The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I can’t believe I haven’t introduced myself! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Hello everyone! I can't believe I forgot to introduce myself to the Cafe! I'm hanging my head in shame!

Well, for those of you who don't already know who I am, in the magic circle where I live, I'm known as "that crazy magic lady." A title I wear with honor! Besides, what sane person would own her own straitjacket? Oh, wait, that's another board...sorry! Smile

Seriously, in magic, I am involved in parlor and stage stuff. I am actively promoting an American Flag show I have. It has taken me three and a half years of working on this show to get it the way I want it.

I dabble in close up a little, but do no coin work and know two card tricks. In addition to magic, I am also an escape artist. I'm still fairly new into escapes, about three/four years into it. I do own a straitjacket, mailbag, about a dozen pair of handcuffs, six pair of thumbcuffs, leg-irons, and something called the Death Device (you just gotta see that). I also do rope and chain escapes.

I try as best I can to keep the magic and escapes separate because I have two different performance personas...one for the escapes, and one for the magic.

So, now, does anyone have any doubt now as to why I'm called "that crazy magic lady?" Smile
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Welcome crazy magic lady! Smile

Great to have you with us Smile

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Always good to see you post Margarette, Welcome to the Cafe! Smile

There will always be those that wish to rain on your parade, so never leave home without an umbrella...
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Margarette!

A Very nice post! You sound like a very nice person and I am looking forward to your opinions/thoughts on this board.

Sincerely,

Steve Landavazo Smile
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Here is an official welcome Smile though you've been here and quite involved for a while Smile

Great to have you, your expertise, red leather shorts, and your CFM's here Smile

I still don't believe the crazy part. When are you going to come to California and prove it Smile

See you on the boards,

Tom
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile

Ditto on the "official" welcome,

it’s great having you here. Smile

:snowman: Smile Smile Smile Smile

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Mya Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Hi Margarette,

Let me ask you something: a few years ago I ran into a woman at Tannens in New York trying on Straight Jackets. Was that you. I know she said she was from out of town.

bill
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
A belated welcome aboard, Margarette.

So, you say, you only know two card tricks.

I wish other magicians could say that! Smile

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com
daleshrimpton
View Profile
Regular user
the u.k
135 Posts

Profile of daleshrimpton
Hey Peter, most magicians only know two card tricks. sadly they try to do hundreds.

........and fail miserably Smile

if life is a caberet old son, I could of done with a bit more rehersal time.
Bengi
View Profile
Veteran user
Georgia
309 Posts

Profile of Bengi
Hi Crazy Magic Lady!!!!!!!

Gez! What took you so long?! I feel like I already KNOW you!!

Welcome!!

Bengi Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I can’t believe I haven’t introduced myself! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL