The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » End Of The World! May 21, 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Family Radio has been updated, with all the stuff about the Rapture removed and NO explanations. Just a basic Bible site now.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
891 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Ahhhhh poor Harold. Don't be so hard yourself, Mr. Camping.. I mean, really... it`s not the end of the world!!
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
It's still up with the countdown clock frozen at zero.

http://www.familyradio.com/index2.html
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
If you just go to familyradio.com you don't see it.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2011-05-23 14:52, Devin Knight wrote:
If you just go to familyradio.com you don't see it.

At the bottom of the homepage you see

Quote:
Graphical Homepage updated on: 05/22/2011 18:39:22

Guess they just have to move forward like the rest of us.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
OAKLAND, CA -- Harold Camping, the radio evangelist who predicted the Rapture would take place on May 21, 2011, was reportedly raptured on Saturday at 6:00 p.m. just as he foretold.

"Yeah, I mean I haven't seen him since Saturday around six, so I'm just assuming he got raptured," said David Howard, one of Mr. Camping's most trusted followers. "I think it's pretty lame I wasn't raptured, though. I gave Mr. Camping pretty much all the money I had."

Pundits, members of the media and theologians have been openly ridiculing Mr. Camping and his apparent miscalculation when nothing seemed to happen over the weekend. Camping's group argues that something did happen: the entire world, except for Camping, has been left behind.

"Unfortunately, our souls weren't as pure as his," said Mr. Howard. "We're going to have to suffer the horrors of End Times without our leader."

Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, held a press conference this morning to put the matter to rest.

"Yes, I raptured him," said the Son of God. "But not because it was Judgment Day. I just couldn't bear hearing him go on and on about it anymore. So you're all good... for now."

"Oh, and 2012 is not the end of the world either," added Christ.

No date for Judgment Day has been confirmed.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5171 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
He's still here.

Quote:
Camping, 89, a co-founder and host for the Family Radio network, said at his Alameda home he was "flabbergasted" when his prediction for the rapture to arrive at 6 p.m. Saturday failed to materialize, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Monday.

Quote:
It has been a really tough weekend," Camping said Sunday.

The preacher had predicted the faithful would be called to heaven at 6 p.m. Saturday and those left behind would have to navigate a world of massive earthquakes until the Oct. 21 end of the world.

"I'm looking for answers," Camping said. "But now I have nothing else to say."

"I'll be back to work Monday and will say more then," he said. (c) UPI
Where the magic begins
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
On 2011-05-23 18:33, Devin Knight wrote:
OAKLAND, CA -- Harold Camping, the radio evangelist who predicted the Rapture would take place on May 21, 2011, was reportedly raptured on Saturday at 6:00 p.m. just as he foretold.

"Yeah, I mean I haven't seen him since Saturday around six, so I'm just assuming he got raptured," said David Howard, one of Mr. Camping's most trusted followers. "I think it's pretty lame I wasn't raptured, though. I gave Mr. Camping pretty much all the money I had."

Pundits, members of the media and theologians have been openly ridiculing Mr. Camping and his apparent miscalculation when nothing seemed to happen over the weekend. Camping's group argues that something did happen: the entire world, except for Camping, has been left behind.

"Unfortunately, our souls weren't as pure as his," said Mr. Howard. "We're going to have to suffer the horrors of End Times without our leader."

Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, held a press conference this morning to put the matter to rest.

"Yes, I raptured him," said the Son of God. "But not because it was Judgment Day. I just couldn't bear hearing him go on and on about it anymore. So you're all good... for now."

There is so much bad Theology in these statements that is hard to know where to begin.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-05-23 20:50, Dreadnought wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-23 18:33, Devin Knight wrote:

There is so much bad Theology in these statements that is hard to know where to begin.

Unless Jesus Christ actually held a press conference as reported in that article, I think it is not meant to be taken too seriously.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I'm waiting for confirmation from Buddha.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I'm a little disappointed that all those annoying people are still here.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well with all that claim to be going to heaven, does it ever occur to anyone that heaven is an annoying place?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Heaven:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zNdMc6wGtU

Everyone is trying to get to the bar.
The name of the bar, the bar is called heaven.
The band in heaven plays my favorite song.
They play it once again, they play it all night long.

Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens.

There is a party, everyone is there.
Everyone will leave at exactly the same time.
Its hard to imagine that nothing at all
Could be so exciting, and so much fun.

When this kiss is over it will start again.
It will not be any different, it will be exactly
The same.
Its hard to imagine that nothing at all
Could be so exciting, could be so much fun.

Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4141 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Oh, they shouldn't have been guided by Harold Camping.... They should have been following the carefully wrought-out biblical teachings of "Talking Heads"! Of COURSE!

Doh!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5171 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Camping now says he was just 5 months off and the real event will take place in October. Some of his followers suggest that this was God's way of sorting out the true believers from the non believers.
Where the magic begins
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
An unapologetic Harold Camping made a new prediction Monday: the rapture is actually on Oct. 21, not May 21 as he originally proclaimed.

Camping offered no sincere apology when he spoke publicly Monday for the first time since his failed May 21 Judgment Day prediction. He insisted that his predictions have been right all along, only that his interpretation was more literal when it should have been spiritual.

Judgment Day on May 21 did come, said Camping. However, he clarified that the Judgment Day arrived in a spiritual sense rather than manifesting physically.

"On May 21, this last weekend, this is where the spiritual aspect of it really comes through. God again brought judgment on the world. We didn’t see any difference but God brought Judgment Day to bear upon the whole world. The whole world is under Judgment Day and it will continue right up until Oct. 21, 2011 and by that time the whole world will be destroyed," he proclaimed.

The president of Family Radio said he agreed to speak because many people have been asking and that he had to "honorably" face that.

Camping also took no responsibility for those who gave up everything based on his predictions.

"We at Family Radio never tell anyone what [to] do with their possessions. That's totally between them and God," he said.

But before Oct. 21, Camping said he will not sell any of his possessions, pointing out that he still needed a place to live and bills to pay until five months from now.

"Whenever Christ comes, whatever I have left, I will just leave it behind," he said. "Until then, I still need to live."

He said Family Radio has no intention of returning the money to donors.

"No, that money is still going out. We're still in business. We still have another five months," said Camping.

"Why would we return it? It's been given to get the Gospel out. We're spending it as wisely as possible."

He stressed that he has not received any salary and that they’re not trying to garner anything for themselves. There is no greed at Family Radio, he stated.

“We're spending it as wisely as possible and maybe by Oct. 21 we'll only have $10 left.”

“It wont be spiritual on October 21st,” Camping said, adding, “the world is going to be destroyed all together, but it will be very quick.”

Camping had previously pointed to October 21 as the last day on earth for all humanity.

His former assertion was that a faithful three percent would be physically pulled into heaven by God through the Rapture on May 21, to be followed by a five month period of great suffering known as the Tribulation, ending, finally, on October 21. On Monday’s broadcast, Camping speculated that perhaps a merciful God decided to spare humanity five months of “hell on earth.”

http://www.christianpost.com/news/harold......e-50438/

Genius, pure genius! It doesn't get any better than this. I almost feel obligated to donate money to his cause now.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Great. We can talk about this for at least another 5 months! Smile

William Miller made a couple of these predictions long ago. After his first or second failed, he decided on a final October date as well, i.e. October 22, 1844.

Anyway, here is a nice extended article about Camping and his new prediction:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-......ITO=1490
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Camping said his group would not be mounting another advertising push. In the months leading up to May 21, Family Radio billboards popped up across the country, warning that the end was near.

"We're not going to be passing out tracts," Camping said. "We're not going to put up any more billboards. We're not going to be advertising in any way. The world has been warned. We did our little share and the media picked it up. But now the world has been told, it's under judgment."

Hmmm, no advertising, no tracts....I bet most people will forget the world will end on OCT 21 and never realize it didn't.
Again...PURE GENIUS.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2304 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
You have to admit, Harold Camping is not your typical wacko religious freak. I listened to some of his broadcast last night and he still impresses me as a very nice man who has steadfastly studied the Bible all of his 89 years of life. It is true that he never told anyone to sell their possessions or do anything such as that, only to pray for God’s mercy—and what’s wrong with that? Do we not all need God’s mercy?

When the subject came up about the mother who tried to kill her children he was horrified and spoke with great passion about the sanctity of life. Would Jim Jones or David Koresh do that?

Don’t get me wrong, I believe his conclusions about this subject are erroneous and am still angered that he has squandered the potential of this company he created. It just confuses me how many of his other positions are deeply rooted in scripture.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4141 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Ken, Camping has a number of other wild teachings. Might want to pick up a book called "Dangerous Airwaves". It will tell you much about Camping and his teachings. I listened last night, as well. He impressed me as a very nice man - who feels like the bible is his own personal Play Dough.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » End Of The World! May 21, 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL