The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello All (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gavorge
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Gavorge
Hello Café,

I've been a user for a long time but I took a magic break for many years and have just recently gotten back into the swing of practicing. To spur me on I've decided to take the plunge and order a bunch of tally-ho/deck ones and possibly a dean's set of barber halves from schoolcraft. I figure that should give me the push I need to stick with it. I've got tons of material from the years gone by and hopefully soon I can post some videos of all the cointopia/silverado/AoA stuff I learned, forgot, and learned again. Nice to be back and hopefully I can contribute!
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
Unbelievable how many people are getting back into magic. I'm there with you. It comes back quicker than you think. Never thought I'd be doing a backhand coin roll again. Now, without thinking about it.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Gavorge,

If you're into practicing try the "Time after Time" forum (near the bottom) "Who will Stand With Me?" thread. You don't have to read all 14 pages (unless you want to). Just read Mr. Mystoffelees' introduction so you know what he is proposing then skip towards the end, read the last few pages and hopefully join.

We have a good inspirational group.

-Mary Mowder
MrMajestic
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of MrMajestic
That's awesome. Same deal here. I stepped away from magic almost entirely for two years, then, about four months ago I was a waiter at an Outback Steakhouse. The owner discovered that I used to be a magician and, realizing I was unhappy as a server and would be taking a few weeks of to go to Washington DC, told that when I came back to NY that I would have a job as a waiter. That really got the proverbial fire burning under me. Now I have an awesome and rewarding gig going at the restaurant.

Everything comes back pretty nicely, and I found that I've begun advancing quicker than I did two years ago. Chalk it up to time and wisdom or whatever but its excellent to get back into this art form!
The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it, generation after generation.
- Pearl S. Buck
mysterrio
View Profile
New user
USA
14 Posts

Profile of mysterrio
Hello and welcome. It is nice to see that people are returning to an art that many love.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello All (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL