The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » End Of The World! May 21, 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
It is easier to mindlessly swallow what others tell you and regurgitate it as your own personnel thought, rather than have to think for yourself.

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
892 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 15:45, PaulPacific wrote:
FAILED END OF THE WORLD PROPHECIES

"B.C.-A.D. According to the New Testament, The End should have occurred before the death of the last Apostle. In Matthew 16:28, it says:

Verily, I say unto you, there be some standing here which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

One by one, all the apostles died. And the world rolled on for everyone else. . . ."

Bad exegesis. The Amazing Randi is as wild and loose as Mr. Camping. Jesus is not referring to the verse directly above this, on a deeply Theological level this is not an eschatological statement. It also refers to Judas Iscariot.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 12:45, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Was there an earthquake such as has never been seen before? Were graves thrown open? Are we now living in a world of horror and chaos beyond description? ok, maybe that last one, but it's pretty much the same as last week.

This is no "out." We're supposed to be raptured, dead from an unprecedented earthquake, or living in the chaotic, horrific aftermath of that earthquake. There was absolutely no ambiguity about what he said would happen on the 21st, and it flat-out didn't happen.

If he'd only called for tornadoes, he'd have a few more believers.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
There's a bunch of crazy immoral b****rds in charge of nuclear and biological weapons. There's a giant ball of constantly exploding gas that has the potential to wipe out all life in the galaxy. There are asteroids. There are new diseases popping up all the **** time.
The fact is, we are always on the potential brink of destruction.
Any second could be the last for humans.
We don't need a special day to be ready for the end. We should always be ready. 'Cause you never know.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1884 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 21:48, critter wrote:

We don't need a special day to be ready for the end. We should always be ready. 'Cause you never know.
That's what Jesus said, too.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Exactly.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Hey! We got til the 21st of October now! What are we going to put on our playlists for that day?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-05-26 21:55, ed rhodes wrote:
Hey! We got til the 21st of October now! What are we going to put on our playlists for that day?

I thought we could die any day? Smile

Anyway, let's party like it's 1994!

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » End Of The World! May 21, 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL