The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bottle Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
I find this trick very interesting.

The ad: PET Bottle Impossibly levitates in the air!! Words are not enough to describe how miraculous this impossible levitation really is!
Watch closely the Video to see what exactly is happening!! For Additional Surprise, you can put the can on the levitating PET bottle! You can use bottle instead of PET bottle.

The link: http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......s_id/689

Anybody has this? If yes, kindly write us your review. Thanks.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Simple physics really. The secret is right in plain sight. Sort of reminds me of a mini chair suspension, which brings me to my only issue with the trick, other than it being a simple physics experiment, similar to what I once did in highschool, the bottle never levitates! It stays suspended(but not completely in mid air without the holder) and it certainly never levitates! Sorry, a pet peeve of mine, when people call a suspension a levitation.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I totally agree. This isn't levitation just like you said. Looks the same as fork balancing, except this uses the transparent plastic. The bottle balances or offsets the transparent plastic holder. I did the same thing in high school. Smile

Simple physics to those of us who attended class that day. For anyone who skipped out, it will now cost you $19. Nice idea though.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 20:18, Peter Loughran wrote:
Simple physics really. The secret is right in plain sight. Sort of reminds me of a mini chair suspension, which brings me to my only issue with the trick, other than it being a simple physics experiment, similar to what I once did in highschool, the bottle never levitates! It stays suspended(but not completely in mid air without the holder) and it certainly never levitates! Sorry, a pet peeve of mine, when people call a suspension a levitation.

I caught it right away. Years ago my grandfather showed me a trick with a piece of wood and a belt. The belt slipped into a knotch cut into the wood and it would stay suspended on the end of your finger. This looks like the same thing to me.
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Are you kidding me? They've sold these in wine shops for years as a single bottle wine rack. It's a novelty item, not much of a magic effect... I love the chain one in this picture...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-s......07_n.jpg

Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
This is what disturbs me. The exact same thing right here for $6.00 http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/333720592/Clear_acrylic_Balancing_Wine_Holder.html.

Maybe not exactly the same as Seomagic. Seomagic's looks cheaply made compared to the one I linked to.
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
In fairness, the seomagic one is more upright, adding to the illusion. And perhaps comes with a manuscript, justifying the price.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I have always been tempted to buy the welded chain bottle version(or make my own), however there is only one problem, I always have more than one bottle...lol, so I would need like a chain link fence or something...lol.

I didn't want to be the one to point out the obvious, and I really can't see this trick ever fooling anyone based on its common house hold method.

I came to this thread expecting to see a bottle levitate, so I was a bit disappointed (more so in the trick's title description). Oh well, time to go open a bottle of wine I guess.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
@Gospel Dan - the item you linked to is priced that low because it's for a lot of 100+

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/333720......der.html
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Didn't see that. Thanks Gene. Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5654 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 23:34, GeneTony wrote:

In fairness, the seomagic one is more upright, adding to the illusion.

Yes, I agree.

If one does a web search you will find many props including the DIY versions. However, I would like to add that Seo Magic prop is unlike most of the others that I have seen/ come across. You will find that, almost all props has a bottom (base) which has been cut at an angle of 45 to 50 Degrees. Whereas Seo Magic prop is designed using a Perspex sheet bent vertically in the middle (at about 135 to 150 degrees) but with NO base angle. And that makes the prop different from the rest. Plus something more has been added to the illusion (please see demo video).

A thought:-

After watching Seo Magic's ‘Bottle Levitation’ demo vid, I feel that the prop could have been designed as a 'Fold-Flat'. That is, the prop could have been made with two Perspex sheets joined with a moderately strong hinge(s) along with two fine (thin) nylon fish line tied at 1/3rd positions from top and the bottom so that, when the folded sheets are opened it will hold the sheets at the desired angle (of say 135 degrees). I feel that a 'Fold-Flat' prop should be quite feasible, practical and workable.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bottle Levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL