch. It comes down to whether you want the no palm option (Triple Threat) or the slide load (Infinity). The Infinity also offers a nice peek, shogun, and index.
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
Thanks everyone for the responses, I think I'm going to buy the Triple Threat wallet.

Sabitu, I'd like to know why you use the Triple Threat and not the Infinity, I'm just wondering.
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
I have the infinity wallet and use it as an everyday wallet, it so looks like one and has everything I need and more
Also you have a great peak and a great index system, many outs
It's worth watching the video on alakazam
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I used a Triple Threat for about three years. Great wallet. Stayed in really good condition. I've been using a Real Man's for two years. Again, great condition.

I have never had a problem with the Real Man's load. I use a plastic credit card-type thing as a slide.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Quote:
On 2011-05-09 16:49, JCheng wrote:
Thanks everyone for the responses, I think I'm going to buy the Triple Threat wallet.

Sabitu, I'd like to know why you use the Triple Threat and not the Infinity, I'm just wondering.

I use the Triple Threat as my everyday wallet because it's less bulky then the Infinity (I don't use the business card wallet included with the Triple Threat). I haven't had the Infinity that long so I'm sure I'll start using it more once I get comfortable with the slide load.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I don't use the business card wallet either. I palm the card and leave the wallet hanging out of my pocket.
James

Quote:
On 2011-05-09 18:42, sabitu wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-09 16:49, JCheng wrote:

I use the Triple Threat as my everyday wallet because it's less bulky then the Infinity (I don't use the business card wallet included with the Triple Threat). I haven't had the Infinity that long so I'm sure I'll start using it more once I get comfortable with the slide load.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Quote:
On 2011-05-09 18:58, Xiqual wrote:
I don't use the business card wallet either. I palm the card and leave the wallet hanging out of my pocket.
James

That's exactly how I load the card. You can also insert a business card into the billfold on the Triple Threat and get a closed wallet p--k of the information. This is what I do instead of using the business card wallet for p--ks.
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Quote:
On 2011-05-09 17:54, Cameron Francis wrote:
I used a Triple Threat for about three years. Great wallet. Stayed in really good condition. I've been using a Real Man's for two years. Again, great condition.

I have never had a problem with the Real Man's load. I use a plastic credit card-type thing as a slide.

That's a brilliant idea! I think I might try it with an old Student ID of mine. Thanks Smile .
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Glad ya all liked the Triple Threat... I have several vids for it that are pretty cool... And 2 more going up soon...

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
Quote:
On 2011-05-09 22:40, Doomo wrote:
Glad ya all liked the Triple Threat... I have several vids for it that are pretty cool... And 2 more going up soon...

Tony

Hi Tony, where can I find those videos?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I have a whole lot of CTW wallets, including Tony's Triple Threat and also his Hip Pocket Bombshell. The Triple Threat wallet is one of the best, if not the best, no-palm CTW wallets on the market. I don’t have the Real Man's wallet though I do have Tony's Modifier which allows you to make almost any regular wallet into a CTW wallet with a loading very similar to Real Man's. I don’t have any problems loading the Modifier though it is tough to get the loaded card out of the compartment! I haven't tried the Infinity yet.

JCheng, it depends on how you are most comfortable loading the wallet. Are you OK with palming a card? A lot simpler than it seems if you haven't. If you prefer a No-palm wallet definitely get the Triple Threat. You can't go wrong with it.

Jim
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
What about The Undercover Wallet.

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Triple Threat, Real man or Infinity Wallet? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL