The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sideshow and Escapology quotes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi everyone

I am trying to compile a list of quotes from sideshow performers, escape artists, circus owners etc etc. Not got a long way so far but I will add more as I find them, if you can think of any to add to the list please do.

"Only if I meet a person who is morally, spiritually and physically perfect will I ever hang my head in shame" - Jeanie Tomaini

"This is the kind of job you either love or hate. You don't go into it for the money. I love it!" - Jack Donohue

"Attractiveness may be X, the unknown quantity. But to remove it completely you get --- me! Other women do not know what it is to have people look at them and look away, and then look again, fascinated against every instinct. They do not know curiosity which is like a knife turning round and round in the heart." - Mary Bevan

"As a felow gets old he doesn't feel like tearing about the country forever. I do not want to die a showman. I grow tired of this sort of sham worship sometimes." - "Buffalo Bill" Cody

"Some folks faint when I do it. Others run. Everybody's eyes pop out when they see what I do - but nobody's eys pop out as far as mine. " - Willie Ingram

"As God decreed, we agreed"- Millie-Christine

"I don't necessarily have to exploit myself in a bad way. I don't think of myself as an attraction. I had a chance to join a circus but I don't consider myself a sideshow freak. Everything I do is in good taste." - Sandy Allen
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
A few good circus ones:

A circus is like a mother in whom one can confide and who rewards and punishes. - Burt Lancaster

Cinema is an old w***e, like circus and variety, who knows how to give many kinds of pleasure. Besides, you can't teach old fleas new dogs. - Federico Fellini

I remember in the circus learning that the clown was the prince, the high prince. I always thought that the high prince was the lion or the magician, but the clown is the most important. - Roberto Benigni

Keep the circus going inside you, keep it going, don't take anything too seriously, it'll all work out in the end. - David Niven

Marriage is a good deal like a circus: there is not as much in it as is represented in the advertising. - Edgar Watson Howe

The attraction of the virtuoso for the public is very like that of the circus for the crowd. There is always the hope that something dangerous will happen. - Claude Debussy
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
There is a sucker born every minute - David Hannum. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_Giant

*damn* everything except the circus -E.E.Cummings. Reference: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/show/48078

And all these marks get to vote every two years...Don Driver. Reference: Guess
(smile)

Without promotion something terrible happens... Nothing!- P.T.Barnum

Every crowd has a silver lining - P.T.Barnum Reference on these two:

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/p.t._barnum/

Hope this helped David..

Later,Don

Hi Nikki
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sideshow and Escapology quotes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL