The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wikileaks 2010 Accomplishments (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5019 Posts

Profile of landmark
A comment in another thread led me to post this (and how come no one is checking the Bob and Ray thread?. It's gold, I'm tellin' ya, gold).

Anyway, a brief sampler of why Wikileaks is important.

*The killings of two Reuters journalists and 12 civilians in Baghdad in 2007
*A deliberate policy during the Bush administration of ignoring atrocities and serious human rights violations committed by Iraqi police.
*Thousands of Iraqi civilian deaths that the Pentagon knew about but did not include in its listed figures.
*Hillary Clinton’s 2009 authorization of spying activities on United Nations officials.
*Joint efforts by Obama administration and Republican leaders to quash independent investigation of torture and other abuses committed by the C.I.A. and authorized by top Bush administration official
*Yemen’s president assuring U.S. diplomatic officials that Yemen would continue telling its citizens that U.S. air strikes were being carried out by Yemen.
*The United States’ “open and shut” analysis concluding that the Honduran coup that overthrew Pres. Manuel Zelaya was illegal and violated Honduras’s own constitution.
* Pope refuses to cooperate in sex abuse scandal

Much more nicely detailed in Glenn Greenwald's article:
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_......ikileaks
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
I'm kinds curious what ever happened to the big leak that could take down a major american bank.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
You mean Bank of America? Can you say "Bail-outs"
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wikileaks 2010 Accomplishments (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL