We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anti Gun...check this out.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I'm amused by the label "anti-gun advocate". A quick search seems to indicate that he has been in favor of gun control. I can find no evidence that he is "anti-gun".

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Quote:
The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn’t hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

Typical of the behavior we see in many of the high and mighty, as we've touched on in other discussions here. To folks like this, the law is for the little people.

W.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-05-26 17:28, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
I'm amused by the label "anti-gun advocate". A quick search seems to indicate that he has been in favor of gun control. I can find no evidence that he is "anti-gun".

John

This is what I suspected. So he just thinks certain people shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves like he did.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
A check of Snopes reveals that the article is a mixture of true and false information.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/soles.asp

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:

John

Often we find that "anti gun" and "gun control" end up as being one in the same in America. If you have found he is in favor of "gun control" you have found evidence he is indeed "anti-gun". I know you enjoy parsing words and splitting hairs, but the fact is that when it comes to the 4th ammendment many bristle at the slightest move against it, but are just happy as a clam to let them shread the 2nd.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
So, wait.

The story is actually from 2009.

The Senator is already retired from the Senate.

The Senator already had his day in court and plead guilty back in 2010:

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/7114530/

He was fined $1000.

The NRA gave the Senator an “A” in 2004, 2006, and 2008.

So how and why is the article in the original post news now, in May of 2011?

Weird ...

[I just saw the Snopes link posted above ... thanks for that.]
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I can't imagine why it is news now, I was commenting on "anti-gun" "gun control".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-05-26 18:41, Dannydoyle wrote:

I can't imagine why it is news now, I was commenting on "anti-gun" "gun control".

I wasn't replying to your post in particular, but it's all good.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Gun control is hitting your target.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-05-26 18:28, gdw wrote:
Quote:

John

This is what I suspected. So he just thinks certain people shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves like he did.

This is what I feared. People would draw conclusions without even bothering to look for facts.

Find a statement by Soles indicating his policy. Please. Maybe post it here.

John
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-05-26 18:41, Dannydoyle wrote:

It isn't news. It's a old story wrapped in falsehoods being used to a) push a gun agenda and b) attack "liberals".

It's a loathsome strategy and it works. Look at all the fish that have swallowed the bait, hook and all.

John
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-05-26 18:59, Steve_Mollett wrote:
Gun control is hitting your target.

I thought it was using both hands.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Yep, he had a D in front of his name when he was a senator, therefore he was anti-gun.

For the record, though a lot of people here consider me to be a radical liberal, I do believe in the right to bear arms. (Provided you're not a criminal or insane.)
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-05-26 21:33, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Yep, he had a D in front of his name when he was a senator, therefore he was anti-gun.

For the record, though a lot of people here consider me to be a radical liberal, I do believe in the right to bear arms. (Provided you're not a criminal or insane.)

Do you mean a convicted criminal, after "serving" their "time?" So, they aren't allowed to defend themselves and their homes, even after being "rehabilitated" by the "justice" system? Just to clarify.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Yes, even having served their time there are still things that are and should be denied.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-05-26 22:54, ed rhodes wrote:
Yes, even having served their time there are still things that are and should be denied.

So, when an armed invader breaks into their house, it's essentially "**** you" to the home owner?

Gotta love how "loosely" some play with the idea of something NOT being infringed.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:

BUT do you believe in registration of firearms? Do yo believe in "gun control"? And I bet the answer to these simple questions show you for the radical liberal you really are LOL
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On 2011-05-26 23:05, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:

BUT do you believe in registration of firearms? Do yo believe in "gun control"? And I bet the answer to these simple questions show you for the radical liberal you really are LOL

Danny, do you think anyone who can afford it should be allowed to own a howitzer?

EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On 2011-05-26 22:58, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-26 22:54, ed rhodes wrote:

So, when an armed invader breaks into their house, it's essentially "**** you" to the home owner?

Gotta love how "loosely" some play with the idea of something NOT being infringed.
Maybe if the American justice system focused more on rehabilitation instead of retribution, you'd have a point.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anti Gun...check this out.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL