The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » End Of The World! May 21, 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..17~18~19 [Next]
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Have you seen this commercial on TV?
http://www.familyradio.com/may21/

This story has been covered by all the major newspapers over the last few months. Apparently 1000s of people have quit their jobs, sold their homes and using their money to buy over 3000 billboards, radio and TV ads letting us know the end is coming on May 21!

I understand the Florida Association of Atheists are having a big party to celebrate the end of the world.
http://freethoughtflorida.com/wp/archives/275

Actually May 21st is suppose to be the long awaited Judgement Day. According to these believers, the actual world isn't
going to be destroyed until Oct 21.

What will take place on May 21?

On May 21, 2011 two events will occur. These events could not be more opposite in nature, the one more wonderful than can be imagined; the other more horrific than can be imagined.

A great earthquake will occur the Bible describes it as "such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great." This earthquake will be so powerful it will throw open all graves. The remains of the all the believers who have ever lived will be instantly transformed into glorified spiritual bodies to be forever with God.

On the other hand the bodies of all unsaved people will be thrown out upon the ground to be shamed.

The inhabitants who survive this terrible earthquake will exist in a world of horror and chaos beyond description. Each day people will die until October 21, 2011 when God will completely destroy this earth and its surviving inhabitants.

Someone will have a lot of explaining to do on May 22nd.

Just to be on the safe side I didn't book any shows for May 21. LOL

Devin
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Bring a toothbrush and change of underwear.
hou_dini
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of hou_dini
The same group also said that the "judgement" would come back in September of 1994. You make the call!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I know, he said he miscalculated but has now revealed the correct date. They are quite arrogant about it, the press has asked what will you say on May 22. The answer is, "We won't be here, there is no chance of us being wrong."

Apparently thousands of people have sold their homes and quit their jobs and used the money to buy all those billboards. I was in Tampa when they were flocking the streets proclaiming the end. Apparently a lot of people are buying into this.

I still expect the world to be here intact on May 22. I can't wait to hear the excuses they make. I feel sorry for all those people who sold their homes and quit their jobs. They will be in for a rude awakening on May 22.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 10:16, Devin Knight wrote:

I know, he said he miscalculated but has now revealed the correct date. They are quite arrogant about it, the press has asked what will you say on May 22. The answer is, "We won't be here, there is no chance of us being wrong."

Apparently thousands of people have sold their homes and quit their jobs and used the money to buy all those billboards. I was in Tampa when they were flocking the streets proclaiming the end. Apparently a lot of people are buying into this.

I believe this is the group you're talking about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-......-21.html

But are you sure about the "thousands of people have sold their homes and quit their jobs" bit?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
If I was there I would be selling glow sticks.

All right folks, get your angel glow sticks. No-one gets into heaven without a glow stick.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4095 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
This is the work of Harold Camping, head of Family Radio. Really sad stuff.

I was on vacation in March, in San Diego, and a couple of people by the big outdoor Maritime Museum gave me some literature. It was this warning that the end was coming - then I remembered Camping had made this prediction.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I've got my fingers crossed. This Hell on Earth stuff sounds awesome. I hope there will be zombies and Thunderdome style cage fighting.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Did he account for the extra centuries added to the calendar in the early mideval ages?
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I wish I would have known in advance...probably some good real estate deals.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
254 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
Wow who can beleive in anything now. I was just getting use to the fact that the world end in Dec of 2012. At least this way we don't have to suffer through presidental campaign ads and debates!
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
He broadcasts out of Oakland, about 20 minutes away. I get to see it up close!!!!!!
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2902 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 11:54, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Did he account for the extra centuries added to the calendar in the early mideval ages?

Gol-dang it! You beat me to it! Smile
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 11:54, EsnRedshirt wrote:

Actually, that's a theory that's not backed up by conclusive evidence.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
He didn't take in account the time zones in the world either. He says it will happen 6PM May 21, but what time zone?
It will be May 21 in Asia while it is still May 20th here. When it is May 21 in USA, it will already be May 22 in parts of the world due to the international date line. It can't be May 21 everywhere in the world at the same time. Yet his billboards appear all over the world saying May 21.

That means that the world depending on where you live could end on either May 20, 21 or 22. Out of fairness to his prediction we should give him until May 23 to say he is wrong. I know he is wrong, but I won't say, Look he was wrong until May 23.

Remember he claims the earthquake will encompass the entire world at 6PM.
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3116 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
One of the really, really interesting things about this is that it's basically a no-lose situation for the hard-core believers. Either it happens, in which case their faith is confirmed, or else it doesn't happen, in which case their faith is... confirmed. What happens all too often for end-of-the-world prophets who louse up the prediction is that they feel that their praying and spreading of the message is what averted disaster. It's a fascinating study.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Buy a glow stick and prevent the end of the world.

Only $10 each.

http://www.savetheworldbuyaglowstick.com
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 15:18, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Buy a glow stick and prevent the end of the world.

Only $10 each.

http://www.savetheworldbuyaglowstick.com

That's a broken link Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Disney bought the rights to the URL before I could activate it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » End Of The World! May 21, 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL