The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » No dancing allowed! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
282 Posts

Profile of k
Democracy is keep talkin, Dictature is shut yer mouth...
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20533 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I never found the Wolfman that scary.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5826 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Dance party... Illegal protest... Just a matter of opinion in your eyes, I can see.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Do take a look at the first paragraph of Ms. Benjamin's article that I posted above, if you haven't yet.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-06-03 22:30, Tom Cutts wrote:
Dance party... Illegal protest... Just a matter of opinion in your eyes, I can see.

The fact that there is such a thing as an "illegal" (peaceful) protest in any country is ridiculous.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Wow, really? What about a peaceful protest that blocks traffic for 8 hours?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-06-03 23:24, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Wouldn't be a problem if roads were private Smile
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-06-03 23:34, gdw wrote:
Quote:

Then it would be an illegal protest, wouldn't it? Trespassing, or some such? And any illegal peaceful protest is ridiculous?

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-06-04 00:03, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Then it would be an illegal protest, wouldn't it? Trespassing, or some such? And any illegal peaceful protest is ridiculous?

Then it wouldn't be the protesting that was illegal, but the trespassing. As I've mentioned before, so much of these issues are the creation of "public" property.

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4066 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2011-06-04 00:14, gdw wrote:
Then it wouldn't be the protesting that was illegal, but the trespassing. As I've mentioned before, so much of these issues are the creation of "public" property.

Oh, my...
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-04 00:03, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yet in the absence of public property, there would be no right to protest (at least for those who don't own property).

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20533 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:

Great solution. Lets have private roads. Then much like in the time when great cattle barons roamed the Western US and had rights to certain streams or rivers or what not, they could just cut that stream off, and thus make it impossible for another man to get water. Hmmm sounds like each parcel of road would hav a toll on it huh? Some plowed, some paved, some dirt and some gravel. Would make it EASY to be able to have trade between companies and states.

Do you even think of what you say? ALL the roads should be private?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Waitwaitwait... In Glenntopia, all roads are private, and if you use a road you don't own then you are trespassing? So, basically, you aren't going anywhere without permission from the rich man with the private army who owns the road? And an Anti-Authoritarian Anarchist came up with this plan?
I just can't wait to get a spot in this village.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-06-04 09:50, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Great solution. Lets have private roads. Then much like in the time when great cattle barons roamed the Western US and had rights to certain streams or rivers or what not, they could just cut that stream off, and thus make it impossible for another man to get water. Hmmm sounds like each parcel of road would hav a toll on it huh? Some plowed, some paved, some dirt and some gravel. Would make it EASY to be able to have trade between companies and states.

Do you even think of what you say? ALL the roads should be private?

Beat me to it.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20533 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea the irony just can't stop when he posts. Like I said he has never really thought it all the way through. He thinks THAT is a better solution than what is there now. That is why I say it is like talking to a child.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Glad there are many here against the plans by some to privatize the nation's highways. Unfortunately the sharks have been circling for a while.
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:

You really haven't thought his through have you? If you have, and you still think it is a good idea, then you really are not as smart as you seem to think.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20533 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-06-04 13:22, landmark wrote:
Glad there are many here against the plans by some to privatize the nation's highways. Unfortunately the sharks have been circling for a while.

There are groups that want to privatise everything! So what? Roads are one of the 18 enumerated powers in that document you so hate.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/danc......ory.html

For all those who attempted to defend the force used by the police the last time, and considered it justified:
"Out on the steps of the memorial, organizers of the event said the fact that police moved so carefully and deliberately to clear demonstrators was a sign that authorities understood force was unnecessary."

I applaud them for actually handling it appropriately.

For the record, now that we've seen a more reasonable response, I actually do understand the need for restrictions to be imposed in places like this.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-06-04 18:31, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-04 13:22, landmark wrote:

There are groups that want to privatise everything! So what? Roads are one of the 18 enumerated powers in that document you so hate.

Baseless Danny.
But again I welcome your support in the fight against privatizing highways. In my neighboring New Jersey, it's being seriously considered by the powers that be.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » No dancing allowed! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL