The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Al Schneider book by L&L (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
You know there's always that crazy uncle at the party from too much Wild Turkey.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
My 2nd copy arrived today!!! That was really quick. I am really excited and impressed with it already.
Thank you for sharing your Magic with us! Now, we can hopefully share it with others!

Mike
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Al,

I've worshiped your clear thinking about magic since I bought a copy of Matrix back in 1977, for the best four dollars I ever spent on magic.

To your credit, you acknowledge your shortcomings in editing and proofreading, both then and now. Trust me, there's no shame in it. Your brilliance obviously shines elsewhere.

As a retired journalist and proofreader, I can tell you I would have proofed your book solely for the honor and pleasure of doing so. Well, and for a copy of the finished book, of course.

Contact me anytime. I am humbly at your service.

And thank you for Matrix.

Mark Nemmers
maxamillian1
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of maxamillian1
Alakazam Magic are showing this book on their website but they are in fact out of stock of the item. So if you want it quickly, don't order from Alakazam!

Max
antonio123
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
138 Posts

Profile of antonio123
I ordered Approaching Magic last friday from Alakazam. I received a mail a hour later that's the book out of stock and
that they will send the book on Monday. Monday I received a mail it has been sent.
On Thursday the book was in the post box.
I live in Germany. I can only recommend Alakazam.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2011-07-21 17:39, maxamillian1 wrote:
Alakazam Magic are showing this book on their website but they are in fact out of stock of the item. So if you want it quickly, don't order from Alakazam!

Max

Annoying. I ordered it. Guess I'll be waiting a while. Not the first time this has happened.

They should add an in/out of stock indicator.
Savels
View Profile
New user
circa 1730
51 Posts

Profile of Savels
I have an earlier publication from Al, The Practice of Magic Deception. It's had a profound impact on the way I view magic. This larger collection of his works, looks to be a real treat. Thank you Al!
Troels
View Profile
Loyal user
Denmark
205 Posts

Profile of Troels
I am a great admirer of Al Schneiders magic, his thinking and his teaching. He has this rare talent for making you look at your own magic with new eyes - more clear eyes.

Since I already have most of his manuscripts and DVDs and not so much money, I am not bying this book. But I wish I could afford it!!

Troels
Garrett
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
258 Posts

Profile of Garrett
I'm really having a hard time choosing between this book, and the older DVD set. Part of the problem is that the ToC for the book is not quite as detailed as I might wish. Would someone be willing to "fill in the blanks" for me? For example, what moves are taught in Chapter 6 under "Coin Moves"? The DVD set has a section on lapping; does the book contain any teaching on lapping?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
Quote:
On 2011-08-01 11:24, Garrett wrote:
I'm really having a hard time choosing between this book, and the older DVD set. Part of the problem is that the ToC for the book is not quite as detailed as I might wish. Would someone be willing to "fill in the blanks" for me? For example, what moves are taught in Chapter 6 under "Coin Moves"? The DVD set has a section on lapping; does the book contain any teaching on lapping?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

I purchased this book about a month ago...Here are some answers:
- there is no lapping
- Coin Moves: FP, CP, Schneider Vanish, Schneider Classic Vanish, Snapback , Pop Up Move,Max Al Ping Chein, Twirl Load
Quite a bit of detail is given on each
I also have Al Schneider Technique DVD Vol 1 ...a few of these moves are also taught in that DVD
Garrett
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
258 Posts

Profile of Garrett
Tm613,

That's exactly what I needed. Thanks for the help!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2011-07-22 17:00, Andi Peters wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-21 17:39, maxamillian1 wrote:

Max

Annoying. I ordered it. Guess I'll be waiting a while. Not the first time this has happened.

They should add an in/out of stock indicator.

I know how you feel, I've been waiting for 3 weeks for an out of stock item to come back in. In the meantime they have my money.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
228 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
The book received a very positive review by Jamy Ian Swiss in the latest issue Genii. This was well-deserved and I hope it helps your sales.

The material in the book and the way it's taught make this my favorite magic book in a long time.
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of nooner
Agreed. This book is very well written. The teaching is extremely thorough. I don't own any other written material from Al, but would definitely pick up something else if I came across it.
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
What is the skill level for this book?
I have read the table of content but still have no clue about the difficulty
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I like the fact that Al wrote the book himself. His personality shines through every page.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
Quote:
On 2011-08-18 00:34, Hugokhf wrote:
What is the skill level for this book?
I have read the table of content but still have no clue about the difficulty

The book is self contained so every move you would need to do an effect is taught in the book....There are no knuckle busters and . I would say that the effects range from basic to intermediate to advanced (some of the HPC related effects can be difficult to get timing on but are obtainable)...some you will get quickly others will require more practice...
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
Thanks for your reply,
I am sure I will be getting this soon, to introduce some variety into my act.
thanks
Garrett
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
258 Posts

Profile of Garrett
Just a heads-up that Al is starting to offer some more of his writings (as E-books) here:

http://www.omenquest.com/wmcsales/aaaa.htm

In addition, his Fast Track Coin Magic is now available on Amazon.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I just met Al Schneider at this year's Houdini Club Convention in Green Bay and because we were both dealers with displays across from each other, had the oppportunity to sit down and spend quite a bit of time talking with Al about performing magic for civilans.

Al is a thinking man's magician, is very approachable, LOVES to talk magic with magicians, and is, in my opinion, a GREAT guy.

I now have an autographed copy of AL Schneider Magic in my library, which will proudly sit next to the other classics of magic books autographed to me by Vernon, Slydini, Bobo, Stewart James, Et al...

If you are a serious student of magic.........buy the book!

It's a BARGAIN for what it contains........
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Al Schneider book by L&L (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL