The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Famous Mentalist/Medium Teams (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Doh !!! I am demasked...

Dr.Zodiac, the balloon idea like a said, can be more easier to prepare and present...

However, i thinks that nobody except , some selct person should see the launching of the balloon, why ?

Because, some will just follow the ballon and try to shoot at it..lol

And i know, it's a bit dangerous to wait for the climax, maybe nobody will ever found the box again !!!

But this can be cover also Smile

Kuffs
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
In the northern europe we had a very famous mentalist:
Erik Bang, 1919-1996 with partner.

With "Truxa" as stage name and his wife, Gulli, The duo was very famous for their powerful telepathic acts.
Truxa made his debut 18 years old in National Scala, Copenhagen, Denmark whereby he instantly obtained an engagement. That was the beginning of a long, successful career with magic, illusion and "telepathy".

Through the news media, radio and TV, they became famous with their acts of blind driving and telepathy. They used a very clever code for the telepathic blindfold act.
Axman
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of Axman
I believe the Piddingtons were Australians or New zealanders. They worked a lot in England and as far as I know got their "break" there.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
AS kids a couple of my friends climbed on to the roof of a multistory building. I think about 15-20 story high. One of them hung over the top kicking his legs until a crowd appeared. He then jumped bak on to the roof and then they threw over a dummy dressed the same. They threw it over holding it by the arms. Thjen let one arm go. It was quite windy and although I knew what was happening even my heart was at my mouth. From the ground it looked so real. The women in the crowd were screaming and screamed even louder when they let it go.

It plumeted down looking realas the limbs moved about blown by the wind. A real thud behind a wall! They did it once more before the cops came we all scarpered.

Would be good stunt to do something like this or at least alot of fun. Blaine does these dangerous stunts. Imagine you were to do one and rig it to appear that it had gone wrong!!!

Im sure it would get lots of coverage!!
Smile
Dr Omni
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of Dr Omni
Axman is correct. The Piddingtons were Australians, but became very big in Britain in the late 1940s and early 1950s, with radio and TV appearances and perfomances in larged packed venues, before returning Down Under. Eventually they got divorced, but the husband then re-married and continued the act on a smaller scale with his new wife.

Another couple performing such an act in the US are Falkenstein and Willard. Their mehtod is detailed in one volume of their series of three videos.

If I might be so immodest as to make reference to my own work in this field, I was once a part of a two-person telepathic act, a newspaper report of which can be found at the following link:

http://timesofmalta.com/core/article.php......+readers
Hypnotist and mentalist.
Websites: www.corporatemedservices.co.uk
www.doctoromni.com
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Barry Wiley is an expert on them... Check out this link for more information...

http://www.sherlockholmes.co.uk/magic/cdpiddingtons.htm
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Here in Germany we had in the fifties until the late seventies of the last century an act named:

"CORA" The Lady Who Knows Everything"

I witnessed the act a couple of times and it was faantastic. Cora´s partner was Count Haslingen-Schickfuss, who spoke not a single word during the act. They used a non verbal code which was invented by the Count himself and it was undetectable. Unfortunately they divorced and that was the end of the headlining act. Count Haslingen-Schickfuss died a few years ago, he was over 90 years of age. Cora became a fashion model, demonstrating dresses for older ladies. As far as I know, she is still alive.

Ted Lesley
Smile
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
kazuba
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of kazuba
Mohala
From MagicPedia
Mohala was born Mary Robinson was the wife of Walter Edwin Floyd who performed a two-person mind-reading act as "The Floyds".

"Mohala, the radio mystic" was a phrase coined by her husband. They actively performed magic for several decades starting in the early 1900s. Her billings would read: "Wonderful mind reading tests that far surpass anything heretofore attempted along that line."

The Floyds married early in Walter's career and owed a great deal of success to his Mary. They developed a second sight act and advertising would show Mohalo blindfolded performing calculations as Walter wrote numbers called by members of the audience. She was elected into the SAM Hall of Fame.

"The Floyds, who are among the leading American mind-reading teams, have a system involving 1200 code-words, and can describe anything, no matter how curious." Illustrated Magic by Ottokar Fischer, translated and edited by J.B. Mussey and Fulton Oursler, Macmillan Co., 12 th printing 1950, first edition 1931, Chapter 8, Mind-reading and telepathy, page 135, editors' note,

References
•Who's who in the lyceum By Alfred Augustus Wright (1906)
•Sphinx, Vol 39, page 169 (1940).
•BRIEF LIVES OF MAGICIANS: THE FLOYDS David Meyer in Magicol, No 103 (May 1992).
kazuba
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of kazuba
Piddingtons
From MagicPedia
Sydney Piddington (1918-1991) and Lesley Piddington (1925-) were a husband and wife mentalism team who performed as The Piddingtons and gave one of the most famous stage and radio telepathy acts of modern times.

Sydney Piddington was born in Australia. During World War II he served in an artillery regiment, but was captured and imprisoned for four years. As an escape from the harsh treatment, the prisoners staged theatrical entertainments. An article by Dr. J. B. Rhine on parapsychology in a stray copy of Digest magazine gave Piddington the idea to entertain with a telepathy act with Russell Braddon (who would later write a book).

After the war, Piddington returned to Australia where he met and married a radio-actress named Lesley Pope. They put together a telepathy act based on Sydney's experience, and the Piddingtons became a successful in Sydney and Melbourne on radio and with live stage shows.

In 1949 they went to England, where they became a success on BBC radio programs. Despite the long range, the Piddington were apparently able to communicate with each other in a way that defied most explanations. Everyone had theories about how the were able to perform their act, which became part of the success of the shows as they challenged the public with: "You are the judge." Listeners were stunned as messages were transmitted between the couple from BBC headquarters to places such as the Tower of London or an underwater diving bell.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Wow I just now found a new way to look at my work with Raymond Hill.

We are the ultimate Medium Team.

Working both sides at the same time.

It is going to be a great New year.

J ack

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
kazuba
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of kazuba
Can anyone give me any historical information about mentalist Paul R. Hadley the author of "How to Develop Mental Magic?" I believe he worked with his daughter Joan in a two person mental act. I would like to know something about him.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Although he missed or omitted to mention some such acts William Rauscher's 2002 book "The Mind Readers, Masters of Deception" contains what is probably the most complete listing of such acts along with descriptions of their performances. And it is a very long list.
Dick Christian
cowboybob
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of cowboybob
Kazuba,

Paul R. Hadley (Sr) was my grandfather. I remember him (and my Dad, his sister Joan and my Uncle George) telling me of the act.

Paul R. Hadley III
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Christian and Katalina!

Modern marvels!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
What's happened to them lately? They haven't been around for a while. Must be on the road working, but I hope they can chime in once on a while as I'd still like to hear more from them and hopefully attend their lecture. Also I've nit seen their two person telepathy act. Anyone know of any videos?
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9aKfzKCI0o

But they have a lot!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
wanda&viktor
View Profile
New user
France
84 Posts

Profile of wanda&viktor
The first mind reading act known was pinetti (in France and Europe) ( 1750:1800) but the first serious act was Robert Houdin (1805/1871) with his son in Paris France in his Theater .
In this time it was called "double vue" (second sight).
It is a French Speciality but now we are few here.

Click here to view attached image.
French Mind reading and mentalism act.
Tarot readers.
https://www.mentalistes.fr
https://visiomentalisme.fr
wanda&viktor
View Profile
New user
France
84 Posts

Profile of wanda&viktor
In France the most famous Mindreaders was Myr & myroska in the 60's.
They had great success even in Circus and radio.
French Mind reading and mentalism act.
Tarot readers.
https://www.mentalistes.fr
https://visiomentalisme.fr
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Famous Mentalist/Medium Teams (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL