The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fudge you, American Idol! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
James Durbin, the metal guy, got voted off the *** show. The two awful blondes and the lazy lame country dweeb are the top three, which means there's no reason to watch the show any more. Ever.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
I was surprised when Casey got voted off, now James. My wife watches the show, and she would call me in for their performances, that was all I really watched.
She's watched every season, and last night she canceled the recordings after watching James get voted off.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I never followed the show until Jill was watching and I saw James up there with Zakk Wylde.
~Will Rogers
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Don't tell anyone, but I actually quite like American Idol. I did find the beginning a little dull without Simon and his snappy comments, but Casey and James made it for me this year.
Remember Chris Daughtry. No need to worry about either of the two. Idol did exactly what it was supposed to. Put James on the map and he will have a great career as a showman and put Casey on the map as an excellent well versed musician who will be playing shows with the best for years to come and wouldn't gave a rat's behind over how many albums he has sold....like a true artist.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I just really wanted country boy off. Not because I don't like country, but because I don't like how he does country. He's not breaking any ground, he has a boring voice, and he's creepy to look at. Heck, if I'd known a deep voice and a one dimensional repertoire was all it took then... well, anyway. Of course, I wouldn't have had a shot because I don't look like a psycho rapist Howdy Doody when I sing.
I know James and Pia will accomplish more than anyone in the top 3. Does anyone even remember who Adam Lambert lost to?
Ranting about TV shows is fun Smile
~Will Rogers
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Yeah, anyone that gets that far is more likely than not to get a dang good career out of the exposure.

Almost makes you wonder why anyone near the top really gets up set when they get voted off.

Hell, with the way things have gone recently, I'd almost expect the top two to be hoping they loose, just for the sake of their careers.

Either americans aren't willing to spend money directly on who they vote for, or the American Idol people just aren't that good as music producers. Guess that's why they're on tv.

Just goes to show democracy doesn't work Smile
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 11:31, gdw wrote:
Just goes to show democracy doesn't work Smile

We agree again.
I think Pia got voted of too soon to have a superstar career but she will have a very succesful one nonetheless.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Well there's a theory going around that since Idol's target audience is mostly teenage girls that's who's doing most of the voting.
And we all know what fantastic taste in music they have.
I think it was rigged. Idol was being criticized because they haven't had many female winners in a while, so now suddenly when they get that criticism there's two (not all that talented) girls in the top three... Hm... Convenient.
~Will Rogers
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I never watched the show after the auditions. From the first season.
-Matt
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 12:29, Matthew W wrote:
I never watched the show after the auditions. From the first season.

That is the best part.

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2905 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Magicalaurie's AI 2011 forum Smile : The two blondes are good, Hayley's highly underrated, James was EXCELLENT- I think he defeated himself somewhat Wed. when he said he felt like he "slipped up a bit last week"- I think that's where he lost ground- he seemed a little embarrassed by his previous week's showing, when in fact it was an honest and courageous showing, indeed. He shouldn't have backed away from it. I'll cut him slack, but I think that was a significant factor in the vote. I think Scotty should have gone (a while ago), though I liked two-thirds of his rendition of "Always on My Mind"- I think he stepped out on the ending, felt he needed to "do something" and lost focus. Pia was phenomenal, I think she deserved to go much further, but I'd say she showed what she needed to, staying longer might have been redundant- she's already there, in my opinion. A large part of the difficulty for contestants, I'd say, is the rush of the "powers that be", I'll call them, to pigeonhole their "style". Yes, you want consistency, identifiability ... you also want DEVELOPMENT overall and authenticity.

Laurie
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I watched the first couple shows....loved Pia for her looks, hated the country poser. He'll likely win and destroy the franchise.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20537 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Here is an interesting statistic. Wanna guess where many of the prior season's top 10 "finalists" are?

In Branson. Working as singing servers. Yay Idol.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 18:57, Dannydoyle wrote:
Here is an interesting statistic. Wanna guess where many of the prior season's top 10 "finalists" are?

In Branson. Working as singing servers. Yay Idol.

link?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20537 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What "link" I live in the town, they are on the marque! I drive past it every day.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
They must make a fortune then.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20537 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
OH yea. The highest paid singing servers in the world.

Or, as it works out the musicians in the town in actual shows hardly make a living, and this must be a little worse.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10767 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
It's just a popularity contest.

Casey was the best talent Idol ever has had.
Who cares if Haley can sing she looks great up there on stage and she will win it all.
\ vinny
Pia went to the same school I attended music and art high had the best vocals of all females...
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2011-05-14 00:00, Dannydoyle wrote:
What "link" I live in the town, they are on the marque! I drive past it every day.

Something like this?
http://www.bransonworld.com/branson-show......nts.html

Sounds like more of a 'show' than 'singing servers'. I could be wrong, I don't live there.

There's no doubt that you could find a fair amount of dredge from the top 10 in the last 6 seasons.

Just the same, it's also launched a fair number of pretty good careers for quite a few. Of course, it's no guarantee. But what is?
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
OK, probably more like this:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Re......uri.html

And yes, it sounds like they are singing servers. Maybe some of the ones that were in the show back in 2008 and decided to stick around.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fudge you, American Idol! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL