The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Dynamic Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ju1ian
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, UK
2 Posts

Profile of Ju1ian
I have recently purchased a new dynamic coin set which uses English 10p coins (made by Jarroy of London). Both stacks fit very tightly in each cap and I have to bang the cap more than once to make the stack "appear". Does anyone know how to get around this problem? I fear that I will never be able to use this set for a performance! Any advice would be appreciated.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Never lock it in place until the end of the routine. Just place the cap on top and you should be just find. Using a close up pad will help with that too.
Just place the cap on the coins do not set the coins in place.
I hope that helped.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
That will happen if no coin is on top of the stack, which I'm sure is not the case here. Is the 10 pence coin light weight?
Kelvin
Ju1ian
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, UK
2 Posts

Profile of Ju1ian
Thank you Tim and Kelvin for both of your comments. With a loose stack I will need to ensure that it doesn't rattle inside the cap but this could work. Alternatively, I think it will take a little practise to apply just enough pressure to keep the stack in place until it needs to "appear". I could try a lubricant inside the caps perhaps. A close-up pad is a good solution to avoid the stack making a sound as it drops from inside the cap. In response to Kelvin, the 10p coin has a reasonable weight but it's only a small coin. Thanks guys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Dynamic Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL