The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » No dancing allowed! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Then it's a win-win.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-05-30 09:09, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-30 00:32, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-30 00:24, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-29 23:10, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-29 22:42, gdw wrote:
You mean be peacefull, then get threatened with arrest, and harassed, question why, dance, then get arrested.
While Danny can clearly speak for himself, I gotta say, break the law get arrested. I know is hard for gdw to comprehend but dancing has nothing to do with why they were arrested.

Nope you said it fine.

THEY DISOBEYED A LAWFUL ORDER. Nuff said. They clearly did it asking for what they got. They got it so guys like GDW can cry.

All you have to do is willfully resist, delay, or obstruct any public officer, peace officer, or an emergency medical technician, in the discharge or attempt to discharge any duty of their office or employment and you're off to jail.

If a cop needs to clear a sidewalk, stop traffic, evacuate an building, tell someone to halt, lay down, or to put down an object (just to name a few) in order to do the job and they refuse to comply, then there is a violation in some states. If the job was to make sure they did not demonstrate by dancing, well, you figure it out.

Never said it wasn't a "lawful order."
I'm just asking should it be, and is it anywhere near reasonable.
By the way, gotta love the "the law is the law is the law" message of your post.

/
Do you believe you have to agree with why you are detained? Do you think there is a difference in detained and arrested? You have reached the limits of your intelligence on this one pretty quick.

No, yes, and based on what?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20533 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Based on almost every post you make.

Can we all just agree you hate authority, are not happy cops have a monopoly on it, and that you will just keep finding stories ad nausium? Can we stipulate this and you can stop your incessant complaining?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-05-30 15:38, Dannydoyle wrote:
Based on almost every post you make.

Can we all just agree you hate authority, are not happy cops have a monopoly on it, and that you will just keep finding stories ad nausium? Can we stipulate this and you can stop your incessant complaining?

No, because I do not hate authority. It just seems to be a label you like to put on me. Trying to place me in some little box so you can explain away and dismiss my position.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20533 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well I certainly didn't expect YOU to agree, I just thought WE would stipulate LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-05-30 17:13, gdw wrote:

No, because I do not hate authority. It just seems to be a label you like to put on me. Trying to place me in some little box so you can explain away and dismiss my position.

Out of curiousity, what are some specific examples of authority you appreciate / like / love / support?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20533 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
A fantastic follow up which I didn't even think of. Thank you sir.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-05-30 17:53, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-30 17:13, gdw wrote:

Out of curiousity, what are some specific examples of authority you appreciate / like / love / support?

I'd like to add respect, which I find to be more pertinent, if that's ok.

Authority over one's self, and one's property. Your house, your rules.

Stemming from that, authority one agrees to submit to, ie, ones boss. You agree to submit to their authority in the office, or wherever you work, when you agree to work there, on account of it being their company.

Earned authority, that is, for example one being an authority on a matter/subject. This, of course, is different than the previous examples, in that there is no obligation to "submit" to it. That is, you obviously remain free to disagree.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20533 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So my statement was too broad in that you have authority over yourself, and those you choose to be subserviant to such as a boss. So pretty much my first statement stands thank you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
How does that support your statement that I hate authority?
I "hate" "authority" claimed over others against their will. What did they call that again? I think it started with an "s."

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20533 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
A republic. Starts with an r not an s.

You do know you are free to leave, and have your own utopian state run as you wish right? Just leave. Get out! Not that tough. If your ideas are SO perfect, shouldn't be long before we have the answer and a modle to follow.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
He's not actually *in*, eh?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
If you have to ask permission, you aren't "free."

Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
With all due respect, that is the stupidest thing you have said.

And, also, you do hate authority.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-05-30 23:19, Dreadnought wrote:

And, also, you do hate authority.

Is it not true? Or are you really suggesting that being free to do something means having to ask permission, and can get denied?

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20533 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-05-30 23:19, Dreadnought wrote:

Now THAT is a competitive title!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
"At the city gate and by your fireside I have seen you prostrate yourself and worship your own freedom,
Even as slaves humble themselves before a tyrant and praise him though he slays them.
Ay, in the grove of the temple and in the shadow of the citadel I have seen the freest among you wear their freedom as a yoke and a handcuff.
And my heart bled within me; for you can only be free when even the desire of seeking freedom becomes a harness to you, and when you cease to speak of freedom as a goal and a fulfilment."

Kahlil Gibran
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than hose who falsely believe they are free."
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20533 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Again you speak in platituces. Give us concrete examples of your utopian vision. How will GDWville be perfect?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Is GDWville one of those FaceBook games?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » No dancing allowed! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL