The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Love My Kindle 3G (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I purchased the Kindle 3G a few weeks ago and I LOVE it.
I have all of my Magic PDF files on it and some very good Magic books.
The Royal Road To Card Magic, The Memoirs Of Robert Houdin, The Dariel Fitzkee Trilogy, and Jim Steinmeyer's The Last Greatest Magician In The World (Great Book Jim).
I can put all of my PDF's from Lybrary.com and other sources. I can now carry most of my Magic books with me wherever I go.
The 3G is fantastic. I can even get on the internet using my 3G and check out the Magic Café and my E-Mail.
The included 3G and Web Browser is FREE! I enjoy the fact that I can get online almost anywhere and don't have to pay.
It also plays MP3 files as well.
What a Wonderful tool.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
I have it and I carry it with me everyday. I can now read without having to carry heavy books. And I'm pleasantly surprised by the sound quality of the Kindle. Amazon sells a cheaper version with ads at only $114. If you're into reading, I highly recommend it.
Bernard Sim
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Yes, the sound is incredible for such a small unit. I wish my Laptop sounded as good. Of course headphones or patching into your stereo gives better sound quality but the quality of sound from the unit itself is more than sufficient and the volume is more than enough.

I really recommend the G3 model ($189.00 U.S.) because of the free G3 access when no Wi-Fi is available and being able to Google and surf the net can come in quite handy.
I like the loan a book to a Friend feature as well, although I have not set-up this feature yet.

Most Sunday's I pay $.75 to read the Seattle Times and for $10.00 a month I could get all the issues but I prefer to get single issues once in a while so I won't be subscribing.

for $.99 there is a very good "Notepad" App. that is like a mini word processor for jotting down notes.
-Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
3G now down to $139. I too love mine, PDFs have very tiny font but I am cutting and pasting to get text to fit.

Oh yeah, they are now charging sales tax depending on where you live. I just got charged!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Love My Kindle 3G (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL