The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Beaten S.F. Giant Fan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4108 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I was reading an article on espn.com about the San Francisco Giants fan who got severely beaten at Dodger Stadium.

This paragraph caught my interest:

"Stow's family filed a civil suit against the Dodgers in Los Angeles Superior Court Tuesday, seeking unspecified damages to cover Stow's future medical care and as compensation for the economic damages to Stow and his children."

How is this the fault of the L.A. Dodgers organization???
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
The plaintiff's complete case will be quite extensive and detailed (he has an excellent attorney), but a couple of the central allegations will be that 1) there is a known gang presence at Dodger home games, and this has escalated in recent years, and 2) notwithstanding that, the Dodgers have recently cut back on their security staff by more than 50%.

Or, in more general legal terms, the Dodgers have failed to take the steps reasonably necessary to protect their invitees.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4108 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Ahhh...
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
McCourt was cutting corners to save money, and in my opinion, risking his fans' well-being.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4108 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Mmmm... That doesn't bode well for the Dodgers' cash reserves.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Always a bad move to cut security. Unfortunately, it is sometimes the first to get cut. I advised an apartment complex in Atlanta that those fake cameras they have at various places is a lawsuit waiting to happen. They, the property owners, just shrugged it off and said it would be cheaper to settle out of court than to contract a full time security firm... I hope I get called to testify one day.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2011-05-25 21:17, Chessmann wrote:
Mmmm... That doesn't bode well for the Dodgers' cash reserves.

What cash reserves? They'll be lucky to make payroll this month.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Changes in Dodgers' security preceded attack on Giants fan

"Uniformed LAPD officers began patrolling the stadium after a 2005 incident, but the team decided to switch to plainclothes personnel in 2009."
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10768 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Also the sale of beer was half price on operning nite and waS then discontinued after what happened...
I will never take my family to a Dodger game unless I was carring a conceld weapon.
vuinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
The dodgers were/was taken over by MLB. I would never take a child to a dodgers game or raider game.

Barry Bonds is paying for the children to go to college.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:

"Uniformed LAPD officers began patrolling the stadium after a 2005 incident, but the team decided to switch to plainclothes personnel in 2009."

Always a really bad move, uniforms and a marked car are proven deterrents.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Beaten S.F. Giant Fan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL