The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Al Schneider book by L&L (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1590 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I just got an email from L&L for preordering a huge Al Schneider book for $69.95, with mid June delivery.
http://www.llpub.com/new-book-from-ll-pu......r-magic/

I wonder if it is the previous material combined in one single book or it is a new re-write also with new photos and so on.

Pablo
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
I've had actually had a chance to look through this book and I must say, it's certainly one of the magic publishing events of the year. Some material has never seen print while others, such as Matrix, have been completely re-written. What's more, the book is a representation of Al's philosophy regarding magic so there's also quite a bit of performance theory that is very worthwhile, even apart from the tricks (which are terrific!)

At the end of the day, this book is a summary of Al's thoughts and creations. If you're an Al Schneider fan, this is a must-have. If you're not familiar with Al's work, this is more than the perfect introduction.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5941 Posts

Profile of motown
This is one book I'm really looking forward to. A book filled with great thinking and magic. It's hard to imagine you can get a book with over 700 pages with 1500 plus photos for $80. $69 of you buy it now.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1590 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Thank you Jim, I will pre-order the book
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
I e-mailed Mr Schenider several months ago looking for a copy of his zombie routine and he mentioned he was working on something with L&L. I was thinking DVD and keep looking for one. But this is even better love a good magic book thanks for the heads ups have to get this one.

Best
Leo Jr
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1311 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Just made my pre-order for the deluxe edition. Can't wait!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22561 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, Mr. Schenider has a lot to say about the philosophy. Even if you don't want to read all the theory, the magic is next to creating miracles.

I once knew a magician who studied Al's material, such as his coins across, and it was the closest thing to performing real magic one could ever possibly do.

I have performed his Matrix for years and just love it, if you like to perform real type magic.

His Zombie move is just pure genius, covering a ball while suspended in mid air. All you close-up guys will jump for joy as this is a close-up routine. He use to do it at magic conventions at his dealer table. You can't get more close then that, now can you.

All his material will of course take a lot of practice. It is not a read it and do it type of magic.

Those that choose this material to learn will be way ahead of anybody in magic. This is the real deal, guys.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
What level of sleight of hand do you need to perform his effects? thanks
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
The book "Al Schneider on Zombie" is what inspired Tommy Wonder to start working with the Zombie - an effect Tommy didn't care for until he read Al's book.

Al's student, Suzanne The Magician, just won The Castle's Close-up Magician of the year.

So you just know this book is going to be great!
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1477 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
To whom it may concern: If you really like Al Schneider and his magic, you should at least write his name correctly.
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Sorry about that I do the same thing with numbers some times.Mr Schneider is great.Need change for a twenty?

Thanks
Leo Jr
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Ordered the book today, cause I am a fan of Mr Schneider.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1590 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I just pre-ordered the book, looking forward to a good reading this summer
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I have it pre-ordered too. Hurry up L&L!!! Man it is rare enough these days that LARGE magic books are even being published let alone the work of one of magic's greatest thinkers.

I also have a Korg KRONOS 73 on the way from Sweetwater Music. It's going to be a FUN summer with no sleep!! YAY!! (N.B. The main manual for Korg's new workstation weighs in at 1100 pages and Schneiders's book is 700+ pages. I may be vanishing for the next three months Smile)

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
The Al Schneider book is now in stock and shipping. I had a chance to look at the pre-press .PDF but now that the book is in my hands, it really is something.

This book really is a must-have!
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1590 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I want mine NOW!!! ( I can wait a little ...)
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Look forward to some reviews
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
227 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
Recently ordered my book. Hopefully I should have it any day now. Going to have fun practicing this stuff.
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of acortest
Brehaut asked back on May 21st what level of expertise do you need to perform a lot of Al Schneider's magic from this book. Now that is has shipped and is in a few people's hands, can anyone provide some feedback on it?

Thanks!
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
227 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
I don't have the book, but am familiar with Schneider's material, and familiar with most of the contents of the book (this is essentially a collection of Schneider's classic works). The work is attainable. It requires practice, but Schneider gives you drills to learn things. I wouldn't say anything is particularly difficult if you follow his instructions and practice the material.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Al Schneider book by L&L (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL