The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ok - Is "In 'n Out Burger" Really that good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
There's a small place in the factory area here in town, I think it's called Burger Royale, which is one of two businesses which claim to have invented the stromboli sandwhich. They also have a stromboli burger. Picture a combination of a huge burger and a sloppy joe with two good cheeses on it. Outstanding.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Not a chain but the best burgers I have ever had, The Cherry Cricket...
http://cherrycricket.com/menu/burgers-sa......BOzZtE15

Payne... it must be the 5 Guys by you is bad (too bad); I have not been to a bad one in CO or UT.

Speaking with a neighbor about burger chains and telling him that I thought Smash Burger was horrible, he talked me into trying it again with him... I still think it is horrible.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-05-16 13:47, critter wrote:
There's a small place in the factory area here in town, I think it's called Burger Royale, which is one of two businesses which claim to have invented the stromboli sandwhich. They also have a stromboli burger. Picture a combination of a huge burger and a sloppy joe with two good cheeses on it. Outstanding.

If you like sloppy burgers next time you're through Yakima (well Union Gap actually) you should give Miners a try. The truly great hamburgers of my youth.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-05-16 13:54, BCS wrote:

Payne... it must be the 5 Guys by you is bad (too bad); I have not been to a bad one in CO or UT.

It wasn't a bad burger. Just not exceptional. We have far better burger places much closer to home. So it really isn't worth the trip for what we found to be a rather average hamburger. The free peanuts are fun though. But it makes little sense to drive by far better burger joints only to end up at one that serves rather common fare.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
Get the fries well done at in n out, problem taken care of...
If you actually read my post you'll see that such ordering failed to solve the problem. I&O fries officially the worst I've had still being made. Disgusting!
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-05-16 13:38, kcg5 wrote:

I think nations are franschises-in they aren't wow... One in Oakland is gonna be different compared to walnut creek. It's a disgusting place, food isn't bad.

From what I can find on the web it looks like Nations are NOT franchises.

I mean, I won't swear to it, but that's how it looks from the business side of its website.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
To bad if they arent. One nations is very different from another.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Yeah, the Oakland one was not good but then was remodeled. Nicer place, same clientele. But I have gone there more often due to the upgrades. I also visit the Alameda Nations.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Best burger I've ever had - The Crystal Grill in Greenwood, MS!

Second best - Fuddrucker's...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Nice. I will try the Oakland one. I like their breakfast, simple and cheap.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
Second best - Fuddrucker's...

Hey now, let's keep the language in check Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Hey if you like the greasy kind, and you ever get to Ann Arbor Michigan, try Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger (Cheaper than Food!) It was featured in a segment on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. It was also featured in a song by Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen ("Two Triple Cheese and a Side Order of Fries"). And "back in the day" (late '60s) I used to work there until I got fired.

"Triple cheese" sounds like a lot but the patties are really small, and they are hand ground, or they used to be. I did that job. Not sure where the meat came from though. Did I grind the meat or just make the patties? You know what? I DON'T REMEMBER! But in two words: DEE LICIOUS.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
In 'n Out Burger was the first place my family took me to when I arrived in San Diego.

Great fries, burgers, and milkshakes from what I remember. Good stuff. Better than eating McDonalds or Burger King anyday.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Every trip I make to Vegas always includes at least one stop at In n Out Burgers. I love them.
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
256 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
We had a group of them open in South central Pa a few years ago. They all went out of business within 6 months. Only eat at one, I would compare it to Sonic only without the carside service.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
If we're going for overrated, I would suggest Islands. I've never enjoyed theirs.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Theres no In N Out around here. We have 5 Guys. Best fast food burger I've had.

For non fast food burger, 5 Napkin Burger is awesome. They're in NYC, Boston, and in June, Miami.
-Matt
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Tom is correct, terrible fries. They make a big deal out of cutting fresh potatoes and cooking them but to make the right you have to double cook the fries which they don't do.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I looked at this thread before I flew home from Toronto on Tuesday; on my drive home from the airport I stopped at In 'n' Out for lunch.

The fries were quite good; still crisp when I got home and ate them about 20 minutes later.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
When I make fries, I fry them till golden, freeze them, and then fry them again. The only fries I like when they are not crispy are McDonalds and Wendys old fries.

Speaking of Wendys, is it me, or do all of the pictures of Wendys burgers show thicker patties now?
-Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ok - Is "In 'n Out Burger" Really that good? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL