The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » End Of The World! May 21, 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19 [Next]
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Ok, I get it, I think...maybe not.

Saturday was Judgment Day, we have all been judged as to who will go to heaven Oct 21. I guess since we have been judged there is no appeal. I guess that means that no new people can be saved. That is why no billboards this go round. We were warned to be ready for judgment day. If we weren't too bad, we were warned.

God in his mercy decided to let the sinners not have to suffer during the last five months before he destroys the world since they will all face eternal death.

Come Oct 21, Jesus will rapture away all God judged this past Saturday to be worthy to go to heaven. The rest of us will be destroyed on Oct 21, but it will be quick, and after we are dead, we will live no more as Camping teaches there is no hell, that we just burn up and that is the end.

Ok makes, perfect sense to me.

BTW, Camping has left himself NO OUT for Oct 21.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I would say to Camping and those that follow him, listen to him, take their spiritual guidance from him:

"Many false prophets will arise and deceive many" Matthew 24:11

This man's Theology is EXTREMELY bad and EXTREMELY dangerous. He is extremely mis-guided and his understanding of Sacred Scripture is that of a mad man. When his end comes, whenever that may be I hope God has mercy on his soul.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
"I don't have any responsibility. I don't have any responsibility of anybody's life. I'm only teaching the Bible. I'm simply saying, 'This is what the Bible says.'"

Apparently, the whole brother's keeper philosophy escapes him. This is pretty amazing for someone who has studied the Bible for 89 years.
Peace

Scott

Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I have to wonder how many of his followers are buying into this new revelation.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I would not be surprised if they all are. I really would not be surprised if he gains more followers.
Peace

Scott

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:

That doesn't mean he won't make one up. I mean, he didn't have an out for this last one, either.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 12:14, Devin Knight wrote:
I have to wonder how many of his followers are buying into this new revelation.

Any reason to think they won't?
You know why don't act naive.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Question is how many times does this Bozo have to be wrong before the press ignores him?
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 12:23, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:

That doesn't mean he won't make one up. I mean, he didn't have an out for this last one, either.

Yes he did, he said the rapture on May 21 and the world to be destroyed Oct 21. He hasn't changed the date of the world being destroyed. It was Oct 21 in both cases. The only thing he changed was that the Judgment was spiritual instead of physical. He has not double prediction this time, it is Oct 21 or nothing.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 12:26, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Question is how many times does this Bozo have to be wrong before the press ignores him?

If first you don't succeed try, try again.

He was wrong two times before, they say the third time is a charm...so maybe this time he will get it right. Highly doubtful.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
Genius, pure genius! It doesn't get any better than this. I almost feel obligated to donate money to his cause now.

Devin, you are a VIP here, so you obviously are worthy of great respect.

But you're a very poor historian. This stuff has all happened before, and in the same way, many, many times. No genius involved.

In fact, let me quote myself from earlier in this thread:

Quote:
The answer is: in one of the usual ways. One way is to admit a miscalculation, but he's probably in too deep for that. He'll probably choose the "new revelation" method, which will be to say that due to the worthiness and energy of him and his followers, the world will be spared yet again.

Now, please note that the "miscalculation" was that of what is spiritual or literal rather than dates, but it still applies. My second point is also explicitly stated in the article you linked to.

There's a "been there done that" aspect to this that means your choice of the word "genius" is completely off. Sorry.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 12:28, Devin Knight wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 12:23, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:

Yes he did

No, he really didn't.

Quote:
On 2011-05-17 09:45, Devin Knight wrote:
What will take place on May 21?

On May 21, 2011 two events will occur. These events could not be more opposite in nature, the one more wonderful than can be imagined; the other more horrific than can be imagined.

A great earthquake will occur the Bible describes it as "such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great." This earthquake will be so powerful it will throw open all graves. The remains of the all the believers who have ever lived will be instantly transformed into glorified spiritual bodies to be forever with God.

On the other hand the bodies of all unsaved people will be thrown out upon the ground to be shamed.

The inhabitants who survive this terrible earthquake will exist in a world of horror and chaos beyond description. Each day people will die until October 21, 2011 when God will completely destroy this earth and its surviving inhabitants.

Was there an earthquake such as has never been seen before? Were graves thrown open? Are we now living in a world of horror and chaos beyond description? ok, maybe that last one, but it's pretty much the same as last week. He said definitively that these things would happen. He refused to even address the "What if it doesn't happen?" question because it was inconceivable. But now that it didn't happen, it turns out there IS a "what if it doesn't happen?" answer. He didn't know what that answer was on the 20th, but on the 22nd he did.

This is no "out." We're supposed to be raptured, dead from an unprecedented earthquake, or living in the chaotic, horrific aftermath of that earthquake. There was absolutely no ambiguity about what he said would happen on the 21st, and it flat-out didn't happen.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7444 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
The Bible makes it pretty clear not to trust false prophets and false teachers... one of the criteria of a genuine prophet of God is they have to get it right all of the time.

The shame of it all is that Mr. Camping's followers care more about what he has to say about the Bible, then what the Bible has to say about him.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Sorry, I haven't read the history of failed doomsday prophets. This is the first one I ever paid attention to, and that was because of all the media coverage. It appears you have two prophets. Camping and Fitzpatrick.

I was correct when I said it appeared from what Camping claims, that God will NOT save any more people. From the above article Firzpatrick is saying the same thing...no one can be saved from now on...if you were not saved prior to Saturday, you are doomed... What a crock of BS!

“May 21 was actually the last day of salvation,” Fitzpatrick told the Star Tuesday from his home. “God won’t be saving anyone, so there will be no more gospel program. Then, in five months, everything will happen on the same day – the earthquake, Rapture, resurrection and destruction of the world. That’s what it looks like now.”
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
The groundwork for the next bogus "out" has already been laid - "That's what it looks like now."

No doubt, it will look different on October 22, and the goalposts will be moved yet again.

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 13:41, Devin Knight wrote:

Sorry, I haven't read the history of failed doomsday prophets. This is the first one I ever paid attention to, and that was because of all the media coverage. It appears you have two prophets. Camping and Fitzpatrick.

I previously mentioned William Miller in this thread. You might read up on him just to see how influential even a 'failed' doomsday prophet can be:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Miller_%28preacher%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Disappointment
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Jehovah's Witnesses have repeatedly predicted the end of the world: 1874, 1914, 1925, 1975 and 2000. It's a hobby.
VE Day
View Profile
New user
LONDON, England, UK
94 Posts

Profile of VE Day
I'm busy in October, can I move mine back to mid-November when I already have a week off?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 14:08, Uli Weigel wrote:
Jehovah's Witnesses have repeatedly predicted the end of the world: 1874, 1914, 1925, 1975 and 2000. It's a hobby.

We used to have some Jehovah's Witnesses who came by the house regularly to proselytize. One day one of them was quoting to me some passage from the Bible and I disagreed with his wording. Regarding mine, he said that that's not how it appears in the original Greek. I asked him if he were sure and he said that he was. I got my Greek New Testament and asked him to show me where it was in the Greek. He, of course, was unable to read Greek and couldn't find even the book, much less the chapter and verse.

They haven't returned since; that was several years ago.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » End Of The World! May 21, 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL