The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Help with doorway act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jason K.
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Jason K.
What would be the best way to attract, say, 20-30 people for a smaller show as opposed to a much larger circle show?
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Jason,
I don't see how you can keep it to a small tip if you are working where lots of people are walking. 20 to 30 people is a big tip most places. I would call a small tip 10 to 15 people, but if more people stop, well...
Don
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5313 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
If you want to keep the crowd small, bring them in very close to your table. Then people in the back wont be able to see, simple. I love working with people right on top of me. it's so intimate. it's a lot of fun and can be a very special energy. And your hat per person will likely be better. It's a lot of fun. "come in close guys, I want you to be very close. It's close-up magic. Please come in, I'm saving my voice for a paying job!"

Off on the road in about 2 minutes...have a great week guys!

koz
Jason K.
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Jason K.
Thanks, I have experience with large shows, but this will a first for me and I am looking forward to it very much.

If you're interested, I'll post what I picked up through experience.
Swami Bill
View Profile
Regular user
Le Monde
135 Posts

Profile of Swami Bill
This is the size show that I've been working with this season. I'd love to hear what you have to say about your experiences.

I have a regular pitch that can accomodate up to 50 or so. Usually the crowd is 15 plus or minus a few and I've done things for 1 or 2 people.

The few times I've gathered a sizeable tip, half walked away without giving anything. But as the wise Kozmo sez: "Your hat per person will likely be better" with a more intimate group. This has also been my experience.

Break a leg and Fat Hats!

- Bill
That's MISTER Swami Bill to you.
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
I did some close-up last weekend for the first time in a long time (on the street). I would come out from behind my table and get people to help.

I have one routine where I get two people to help and I get them from different groups who have stopped. So those two groups will stay making a small crowd which can attract a few more people.

Try that and see how it works! I found having a table between me and the people restrictive, so I got out with the people quite a bit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Help with doorway act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL