The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Nicola stack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
Hello everyone
I was wondering if anyone here uses the Nicola stack and if so where would you suggest for ideas of effects. I have checked 13 steps to mentalisim and cause for applause book, I am looking for some other places of referance. Also if any of you have any ideas for gags with the 52 on one card. The reason I ask Is because I just got all 52 cards tattooed on my stomach in the nicola stack order. I plan on doing some tricks nobody else can do, something to make me a little different Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Ha, ha, think I would have checked out the tricks before getting the tattoo Reed lol.

There may be some tricks in The Encyclopaedia of Card Tricks as the system is described there. But there was also a little booklet on the system that included tricks, just cannot remember the details on that. May be worth checking with the guys at H & R books.

Paul Hallas.
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Reed,

The manuscript that Paul may be referring to is Louis Nikola's manuscript "The Nikola Card System", which was published in 1927.

As Paul has suggested, try contacting H&R Magic Books.

Regards,

John
"One arrow. One life."
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Reed:
Couple of quick thoughts...

Multiple selections are buried in the deck.. you do every darn flourish you know, and some you don't... then reach into your coat pocket and pull out the 52 on 1 card... and indicate their card is here... you essentially do the same for each of the selections then flip over the card to reveal that yeah, it's there... it's something Letterman would do (if he were a magician), and it's stupid as h**l... but what the heck, it's good for a laugh.

As for the tattoo... seems to me you've got a classic case of 52 cards on one joker! Smile
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Enigma
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
41 Posts

Profile of Enigma
First off REED! Dude you are younger than I thought ... and Wierder! I LIKE IT! Two .... I do a joke where their card is scratched off of the 52 on one. Reverse the norm ... There your card has to be on there. Of course it is not .... tell them to find it and they can't .... OUTSIDE THE BOX! Or at least opposite the box! lol

Later dude ... where you been not seen you in the MTCHAT?

Enigma Smile
You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything .... unless you are tired and you need to lay down or at least sit down then it is ok not to stand, my own opinion of course.

Enigma
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
What a cool idea I have been working out several things with this stack. I have got some cool things with making the deck shrink on my stomach and expanding to a full size deck, I have the five of diamonds floating off of my stomach it looks awsome. hmmm now that I think about it I have an act on my stomach lol. I am getting several emails for some really great ideas I thank all of you who are sending me these things you all are great. I have been busy Enigma with getting volume two of the Knuckle busters finished and ready to ship, and getting the dice video ready, and getting ready to shoot a video on some coin magic with something brand new with coins. I will get to MT soon. Talk with you later Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Paul S
View Profile
New user
Scotland UK
100 Posts

Profile of Paul S
Ok, I like this stack. Not sure how to integrate the tattoo, but I admire the comitment. Anyway, if somebody happens to name the Jack of Diamonds you can spell to it from the top without any adjustments. Ten of Clubs works too.

I bought 'Try the Impossible' (Simon Aronson) hoping for some 'stack independant' effects. And I got 'em alright. (By stack independant, Simon A means that any stack can be used, ie the effect is not built into a specific stack).

I learned the stack from the Encyclopedia of Card Tricks (Hugard & Braue) but I wasn't so keen on the effects. A perfect bridge deal isn't the most exciting thing ever. There is a built in poker deal which is quite nice. One hand needs one card to 'straighten out' and if the spec does exercise this option they are rewarded. Of course the magicians hand is a Royal Flush. But the problem with built in poker deals is that there is no flexability with the number of hands dealt, or which hand should win. Could be good if there happened to be exactly the right number of specs at the table though...that would take some heat off the fact that a specific number of hands needs to be dealt for it to work.

Paul S.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Reed,
Why not have the backs of 52 cards tattooed on your back? You turn around to show your back at first, then back to front to show the cards. They mentally select one. You turn around to show that one tattoo has reversed itself and shows the face of their selection.

Use your favorite method...
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
The "Xeroxed Deck" with tattoos! Perhaps you could do a gambling theme--your nipples tattooed as dice, belly button as a poker chip, then you'd need that stick that they use at the craps table...
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Nicola stack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL