The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Congratulations to David Penn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Great effort Karen and David.
Commiserations. Smile
You did the magic community proud!

Kyle
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Can't believe they voted for that scatty old woman, but I tell you one thing-David and Karen are going places internationally. Well done the pair of you.

John
Deano88
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincolnshire UK
377 Posts

Profile of Deano88
Great illusion tonight , don't understand the appeal of the crazy piano lady but hey that's just me!
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2011-05-31 17:58, Deano88 wrote:
Great illusion tonight , don't understand the appeal of the crazy piano lady but hey that's just me!

... it's not just you, check out Dec's face after Michael Macintyre voted for what must be Simon Cowell's mother (only way she could have got through)
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Sadly David & Karen did not make it through to the BGT final on Saturday night but I hope the pr and kudos value of being on the show made it all worthwhile for them.

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ANQv4WJfk

I just watched this clip about 5 times and for the life of me I can't understand how they are not in the final?

I know I am biased as a magician but somethings not right with that show...
Guess its because Cowell and his botox cronies cant make money out of real talent.

Sad but true.

John
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
That was just ridiculously good, the fact they didn't get through is no comment on their ability just the judges ineptitude at spotting real genuine talent when it's staring them right in the face.

Congratulations David and Karen you did all magicians proud.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Here here
Quote:
On 2011-06-01 06:52, Chris Piercy wrote:
That was just ridiculously good, the fact they didn't get through is no comment on their ability just the judges ineptitude at spotting real genuine talent when it's staring them right in the face.

Congratulations David and Karen you did all magicians proud.
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Bande
OK, so I watched it because I am a big fan of the Wizard's Product review. I generally dislike stage magic as it feels hokey and over the top to me -- the heart pounding music, the gee she is going to die etc. I find off-putting. As I am watching it, I worry that I will feel the same as always and not surprised they didn't move on as we have seen this stuff a lot. BUT the last move when he drops and is instantly in the box got me. Well done! Still not a big fan of stage magic, but a fan of yours -- would pay to see you which I suppose is the most important compliment of all. Smile
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
It seems that any magician who wants to win on that show is going to have to learn to sing and play a banjo or something while doing their illusions.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
A great performance no doubt by Karen and David!

Unfortunately all four judges came to the same decision. There will be many who disagree but that unfortunately won't change a thing!

With all 'subjective' competitions, there will always be a difference of opinion.

We all know by now that a singer (or perhaps a dancer) is going to win the show .... same old thing .... zzzzzzzz.......
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DON'T WAIT FOR INSPIRATION is my brand new e-book with 10 new routines.

APTITUDE is my first PLATINUM e-book with 10 new routines + 'SIGNS' bonus.

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP is available here.

DNA
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
I think they had a better change by performing some original illusion that would fit their personalities better.
They added nothing of their own with the illusions they performed:
The suspended animation has been seen many times and while they didn't make the mistake of producing the second girl from the illusion they basicly did the routine almost exactly like Hans Klock does.
The first two illusion that Michael Grasso did on AGT where a copy of Hans Klock work but at least he made up with his twist on the excalibur illusion.
The water sub trunk was ok but not nearly as spectacular like the one Anthony Reed did on america got talent.
I understand that Anthony Reed has bought the exclusive rights and that apart from him only Hans Klock has the obtained the rights to perform this illusion from all parties involved - Wakeling/Mark Wilson/Mark Kalin/ Anthony Reed
so I can only hope that David has made a deal with Anthony Reed as well?!
I hope to see some new illusions during the new season of AGT - fingers crossed
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2011-06-01 12:53, tristanmagic wrote:
I think they had a better change by performing some original illusion that would fit their personalities better.
They added nothing of their own with the illusions they performed:
The suspended animation has been seen many times and while they didn't make the mistake of producing the second girl from the illusion they basicly did the routine almost exactly like Hans Klock does.
The first two illusion that Michael Grasso did on AGT where a copy of Hans Klock work but at least he made up with his twist on the excalibur illusion.
The water sub trunk was ok but not nearly as spectacular like the one Anthony Reed did on america got talent.
I understand that Anthony Reed has bought the exclusive rights and that apart from him only Hans Klock has the obtained the rights to perform this illusion from all parties involved - Wakeling/Mark Wilson/Mark Kalin/ Anthony Reed
so I can only hope that David has made a deal with Anthony Reed as well?!
I hope to see some new illusions during the new season of AGT - fingers crossed

I went back and watched Anthony Reed's version. While he added more constraints, in my opinion his wasn't more spectacular than Penn's performance. I think Reed benefitted from the heavy editing for time. They condensed his performance into about 30 seconds.

Either way, I thought David and Karen did an excellent job and I'm sorry to hear they didn't move on.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
It's so typical of the UK: Here we praise rubbish and knock back anyone with talent.

The old bat on her organ played out of time with the backing track and yet still got put through.

This is the sort of backward nonsense that we have to put up with here.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On 2011-06-01 11:43, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
It seems that any magician who wants to win on that show is going to have to learn to sing and play a banjo or something while doing their illusions.

I have a Ukulele and a Thumb Tip for sale Smile

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
Shame.. great performance
Deano88
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincolnshire UK
377 Posts

Profile of Deano88
I do have to admit tho I do prefer David Penns close up to his stage illusions as seen on BGT, his personality comes out more in his close up stuff, got nothing on David Copperfield or Lance Burton
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
695 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
NOT POSSIBLE
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Smile
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Sorry you did not make it David,

Have to agree with Chris that the judges ineptitude at spotting real genuine talent when it's staring them right in the face.

Not worth watching anymore
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Congratulations to David Penn (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL