The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » To paint / colour a Fantasio Appearing Cane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VE Day
View Profile
New user
LONDON, England, UK
93 Posts

Profile of VE Day
I have a Fantasio Appearing Cane that I am using in a theatre show during the summer. The cane is shiney black with about an inch of white plastic tip at the top and a small solid plastic ferule at the bottom.
I am hoping to paint the white tips gold so that it matches the other canes that are used by characters in the show. I can then switch the Appearing Cane easily without it looking different to the other canes in the show. Also I think the white tips make it look a bit cheap whereas a gold tip would make it look more classy in my opinion.

Please does anyone know what is the best gold paint to use on the white flexible tip so that it does not destroy the special appearing properties of the cane? I don't want to ruin the cane by applying the wrong sort of paint.
Or would it be better to colour the white end using gold shiney paper glued on with paper gum?

Hope someone can advise please. Thank you.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Try this. It's a UK company, too.

http://www.fancy-tapes.co.uk/store/product/6-305/
~michael baker
The Magic Company
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7384 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Fantasio told me to use Krylon fusion plastic paint. It may have to be occasionally repainted but it should bond to the plastic. Use very light coats.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I was going to suggest Krylon Fusion Paint also, but I don't know if it is available where you are located. It does adhere well to plastics. You could use gold, self-adhesive prism paper. I know I have seen it in the past, but I do not have a source for it.

Of course you wouldn't be able to use the self-adhesive tape on the bottom part of the cane, but you might try a gold, permanent marker. Or, a gold paint-pen. In fact, I suggest trying the gold marker on the top first. It may work on that part too. If it doesn't, you will be covering it up with something anyway.

Regan
Mister Mystery
MikeHMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
I have used Acrylic paint and a brush to paint my Fantasio cap and tip, and I have used a gold coloured paint too.
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
How about using gold adhesive stickers? Since it's on the outside of the white knob,it shouldn't interfere with the workings
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » To paint / colour a Fantasio Appearing Cane (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL