The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Anthony Jacquin talks about his new AI Hypnosis model (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
HypnoDan
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of HypnoDan
I'm very critical of Anthony Jacquin and his products and statements. Do I get free products as a result? Smile

Just kidding--I've ordered Ripped Apart already and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Oh, and great podcast Antonio--thank you!
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
I wasn't critical, just curious.
Reg Smile

Quote:
On 2011-06-03 15:53, HypnoDan wrote:
I'm very critical of Anthony Jacquin and his products and statements. Do I get free products as a result? Smile

Just kidding--I've ordered Ripped Apart already and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Oh, and great podcast Antonio--thank you!
HypnoDan
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of HypnoDan
Oh I know, Reg. Just tryin' to keep the conversation lively! Smile
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2011-06-03 12:08, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
Our preliminary study at KCL suggests that 90% of people are Anthony or they have been playing with your testicle enhancer and have very sticky hands.
Anthony

Hey Jacquin, this has been a clean thread up until now!
Good to hear the percentages. But is it the 90% or the 10% that are in hypnosis? Tell me my arguments are helping.

Seriously you do understand don't you, that should you ever win MP round to your side of the fence (yeah I do know you're not trying to) your work will be truly decimated?
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I just purchased Ripped Apart today, so exspect a detailed review of it ASAP from me!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2011-06-03 12:20, Mindpro wrote:
I for one appreciate Anthony's explanation and would like to see MP take him up on this offer to review and give us his feedback based on it's content. That's a nice offer to share his thinking and findings and to offer your opinion.

While we're at it I also think Bobser should send you his 'Bobser testacle enhancer' also for an unbiased review.

If Ant wants to send me a copy I will give an unbiased view.

I ve heard all sorts of theories about "hypnosis". But I have NEVER seen what is usually thought of as hypnosis without an induction.

You are correct Ant I don't understand most of what you are saying. Or believe you are saying.

Yes the model I find most useful does in include trance does include induction and does includ a Mind.

However where I understand enough of what you are saying I don't agree. You say you don't have to align to any model to be a great hypnotist? I disagree it really depends upon what you are trying to achieve.

If a suggestion were just a suggestion then we would all be in chaos. Suggestion are structured in all sorts of ways within marketing advertising poliics etc etc..

Structured suggestions verbal or whatver are inductions. They lead you from one place to another.

I also don't think you really understand what I am saying or what I mean by trance or what state hypnosis really is. Research has shown without doubt through PET scans that hypnosis is a state where volunteers respond differently to those that haven't been hypnotised. You cannot be alive without being in some kind of state.

Look up the words induction and state in the dictionary.

Putting all of that aside what really matters is what your doing with it. The rest is just Bs.

Let me see what you are doing with it.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Yes send me a free copy of it and I'll review it as well! Smile
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
snm
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of snm
I'm looking forward to some reviews of this. I've been thinking of purchasing but wanted to wait for some reviews. If it allows more people to be hypnotised than other models thus far, I'm sold.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, I would look forward to MP's review as well as some reviews that are not Anthony's students or devout followers. I am always open to new methodologies, advancements and findings if they are in fact authentic and new. I'd also be interested in seeing his use and applications of these in performance such as in a stage situation if this is possible.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Will this be similar to James Tripp's Hypnosis Without Trance model?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
I believe I offered to send a copy to Reg to review and was misquoted as wishing to send a copy to MindPunisher. Strange as it seems, that is unlikely to happen. He does nto engage in critical thinking and cannot understand the sinple definition of cognitive behavioural theory, believing it to be esoteric. This is not the product for him.

Lou, no this is not similar in concept or delivery to HWT. Yes neither model involves trance, that is something they have in common but many of the social and cognitive models do not require that. There is plenty that James Tripp and I agree on. Our addition to this area is small but significant and is not featured anywhere else in the literature that we have found.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
bevenz7
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of bevenz7
Managed to get my hands on it, its really thought provoking , the best part is tht it did deliver on wht it promised. got all the phenomenona including negative hallucination ,smiply amazing ..
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Is that why Ant is the one making a name for himself in the world doing hypnosis and youre ranting on a free internet forum site...sorry Mindpunisher I wouldn't have interjected into this topic, but seriously man you never stop and you are always such a know it all...I think you have A LOT of great things to say and share because obviously you are experienced, but honestly no one will take you seriously when you take the approach you take share it. So honestly my friend, please pull your modified thumper out of your bum and chill for a while.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

No it means what I said, you struggle with critical thinking, you decide things are BS before listening and you do not understand simple definitions. I will read and listen to any critique with interest but I do not plan to donate my products to those without the ability to provide a critique.

This week a experienced psychiatrist who I do not know in New York messaged this about AI.

"Woo-hoo!! Was talking with the chief psychologist today about hypnosis theories and I said there are these Head Hacking people who are really doing some creative synthesis ... No touch, eyes open, super fast had HIS HAND STUCK TO THE TABLE WITH THE OTHER ONE PULLING IN PUBLIC. I almost can't believe it actually happened! I actually stuttered a little bit because I was taken aback. I am frankly high now - hypnosis high. He offered me an exam slot for the ABPH as in the seat Erickson vacated on the basis of that alone. All praise HH - something significant is going on. Therapy with tests and free of paradigm is an impressive thing gentlemen. Thank you!!O Yes. Detail - he says Hilgard blah blah. And I say Spanos, Hilgard throw them all together under one umbrella - Automatic Imagination. Let me show you. Put your hand on the table, look at your wedding ring. Do you think you can pull your hand off the table? Put some effort into it! (I like that line btw Smile ) Are you in trance? How does this experience affect your opinion about dissociation versus role playing versus Automatic Imagination (yes I used that phrase lol - I know it's not rolled out yet, but I see maybe where you're going) Close your eyes, deep breath, one two wide awake of course you can move your arm easily. He handed me a list of diplomate exam questions and an application right then. Seriously thank you guys. I did not believe stuff like this was really possible outside of my dreams".

Here is another from a member here regarding how it has impacted their work and self hypnosis.

"Hello all. I ordered Ripped Apart after listening to a podcast in which Anthony Jacquin talked about it. He mentioned in the podcast that he was one of those hypnotists who had had trouble hallucinating hypnotically, and this resonated with me as I am one of those as well. Ant noted that with the AI techniques he was able to hallucinate automatically and this really got my curiosity up.

The CD arrived and I listened to it (I would agree with Kev that moderate knowledge of hypnosis is very helpful in grasping the concepts). I'm not ready to write a comprehensive review as I want to do some experimentation with the techniques on others, but my initial experiments were focused on improving my own hypnotic response.

I'm happy to report that it has. I was able to hallucinate while sitting and watching an escalator in a bookstore, and was surprised by some automatic occurrences which satisfied me that the hallucinations were hypnotic in nature.

A side benefit of this has been that my own self-hypnosis has been more vivid and effective since learning the techniques and ideas in Ripped Apart.

As noted I plan to test these techniques with some subjects and see what I can accomplish and then a more comprehensive review will follow. But I can't contain my excitement about the personal implications of this product!

Oddly enough, two women, when asked what hypnotic phenomenon they would like, wanted me to help them get over their dislike for tomatoes. One woman ate her first two slices of tomato ever, and the other, who was disgusted by the texture of tomatoes, ate a few bites and admitted she could easily handle tomato on a hamburger "right now."

All this was done using techniques straight from Ripped Apart. I was very impressed and so were they!

Thanks to Anthony and Kev for releasing this".

I appreciate according to you MP if it isn't a trance model it is BS. You often point out that if anyone who is doing well puts out a show or product they are just milking it for cash. These thoughts taint your view of the world. Fortunately it is not my world. I know you struggle to get work MP and are not sure which direction to take in life. It is OK. If it makes you feel better that I am your job I can shoulder that.

My experience with our model even after 16 years doing hypnosis is that it is a small but significant advance on existing Cognitive Behavioural Models.

It has profound implications for mentalists who use suggestion in their work. This is what Docc Hilford had to say. "Head Hacking is absolutely the cutting edge in hypnosis research and development. When Anthony is finished, "Hypnosis" will be an obsolete term! He and his crew have broken the models and discovered pure essence!"

Obviously a psychiatrist, working stage hypnotist and world class mentalist could know less than you. But at least they have listened, applied our ideas and engaged some critical thinking. Buy it, listen, tell me it is BS and why and I will of course listen. However jumping to your keyboard whenever I post and shout BS without listening and I will just feel compassion for an angry man on a fruitless mission.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2011-06-19 13:35, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
I will just feel compassion for an angry man on a fruitless mission.

I will happily buy MP some plums...
I've asked to be banned
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Hmmm as I havent heard the ripped appart cd I cannot possibly comment on its content... MP appears to have some incredible skill in being able to critique something he hasnt even heard yet.

And, while the testiamonials have been supplied by Ant it is inteesing that MP is happy to ignore the comments of some highly qualified individuals.

It may all be B's but I would prefer to take review advice from someone who has actually listened and applied the ideas rather than from a self appointed Lord of the Café Smile
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Z, like you, I have not heard Ant's CD. However, I have observed and studied the development of hypnosis and hypnotic theory over the past 100+ years. Through that time I've only seen a few major changes in theory, moving from Mesmerism (which is actually closer to Reiki or laying on of hands than pure suggestive therapeutics) to classical hypnosis moving to Ericksonian hypnosis. IMO, there have been very few changes in approach and theory, the last one of any consequence being that of Erickson. If Anthony has come up with something new, it would truly be revolutionary and groundbreaking.

Again, I haven't heard his CD, but I have heard a lot of other "revolutionary" or "original" approaches to hypnosis. Every one of them--not some of them...all of them--have been nothing more than reinterpretations or new names for something that was previously quite well known.

So I must say that I remain dubious but open-minded. If there really is something new, I would be first in line to applaud what Anthony has discovered. Before his death, the American Psychological Association, in its largest meeting to date, honored Erickson for changing the nature of our understanding of hypnosis and how to deal with minds seeking or needing change. I would love to see Anthony so honored, for if his ideas produce a new understanding of hypnosis he would deserve it.

Time will tell.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
"I have observed and studied the development of hypnosis and hypnotic theory over the past 100+ years."

Wow! How old are you? Smile
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On 2011-06-21 11:24, dmkraig wrote:
If there really is something new, I would be first in line to applaud what Anthony has discovered. Before his death, the American Psychological Association, in its largest meeting to date, honored Erickson for changing the nature of our understanding of hypnosis and how to deal with minds seeking or needing change. I would love to see Anthony so honored, for if his ideas produce a new understanding of hypnosis he would deserve it.

Time will tell.

I agree, but if this is some new breakthrough discovery, why is he wasting his time and efforts teaching it to magicians and johnny-come-lately-bandwagon-jumper-kids (Shrubs will like that one), rather than presenting it to the credible industry, gaining the proper recognition, acknowledgment and respect it would warrant?
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

MindPro as already stated we are spending our time doing research at one of the top medical universities in London.

DMKraig, I do not recall calling this 'revolutionary'. I suggested we are building upon the Cognitive Behavioural model of hypnotism. The small piece we have added is not in the literature and is proving significant in both our performance and therapy work.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Anthony Jacquin talks about his new AI Hypnosis model (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL