The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fudge you, American Idol! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20537 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That is exactly where they are. And yes I said they are singing servers, and yes they are. Your first link is more than 4 years old. That theater isn't even open any more.

I was pointing out that being a "finalist" does not mean so much.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Well, it certainly doesn't mean they are guaranteed success. So if that's what you mean, you're absolutely right. On the other hand what it DOES mean is that they just got a huge boost that will greatly improve their opportunity to be successful. Now it's up to them.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Well, I for one am happy for all of them.

Why all the hate?

Really...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Quote:

Why all the hate?

Really...

Because it's AMERICAN Idol and we are all about the hate the other guy competition. It's not who is best it's who do we hate the least. People get voted off not on. The whole deal has a negative slant.
You know why don't act naive.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 09:20, HerbLarry wrote:
Quote:

Why all the hate?

Really...

Because it's AMERICAN Idol and we are all about the hate the other guy competition. It's not who is best it's who do we hate the least. People get voted off not on. The whole deal has a negative slant.

Speak for yourself. I liked James a lot. I don't hate the others, I just think they suck. The young Southern girl actually seems real sweet, but she doesn't do anything interesting as a performer.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Quote:

Speak for yourself. I liked James a lot. I don't hate the others, I just think they suck. The young Southern girl actually seems real sweet, but she doesn't do anything interesting as a performer.

I always speak for myself, sometimes even humorously. Relax it's just a stupid show. I should have put a few actuallys in there somewhere to sound even more authoritative.
You know why don't act naive.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Don't worry, I wasn't offended. Was just sayin' what I think of those others.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-05-14 23:14, Dannydoyle wrote:
That is exactly where they are. And yes I said they are singing servers, and yes they are. Your first link is more than 4 years old. That theater isn't even open any more.

I was pointing out that being a "finalist" does not mean so much.

Do You Know the Way To San Jose?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 13:55, landmark wrote:

Do You Know the Way To San Jose?

I just take the 101 north.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 09:20, HerbLarry wrote:

. . . It's not who is best it's who do we hate the least. People get voted off not on. The whole deal has a negative slant.

This is an interesting observation in terms of a "magician's choice" or the PATEO force. The whole deal has a negative slant.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fudge you, American Idol! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL