The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Modern art variation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
Hello all,

I remember I saw somewhere the Modern art art illusion with a built on top Head twister.

Can you point me to some resources of this idea?

Also what do you think about it?

I was thinking about some ways of increasing the presentation time of this illusion but I am not sure if the head twister goes well together with a slicing effect.

Thanks in advance for your advices.
"Art is the Artist. The Artist is God."- Goete
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Personally, I think this is a bit too much. Modern Art is the type of illusion that can be extended without being boring, if you have the correct presentation.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Hello soleil,

I agree with with ClintonMagus. The add of the Head Twister to the Modern Art Illusion isn't a good idea. Don't forget, that the goal of the a Twister Illusion is to show the neck or the upper body part twisted in the box, also this would not be the case if you just put a Head Twister on top of the Modern Art.

In my honest opinion, only a few illusionsts enhanced the Modern Art illusion by adding an excellent presentation and / or by modifying the illusion in a certain way to make it more entertaining and / or different. Those exemples are :

- Taylor Reed's double Modern Art
- Dan Sperry tipping Modern Art
- Alberto Giorgi unique Modern Art presentation and very beautiful design.

Search for their videos so you can see what they did.

Oliver.
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
Thank you Clinton and Oliver for your comments.

I know already the routines in these links. My questions were because I wa looking for a way to extend the playing time of this illusion. My initial thoughts were sceptic about the addition of the head twister beacause of the different natures of the two effects.

You confirm this and thank you.

If there are others who wish to chime in and add their thoughts about routines to increase the playing time of this illusion, you are most welcome.

Best,
"Art is the Artist. The Artist is God."- Goete
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Most of the Modern Art presentations I see these days are uncomfortably short. Gone is the knife, therefore, gone is the pulling of the box across the knife, which is the main plot of the presentation. Too often these days, this is done as a one-person illusion, eliminating the interaction and "tension" between the two performers. All of these items can lead to a longer and more interesting presentation.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
The addition of music, dance, by-play between you and the "victim" etc, all can add considerable length to the effect. Just make sure that what you are doing makes sense with the story line, and isn't just added "stuff".
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Modern art variation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL