The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lord of the Strings By Stephen Noble (Mad About Magic) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Stephen Noble's new DVD 'Lord of the Strings' is due to launch mid june.

If you saw the Audi advert where a group of designers make a full scale replica of an Audi A4 out of string, you will have seen his work.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wOPJa6Nrac His father founded the International String Figures Association (he's the professor in the Audi advert) and both Stephen and his father are considered the worlds leading authorities on String Games, publishing on the subject for over 30 years.

Stephen contacted me about working on a project together to take the concept of string stories originating from Papua New Guinea and developing them into routines for magicians. Stephen flew over from Milan to film the work, and I'm very happy with the result...

Trailer: http://www.madaboutmagic.com/p37157/The_......fo.html

Description:
The Lord of the Strings a five phase routine in which you pass a loop of string magically through just about every body part available!!

With it's history stemming back to the indigenous people of Papua New Guinea these string techniques have been passed down through generations as a way of telling stories through visual means.

Stephen Noble teaches you five adapted 'string games' that result in some visual and surprising penetrations of flesh and bone. Learn to pass a loop of string through all five of your fingers, through your wrist or even through your neck! Stephen guides you through all of the ins and outs of these age old techniques so you will be having fun straight away with The Lord of the Strings!

With the loop of string provided these fun effects can be performed at a moments notice. The loop of string itself is un-gimmicked and is handled by the spectator throughout the routine.

Perfect for just a straight performance or ideal to be accompanied by a story. If you are into escapology then these techniques could be used to demonstrate your ability to just 'melt' through restraints.

Suitable for all levels of ability
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
I was involved with the filming (as you may tell as I am in the trailer!!) and what I loved about this project was seeing how Stephen had taken these 'string game' techniques (all gathered and documented in Papua New Guinea by his father in the 70's) and immediately saw the inherent 'magical potential' within them. Where a technique showing a tied up loop of string releasing might have been used to tell a tale of freedom Stephen saw it in a totally different light and saw it as a magical penetration. It was really interesting to see where the origins of these techniques came from. And I must say Stephen really is a dab hand with a loop of string!!

Ben
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Stephen Talks about string technique and filming for the advert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls-z1AWZyrU
escherwolf
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of escherwolf
Anybody know what's happening with this product? I pre-ordered it in May, it was intended to be launched in June, and now in November the order is still marked as waiting on release of item. Are we likely to see it released in the near future?
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I emailed Dominic and he wrote back that this would be a download. He mentioned it would be February.
I PMed him and he read my PM but did not respond.
Too bad, looked great,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
escherwolf
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of escherwolf
It was advertised as a DVD, not a download. I preordered it in May last year, and have not heard anything since. No emails apologising for delays or otherwise. When I ordered it, it was supposed to be a go, and filming was already done, and it was projected for release by June. What happened? I understand that things can go wrong, but in other cases where problems have occurred with orders and preorders, Vendors have kept me apprised of what was happening. In the case of Lord of the Strings, the advertising for it hasn't changed from when I Originally ordered to warn potential customers there was a delay. This is the kind of thing that discourages magicians from preordering.
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
So any more on this one?
May your darkness come quickly
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Quote:
On 2012-09-09 21:17, drjohn wrote:
So any more on this one?

I think they changed the title to: Lord of the Stringing You Along
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Try phoning them. It is a premium rate number and they always put you on hold, forever. Or email them. Or don't bother because they do not respond.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Hi Guys
Lord of the strings got put on hold and everyone who pre-ordered got refunded or swapped over to an alternative product. I wasn't happy with the finshed product, so decided to hold the project. I may release it in another format when I can get around to it.

@Pegasus, sorry you had trouble getting through to my sales team, they get a LOT of calls so sometimes you can be in a que behind another magician they are helping. They also give advice and training over the phone, not just take order, so calls can be long. You can press a button when on hold at any time and leave a message and one of the team will call you back to save your phone bill. MoM is a real bricks and mortar magic shop, so also serve customers actually in the shop too, so a que can sometimes happen. I don't think it's good to pass over phone lines to answering companies as I thing magicians should talk to an actual magician when they call, not a receptionist.

You can contact the customer care team free on our BT free phone number 0800 321 3025
UK Landline 01273 903916
International +44 2173 903916
Video chat with Facetime free ( use sales@magicshop.co.uk)
Skype us on magicshop.co.uk
Live chat to a support magician free from every page on the site
Email us at http://www.magicshop.co.uk/contact_us.php
Mesage us on twitter @merchantofmagic
Facebook email us at http://www.fackbook.com/merchantofmagic
Come to the shop and chat with us with a coffee

Please do get in touch if you need any help.

Hope this helps

Dominic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lord of the Strings By Stephen Noble (Mad About Magic) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL