The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Appearing Sports equipment-Square Cirlce (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

amazingv
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of amazingv
I am in the process of developing a routine using a square circle as a television set. Will do bits with commercials, shows etc. but would also like to change channel to ESPN to get some sports in. Was wondering if anyone knew of exisitng or ideas for appearing baseball bats or hockey sticks or something of that nature. I've seen pool cues, pencils etc. But those do not mesh with the idea.

Also any thoughts on getting it to smoke.
idomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Denver, CO
255 Posts

Profile of idomagic
What size SC are you planning on using?
Chad Wonder (Chad Wonder Magic, Inc)
Past President SAM 37/IBM 131 (Mile High Magicians)
www.idomagic.com
www.iDOMAGIC.dev
Full Effect Steve
View Profile
New user
NJ
82 Posts

Profile of Full Effect Steve
This might work for the smoke.
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php......0&page=1

Smoke Machine - Mini Electric

Imagine lighting a cigarette, and, after a couple of puffs, you decide to “save it for later“!

”What do you do with it?“ Place it in your shirt pocket or breast pocket of your jacket. Instantly, and to everyone’s amazement, a thick fountain of smoke starts to rise out of your pocket and it keeps going on and on, minute after minute!

Mini-Smoke I is a special FX device that fits anywhere and produces thick smoke instantly after it is switched on. It is totally under your control. Mini-Smoke I is a great sight gag perfect for comedy, crazy stunts, real magic, and special effects.

Use in any everyday situation to amaze ‘em and knock them off their seat!

• Not to be confused with other smoke devices.
• No harmful or irritating chemicals.
• Easy to operate at any time.
• Still produces smoke after weeks (or even years) of non-use.
• Small size - fits into breast pocket or magic props.
• Only 10 cents for each performance
amazingv
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of amazingv
I was going to build one so size is up in the air. Nothing to large.
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
With some strong magnets you could cut a tennis racket in half and pull out the handle part first before attaching the head with the magnets. It could be done with a hockey stick too. I would look for kid's plastic ones for lightness and ease of gluing magnets into.
I have not seen anything commercially made in latex or spring that is sports themed.
How about producing a team shirt, and stealing a bowling ball from somewhere and producing it out of the shirt.
Using a "That's not supposed to be used in hockey" type of line.
Stealing large items under cover of something else has been done for years by the old pros, but it doesn't seem to be seen much anymore.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7444 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
There were some appearing basketballs at one time, that could be produced from a briefcase. Maybe that's an option?

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
tgs
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of tgs
Dan Harlan had an appearing golf club in one of his Packs Flat DVDs. You could build that yourself.
idomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Denver, CO
255 Posts

Profile of idomagic
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 17:12, Donald Dunphy wrote:
There were some appearing basketballs at one time, that could be produced from a briefcase. Maybe that's an option?

- Donald

I think that was a trick briefcase... Anything you can find in plastic can be hinged and folded. A little special effect painting and you're set.
Chad Wonder (Chad Wonder Magic, Inc)
Past President SAM 37/IBM 131 (Mile High Magicians)
www.idomagic.com
www.iDOMAGIC.dev
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7444 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
No, it was a regular briefcase. The 2 basketballs are the "special item". I saw them in person at a magic auction.

Read more here.

There is a different trick where you produce a solid bowling ball out of a briefcase, that uses a special briefcase. That is better known. That's probably what you're thinking of, Chad.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island
398 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
Try going to a plastic manufacturer to pick up the same material used in the appearing 8ft pole or 4ft broom for the baseball bat, hockey stick and tennis racket. I even saw some of it at a dollar store. I think Axell makes a Square/Circle for recycling that might work for you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Appearing Sports equipment-Square Cirlce (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL