The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Marlo a Thief (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
379 Posts

Profile of Vincero
I noticed. I didn't want to call him on it though. We all know what he meant.
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27251 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 04:09, Vincero wrote:

Yup, mean, base, crude and impertinent.
And MPD or no - what do you mean by "we"?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2723 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Jonathon noticed it first. I guess I had a Marlo'ish slip.
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
900 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
Poor old Eddie
Ive upped my standards.Now,up yours!
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 00:17, ASW wrote:
Yes, exactly. That's why it's important to hear all sides. As Keynes said, "When the facts change, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"

A. What are the facts or is it just some story?

As I said Marlo was called a thief. I have met some people that said Vernon had big ears. I have also been called a thief. Why? My guess is that successful people are called a lot of things.

Just a few thoughts and opinion
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
Okay Glenn. Thanks for your input.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1969 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Smile
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
MagicT
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1248 Posts

Profile of MagicT
Thank you Glenn. I honestly don't think it is fair to put yourself up there with Marlo and Vernon. Just being honest here and not trying to attack you, but you are no where near Marlo or Vernon.

This is not thoughts and opinion, but FACTS. "Just the facts maam, just the facts."

Thanks,
Trini
Trini Montes
Remotea
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Remotea
Losers
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 15:32, bishthemagish wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 00:17, ASW wrote:
Yes, exactly. That's why it's important to hear all sides. As Keynes said, "When the facts change, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"

A. What are the facts or is it just some story?

Glenn, you really have no clue, do you?
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27251 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 17:27, Remotea wrote:
Losers

Just the Marlo apologists or the entire card fanclub?

And yes it's okay with me if you want to show that Hofzinser was using other people's tricks and had some evidence or wanted to argue that he was also some sort of social deviant running a swinging club out of his theater.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
379 Posts

Profile of Vincero
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 11:23, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 04:09, Vincero wrote:

Yup, mean, base, crude and impertinent.
And MPD or no - what do you mean by "we"?

Sorry, what's MPD?

By "we", I simply mean that everyone who read Bill's post knows that he meant to say: "Marlo isn't being given enough respect" not, "Marlo isn't being given enough disrespect". Sorry, it's not verbatim.
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4171 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 17:23, MagicT wrote:
Thank you Glenn. I honestly don't think it is fair to put yourself up there with Marlo and Vernon.

That's good, because that is exactly what Glenn did not do in his post.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
584 Posts

Profile of seraph127
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 23:24, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:
Thank you Glenn. I honestly don't think it is fair to put yourself up there with Marlo and Vernon.

You're exactly wrong. Let's go the instant replay:

Quote:
As I said Marlo was called a thief. I have met some people that said Vernon had big ears. I have also been called a thief. Why? My guess is that successful people are called a lot of things.

Yep. Marlo, Vernon and bishthemagish. All successful people. All chillin' there in the same narcissist turn of thought.
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
Thank you Glenn. I honestly don't think it is fair to put yourself up there with Marlo and Vernon. Just being honest here and not trying to attack you, but you are no where near Marlo or Vernon.

Im not a magicians magician. However I am a successful "performer."
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 17:34, bblumen wrote:
Glenn, you really have no clue, do you?

I would not assume that - why don't you resort to name calling?

Cheers!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2011-05-23 09:05, seraph127 wrote:

Yep. Marlo, Vernon and bishthemagish. All successful people. All chillin' there in the same narcissist turn of thought.

I don't agree - there are many different kinds of success in and out of magic.

My opinion is that there are a lot of people in magic that have been called thieves. Also in my opinion sometimes magicians "do" pinch the ideas of other magicians. And one of the ways to justify pinching another magicians trick and perhaps even publishing it - in my opinion sometimes they call the other magician a thief.

I find the name calling petty.

But that is just my opinion.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
So, to sum up, Glenn: you're calling Doc Daley, Herb Zarrow and several other famous magicians thieves.

Despite the irony, I'm not going to froth at the mouth about such a claim as you and several others would do as a matter of instinct. Instead: discuss.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
584 Posts

Profile of seraph127
Good luck with that, Gus. You're talking to a guy who thinks that someone whose real identity is one of the worst-kept secrets on this board and who posts under his own initials is "hiding behind a screen name". If you can swallow that "logic", what can you call crazy?
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4171 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2011-05-23 09:05, seraph127 wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-22 23:24, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:

You're exactly wrong. Let's go the instant replay:

Quote:

So, your position is that Glenn cannot be a successful magician because that automatically means he is putting himself up there with Vernon and Marlo. Sorry, that doesn't hold any water at all.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
584 Posts

Profile of seraph127
No, my position is that Glenn himself has in fact, contrary to your misreading of his post, put himself up there with Marlo and Vernon, just as T said. If you want to continue blinding yourself to his egotism, and misconstruing what's clearly said, be my guest.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Marlo a Thief (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL