The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » End Of The World! May 21, 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..17~18~19 [Next]
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 19:25, Steve_Mollett wrote:
How's about if we all HIDE for 24 hours after 'zero hour' to REALLY spook the believers?

Where did everybody go? ARBY's--roast beef sale. Smile


Better yet. We should all go to churches on Sunday and drop piles of clothes all around them. That way when the attendees come out it will look like they missed the big event.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 19:25, Andrew Zuber wrote:
What sucks is I'm a Christian but I consider myself fairly normal.


If we don't see you on the Café next week, we will know you were raptured away. If you are a Christian you will be raptured away whether you believe May 21 or not according to the group.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Apparently they forgot to read Matthew 24:36 - "However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
What will take place on May 21st, 2011? I will be out biking, the sun will rise, and then the sun will set. Also, it might rain.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 20:06, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Apparently they forgot to read Matthew 24:36 - "However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows."

Here is their answer:
The fact so many church leaders are insisting Christ will come as a "thief in the night" (that is, no one can know the day or the hour) is another very important Biblical 'sign' Christ's return is very close. Far too many people mistakenly presume they are at "Peace" with God and therefore in "safety."

Sadly, many assume no human being can know, because they mistakenly believe even Jesus himself does not know the day or hour of His own return.

The belief Christ will come "as a thief in the night" for everyone, including Christ's people, is the foundational basis for which most Christians, including church leaders and pastors reject May 21, 2011.

However, God has written in His Word he will tell his people exactly what he plans before he brings it to pass:

"Surely the LORD GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." (Prophet being in this case MR. CAMPING)

God's "beloved" people are not in darkness that that day would come upon them as a thief in the night. God graciously has written in I Thessalonians 5 verse 4

"But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day (the rapture) should overtake you as a thief."
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 20:25, mahucharn wrote:
What will take place on May 21st, 2011? I will be out biking, the sun will rise, and then the sun will set. Also, it might rain.

I'm sure that will all happen, but you forgot to mention the massive earthquake that will disrupt your bike riding! LOL
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Start mixing the Kool-Aid.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I just wanted to point out, although I know their answers I am NOT part of the group, nor do I believe Judgment Day is May 21. I have just read ALL of the stuff on their website with great interest. These people are good. They have biblical answers and scripture to counter EVERY argument and skeptic. Most of it is very convincing and I can see how they have won over millions (yes millions) of believers around the world. They have a convincing answer for everything.

I can't wait to hear the answer that will be given on May 22 when they are still here! What possible answer can they derive from the bible outside of Mr.Camping being a false prophet when it doesn't happen.

I sincerely hope this doesn't turn into Jim Jones event with people committing suicide because they feel that is the way to heaven.

I have followed this story with great interest since it first broke. I have read the stories from competing christian groups. One fringe group who do not believe this will happen, INSIST that Satan will unleash demons on the world May 21 just to create havoc and confusion. One church group is even saying Satan may cause an earthquake that day to decieve the believers.

Regardless with all the billboards, ads on radio and TV the public is aware of this. Everyone is waiting to see what if anything happens on May 21. I frankly expect nothing out of the normal to happen, however if California has an earthquake that day, I know there are going to millions of people scared out of their wits, and that could just be a coincidence. ANY earthquake that day, anywhere in the world is going to freak people out.

One thing I can predict correctly is that on May 22 there are going to be MANY surprised people! You can take that prediction to the bank.

People surprised they are STILL HERE or people surprised the rapture really did happen and THEY ARE LEFT BEHIND.

Either way I predict I WILL STILL BE HERE and you can read that anyway you want to.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 20:59, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Start mixing the Kool-Aid.


That's what I am afraid of....no joking!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Is that with or without the missing several hundred years that are being discussed on the other thread?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
I'm looking forward to the 5 months of anarchy that will follow before god destroys the Earth Smile
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I think they came up with the date by using a magic square.

"See no matter how you add it up it totals 521, 521..., 5 21 which means May 21!" You can't argue with logic like that...
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 19:25, Andrew Zuber wrote:
What sucks is I'm a Christian but I consider myself fairly normal. It's nut jobs like these that give religion a bad name. I go about my day, do my thing and don't try to cram it down anyone else's throat. Idiots like this guy, Fred Phelps, and quite a few others make me look crazier than I already am.


True, though moderates give the crazies legitimacy.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 19:31, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 19:25, Steve_Mollett wrote:
How's about if we all HIDE for 24 hours after 'zero hour' to REALLY spook the believers?

Where did everybody go? ARBY's--roast beef sale. Smile


Better yet. We should all go to churches on Sunday and drop piles of clothes all around them. That way when the attendees come out it will look like they missed the big event.


More likely they would be amazed at the the lack of subtlety! Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
If any of the May 21st garbage was even almost true. Others like t the Pope would be proclaiming the end will start on May 21st He isn't and it won't. Even if he was making the same claims. It still really wouldn't mean that it will happen.

Devin said that the group making this claim has an answer to every skeptic etc.. They wouldn't every be able prove me wrong even on My worst day.

Yes I do believe in God but I know for a fact this group is a bunch of people with nothing better to do than make up false "facts" The ones that are in charge are making vast amounts of money off of all this too. If the world really was ending why would they even need the money that they have? They wouldn't.

If the start of the end of the world is on Sat Maybe we should all go out with a bang and do whatever it is we have always wanted to do. Hey at least it could make some happy lol.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 22:37, RS1963 wrote:

The ones that are in charge are making vast amounts of money off of all this too. If the world really was ending why would they even need the money that they have? They wouldn't.

How so? I've heard nothing about them doing any fundraising. Only about how they are out selling and then spending everything they have, spreading the word.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
The people doing this are all volunteers. They are paid NOTHING. Many, many people sold their homes and took all the money to help buy billboards. People are using their remaining money to fly to other countries. I have seen them on the streets and NEVER did they ask for money. These people are sincere and really believe the world will end, even if they are wrong.

I would hate to be in Harold Campings shoes, he is going to have to do a lot of explaining Sunday. What do you say to all those people who sold their homes, quit their jobs, left their families and spent the lost few months promoting a cause that never happened. A lot of people are going to lose their faith. You are going to have some P**SED off followers.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of them killed him for ruining their lives and being the cause of them being homeless and broke with life-savings gone. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that some of the followers committed suicide knowing they have nothing left and things they spent a life-time achieving are gone to buy some stupid billboards.

How much ridicule and shame will the followers go through on May 22 and 23 with thousands of Billboards still up proving the claim was false?

You have to remember this whole thing has gotten out of hand with millions of people believing this. The internet if full of stories of young children being terrified of this weekend. Many kids are posting on the net they are scared.

If you visit their web site, you will see these people have hit almost every state in the union with their traveling caravans. There is a slide-show on the website showing ALL the countries that volunteers are in. Yes the believers are in South American, Asia and Africa handing out tracts and buying billboards everywhere they can afford.

This has become world-wide event that is spreading over the globe. Yes other people have predicted the end of the world, but virtually no one has every gone to this extreme to spread the word. A search on the internet will show that newspapers around the world are covering this story since it is only a few days away.

Normally, I would have no interest in a group like this, but the pull and energy they are exerting to spread this news is unbelievable. They have affected millions of people with this falsehood. Lives are being ruined and destroyed by what is happening. I feel very sorry for all those who will suffer through the aftermath.

This weekend millions of people around the world will be relieved to find out Jesus didn't come, but on the other hand there will be millions disappointed and disillusioned because he didn't.

I know most of us will want to laugh and say those idiots were wrong, but they are following a deluded man, and I for one have concern for all the lives this has destroyed and will destroy in the name of religion.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Again some are making money and not getting rid of it to help "spread the word" Their wallets are getting bigger while their followers wallets are getting smaller. Also the followers are being led down the garden path and will end up having the hose turned on them.

If you really had studied this group you would know what I am talking about.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-05-18 00:02, Devin Knight wrote:
The people doing this are all volunteers. They are paid NOTHING. Many, many people sold their homes and took all the money to help buy billboards. People are using their remaining money to fly to other countries. I have seen them on the streets and NEVER did they ask for money. These people are sincere and really believe the world will end, even if they are wrong.

I would hate to be in Harold Campings shoes, he is going to have to do a lot of explaining Sunday. What do you say to all those people who sold their homes, quit their jobs, left their families and spent the lost few months promoting a cause that never happened. A lot of people are going to lose their faith. You are going to have some P**SED off followers.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of them killed him for ruining their lives and being the cause of them being homeless and broke with life-savings gone. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that some of the followers committed suicide knowing they have nothing left and things they spent a life-time achieving are gone to buy some stupid billboards.

How much ridicule and shame will the followers go through on May 22 and 23 with thousands of Billboards still up proving the claim was false?

You have to remember this whole thing has gotten out of hand with millions of people believing this. The internet if full of stories of young children being terrified of this weekend. Many kids are posting on the net they are scared.

If you visit their web site, you will see these people have hit almost every state in the union with their traveling caravans. There is a slide-show on the website showing ALL the countries that volunteers are in. Yes the believers are in South American, Asia and Africa handing out tracts and buying billboards everywhere they can afford.

This has become world-wide event that is spreading over the globe. Yes other people have predicted the end of the world, but virtually no one has every gone to this extreme to spread the word. A search on the internet will show that newspapers around the world are covering this story since it is only a few days away.

Normally, I would have no interest in a group like this, but the pull and energy they are exerting to spread this news is unbelievable. They have affected millions of people with this falsehood. Lives are being ruined and destroyed by what is happening. I feel very sorry for all those who will suffer through the aftermath.

This weekend millions of people around the world will be relieved to find out Jesus didn't come, but on the other hand there will be millions disappointed and disillusioned because he didn't.

I don't know where you live ... but I have to tell you that up until recently, this story was attracting ZERO attention where I live. And certainly no billboards have been spotted here.

I find it rather hard to believe that MILLIONS let alone thousands of people are treating this seriously or even paying this any attention, except as a curiosity.

To get accurate information about how many followers there are, their website would be the last place I looked.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-05-18 00:19, RS1963 wrote:

Again some are making money and not getting rid of it to help "spread the word" Their wallets are getting bigger while their followers wallets are getting smaller.

So, again, as you claim to know, how so? I've heard nothing about them doing any fundraising. Only about how they are out selling and then spending everything they have, spreading the word.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » End Of The World! May 21, 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL