The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Question about two-headed coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I've been looking for a two-headed penny. Pennies don't seem to be made as much as quarters, etc. I've found one source, though many of the links on the site are broken, so I am hesitant to send them money. My question, besides if anyone knows of a source, is if the dates found on two-headed coins are typically the same.

Thanks
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
I've seen them on Ebay, but don't know how good they are.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
696 Posts

Profile of egoli
Anyone have any recommendations for a good routine with a two headed coin? I have a couple but don't know anything interesting to do with them.

Ed
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Two headed coins of any type can be had from Roy Kueppers - http://www.roykueppers.com and also, there is a Bob Farmer routine that comes with each one.

@ egoli: Check dealers like Hank Lee, Tannen Magic, Dayton Magic, The Trickery and Norm Neilsen. They seem to carry, or at least know where to find odd booklets like that. I swear I remember seeing a little book of things to do with two-headed/tailed coins in the past, along the lines of the '25 Tricks with a Svengali Deck' or '100 Tricks with a Ball and Tube', etc.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Curtis Kam had some ideas on this old thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=202&12
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2011-05-20 23:13, Dr_J_Ayala wrote:
I swear I remember seeing a little book of things to do with two-headed/tailed coins in the past, along the lines of the '25 Tricks with a Svengali Deck' or '100 Tricks with a Ball and Tube', etc.

This might be what you were thinking of:
http://www.betterworldbooks.com/Coin-Mag......sion=Alt

Regards,

Alan
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Alan: Thanks for the links. There are some good suggestions on that old link.

As far as that little booklet goes, it is not the one I remember but it sounds like it would be a good start!

I think the book may have been in the Magic City series or another like it.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2011-05-20 22:37, egoli wrote:
Anyone have any recommendations for a good routine with a two headed coin? I have a couple but don't know anything interesting to do with them.

Ed
In the Spectacle book, there's a very good one by Ray Grismer. It's called the Janus Effect or something like that. Very well constructed.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
Just to correct myself, Grismer's routine is called the Janus Predictions.
– Karl Germain
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
696 Posts

Profile of egoli
Thanks to everyone for all the great suggestions. I have ordered the Klutz book and also dragged out my old Jay Sankey DVD "22 Blows To The Head" which has a routine called Symbolic on it. The Spectacle book seems quite expensive and from what I read the Janus Predictions uses 4 DH coins.

Ed
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
Spectacle has several outstanding routines. Keep an eye out, you may find a used copy at a good price. Yes, the Janus Prediction uses several two sided coins, but that's what makes the routine so strong.
– Karl Germain
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

I've been in and out of town, so I haven't been able to respond. Thanks for the leads. Anyone have an idea about the dates on the coins, whether they're typically the same on both sides?
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
My experience with them is that it depends on the maker/manufacturer. Of course, the dates can be subjective (the right word here?). It depends on the routine as to whether it matters to have it that way or not. Also, if you have a person like Roy Kueppers, Todd Lassen, VanDokkum or Schoolcraft making them for you, then you can get it made the way you want it.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4082 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf7HEk7qIic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28-zh-x0Eew&feature=related

The coin is made diffently than other coins of this type, made specifically for this DVD/trick
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Just an update:

I had Roy Kueppers make a couple for me, and they're fantastic. Excellent work, fast turn-around, and a great price. If you need custom coins, don't hesitate to check with him!

http://www.roykueppers.com
Michael J.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
Good to hear. I want to have him make some using foreign coins for something I'm doing.
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Question about two-headed coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL