The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » School punishes girl for not snitching (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Or at least not doing it quick enough.

http://www.huliq.com/10178/mother-report......pended-0

So this eighth grader was on a bus from a school trip when she notices two other students having sex in one of the other seats. Ok, weird enough situation.

So, when she gets home she tells her mother. Her mother contacts the school, let's them know about the incident, and probably wondering why the 4 adult chaperones were watching the kids.

What does the school do? Maybe thank the girl for bringing this to someone's attention? No, she gets punished, apparently under the mentality that she was a participant because she didn't immediately jump up yelling "Ms. Smith, Billy's humping Susie!" Or maybe they were just ****ed they missed the action?

Seriously, punishing kids for what they see? "You saw something 'bad' a and didn't tell the 'right' person right away, bad girl."

This is why there are kids ratting out their parents for smoking pot. Maybe next time a kid does so, they'll punish them for not calling the cops the moment they saw their parents getting high.

Wasn't the snitch society thing a big thing in nazi germany, and many distopian tales?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Obviously the 4 adult chaperones were incompetent and should be banned from chaperoning. They should be embarassed.

The only thing that can get any weirder in this is that the parents of the kids having sex should sue the school system for letting it happen when it was supposed to be chaperoned.

I feel bad for the girl who reported this and for her parents at this point.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
On 2011-05-19 18:51, gdw wrote:
Or at least not doing it quick enough.

http://www.huliq.com/10178/mother-report......pended-0

So this eighth grader was on a bus from a school trip when she notices two other students having sex in one of the other seats. Ok, weird enough situation.

So, when she gets home she tells her mother. Her mother contacts the school, let's them know about the incident, and probably wondering why the 4 adult chaperones were watching the kids.

What does the school do? Maybe thank the girl for bringing this to someone's attention? No, she gets punished, apparently under the mentality that she was a participant because she didn't immediately jump up yelling "Ms. Smith, Billy's humping Susie!" Or maybe they were just ****ed they missed the action?

Seriously, punishing kids for what they see? "You saw something 'bad' a and didn't tell the 'right' person right away, bad girl."

This is why there are kids ratting out their parents for smoking pot. Maybe next time a kid does so, they'll punish them for not calling the cops the moment they saw their parents getting high.

Wasn't the snitch society thing a big thing in nazi germany, and many distopian tales?

I have no clue as to what your point is.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Not too many actual details in the original linked article, so try this:

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Oh......1478.php

According to the above, the girl gave her seat up to the boy so that he could have sex with her seat mate.

I still don't really understand under what rule she was punished. For switching seats on a bus?

One of the articles mentions how students who witness other students fighting on school or near school grounds are suspended and considered participants ... but does 'witness other students fighting' include witnessing other students making whoopee?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
"One of the articles mentions how students who witness other students fighting on school or near school grounds are suspended and considered participants"

You see anything?
Not me.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Is there a rule against sex on a school bus? Why?

Or is the rule against eighth graders having sex? If so, why?

I figure that my son's sex life is between himself and his partner, and to whatever extent possible (I know that I hardly told my parents anything) me and my wife, and not school officials.

"But Jeff, surely you don't think kids should be sodomizing each other on school busses!"

Why not? If the four chaperones didn't notice, they were obviously being discrete.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Oh wow! I should have read the article first. This was obviously a case of racism.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-05-20 03:00, stoneunhinged wrote:

I figure that my son's sex life is between himself and his partner, and to whatever extent possible (I know that I hardly told my parents anything) me and my wife, and not school officials.

"But Jeff, surely you don't think kids should be sodomizing each other on school busses!"

Why not? If the four chaperones didn't notice, they were obviously being discrete.

Well, that's speaking your mind loud and clear.

I may not agree, but I applaud your clarity. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2011-05-20 03:00, stoneunhinged wrote:

There are public indecency and lewdness statutes in virtually every jurisdiction. As the article noted, the girl who reported the incident was able to observe it well enough to describe exactly what they were doing. So, yes, there are actual laws that prohibit the conduct complained of.

You state that it is only the business of the participants and their parents. I submit that it is also the business of the parents of the other children on the bus as well as the school. (Not to mention the juvenile courts)
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Right. If the girl actually watched them do whatever they were doing, then I agree they shouldn't have been doing it.

Personally, I have committed sexual acts on buses. But no one was watching, and no one complained.

Anyway, I read the article after I posted, and there were actually eight chaperones on the bus, not four.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-05-20 06:13, stoneunhinged wrote:

Personally, I have committed sexual acts on buses. But no one was watching, and no one complained.

But this kid had a partner, which exponentially increases the chance of being seen.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Doooooooooood...
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Smile
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Juvenile courts!!!!????? What are you talking about?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2719 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I don't know. I think it maybe that if she had reported it sooner as the school seems to suggest that she would not have been suspended. I agree wasn't the right way for the school to handle it. A "Next time you see something going on let those in charge know then" would have been sufficient. I think we all remember not telling our own parents about something that went wrong and they told us to not wait so long next time and to report to them as soon as it happens. Or very soon after.

But anyway what's done is done no sense in the mother trying to take the school to court etc.. There isn't any reason too. All the mother now wants to do is make a big scene and bring attention to her and her daughter, when it is best to just let it all be forgotten and get on with their daily lives.

Also why do they continue to have "graduations" for the lower grades? It has never made any sense to me. Graduating High School and College should be honored but not Jr. High etc... It's really stupid.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
We've got old 8mm movies of my older sister's kindergarten graduation.

I suppose the reason for all those graduations is photo opportunities.

When I defended my doctoral dissertation, no one was there other than me and my professors. They dismissed me into the hallway to make a decision, then came out and shook my hand and said "congratulations", and left.

So I stood in the hallway and thought, "OK, that's done. Now what do I do with the rest of my life?"

Tweren't no photo op involved.

I went into a serious depression. No, I'm not kidding. You set a goal, reach it, and then it's over, and there wasn't much of a point in the whole exercise other than to get a meaningless piece of paper. Yes, you could call me "Dr. Stoneunhinged", but that won't buy me a cup of coffee, will it? And it sure doesn't buy respect in Internet forums. And--my Lord!--Internet forums are, like, important, fer sher!

Some poor 14-year-olds were fooling around with each other's private parts on a school bus (who hasn't?), and now they can't have their mini-proms or mini-graduations.

And one of them had some kind of Native-American-Sounding-Name, so the dogwhistles blew the whole thing up like a bucket of blood at the prom, Carrie style.

I've had a few beers. Can you tell?

Really?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2011-05-20 12:47, kcg5 wrote:
Juvenile courts!!!!????? What are you talking about?

It was suggested that there were no "rules" against having sex on a bus. (i.e. in public)

I responded that there are - the the form of public indecency and lewdness statutes.

Now while it appears that no charges were filed in this case, they could have been had a police officer witnessed the conduct.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
This is confusing to say the least. By that I mean, I see the word "sodomizing" used. Is that what was done? Were they having intercourse or were they commiting sodomy?

Also sodomy is a murky term as sometimes it means being forced aganist ones will and also in many instance "unnataural" sex acts..before anyone jumps all over the use of the word unnatural sex I am referring only to a dictionary definition of sodomy because I am sure many will say if it can be done it is not unnatural...ok if that trips your ticket that is your business. However we are talking about 8th graders here which stoneunhinged seems to think it is their business and not of their parents (if I knew that was your way of thinkiing I certainly would not let my children hang with yours)...again if that trips your ticket that is your business.. err well sort of but I think many would disagree with that philosphy. I think at 14 it is your business as a responsible parent. Is this how you brought up your children? Is this how you were brought up? I am referring these questions to stoneunhinged.

If that is your thinking is it ok for a 14 year old to have sex with an adult? I am not talking legality here but you say it is their business and if they decide to it seems to be your opinion that athis is ok unless I am reding your meaning wrong. But when you say their sex is their business you either mean it or you don't.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16200 Posts

Profile of tommy
Its OK only if the 14 year old is me.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Aces, neither of the two articles I read said anything about what they were doing. I chose the word "sodomy" as a joke because of another thread. I often cross-reference other threads with my jokes. It doesn't usually work, I guess. However, I do assume that only oral sex was involved, as I just can't imagine doing the full deed on a school bus bench without people noticing.

Also, if you go back and read my first post, you will indeed find that I think it is the parents' business. In fact, it was my very point that I don't really appreciate school officials getting involved in parenting.

Do I think 14-year-olds should be having sex? No. Not on buses, not on trains, not in cars, not in planes. But if they do, I think it should be a parenting issue and not a school issue.

Now, Bob mentioned that there are laws against public lewdness, and should anyone violate such laws they should be punished. And no, 14-year-olds shouldn't violate those laws.

Having said all that, I think that a human being's sexuality is primarily a private matter, and I think it's quite reasonable to let that fact guide us in our discussion of these kinds of issues. Remember my position on Tiger Woods? Yes, he is an adulterer in the nth degree. But I contend that we shouldn't know that. It's literally none of our business. Some angry women made it public knowledge, and an incredibly irresponsible press--disregarding the emotional health of Tiger's wife and children--splashed it on the front pages of newspapers across the world. How would you like to be one of Tiger's children?

In the same way, Ms Roundtree's daughter got into trouble, and now I know that girls name--here in Germany!--if not the name of the kids fooling around on the bus.

So the story bothers me in the same way. I honestly do not remember exactly what I did at fourteen. (I did not have real sexual intercourse until I was 22. And I was married. I did not have pre-marital sexual intercourse as a teenager. It doesn't make me better than anyone else, but it may make a difference in how some of you perceive my comments.) It's not really about how old the kids are, or what they were doing or where they were doing it. It's about the fact that we are discussing--internationally--private lives and private things. I object to this, so my first reaction was to comment that the kids were doing things that most of us have probably done, so let's not get all uptight about it.

I think there is this thing I call the Great American Hypocrisy, which I see in myself and virtually all other Americans, of constantly contradiction ourselves by making a public outcry about things that we privately either approve of or at least do ourselves. I brought it up in a racism thread recently. But you could pick any issue. Gender roles, race, class, education, gays, war. In each of these categories, there is a difference between how we talk in public and in private. In public we follow special rules about tolerance and such. In private we don't. Certain posters can easily make a name for themselves by not following these rules. Carrie-Sue, for example, is simply honest all the time.

This fascinates me. So when I post I usually poke around these issues with a pitchfork and see what happens.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » School punishes girl for not snitching (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL