The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Impromptu flurry ?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3199 Posts

Profile of warren
I've read many times that when put on the spot members will borrow a coin and perform a simple coin flurry,as such how do you like to finish the routine ie if you have no jumbo coin etc what do you consider to be a strong finish ?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3199 Posts

Profile of warren
Wow considering the huge number of people on here that say that they perform a coin flurry when put on the spot I thought I'd have had at least one reply Smile.
One thing I've done in the past to end the routine is to put the coin in my hand then ask the spectator if they could remember what coin I used for the routine,then show that the coin has changed in to a sweet (piece of candy for my american friends).
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2011-06-01 13:08, warren wrote:
Wow considering the huge number of people on here that say that they perform a coin flurry when put on the spot I thought I'd have had at least one reply Smile.
One thing I've done in the past to end the routine is to put the coin in my hand then ask the spectator if they could remember what coin I used for the routine,then show that the coin has changed in to a sweet (piece of candy for my american friends).
What's wrong with that, sounds cool! However, to answer your question, I never leave the house without being prepared to be challenged. Even a deck of cards will work, although I'm equally ready for a "Coin Flurry." I like changing a Half Dollar into an Eisenhower Dollar. Since you're from England then what you would refer to as a "Bum Pack" ("Fanny Pack" to the US folks out there.)is always on my waist with a few tricks ready to go. I also have a Strolling Pouch that I bought from Frank at "The Ambitious Card," as well as one of the "Pro Carrier's put out by Joshua Jay.

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
I carry a silver and copper coin with me all the time now, and I can do a one-coin flurry, then change it to copper (like a new U.S. dollar). Also check out Radek Makar's Therm-O-Chromic: he has a finish with a coin to wallet that would serve your purpose, and it doesn't cost much to check out. It will also give you a good two-coin routine you can carry with you at all times. http://www.lybrary.com/thermochromic-p-107315.html I find it easy to go from two coins to one coin, finish with a flurry and then do the wallet bit. It's all stuff that's easy to carry with you.

That said, I like your coin to candy as a give-away. Nothing wrong with that. I may adopt it myself. And also, there's nothing wrong with doing a complete vanish: the coin is gone and you're done.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3199 Posts

Profile of warren
Rsylvester thanks for the link I have seen the wallet thing before on a dvd called in the beginning there were coins,my regular coin flurry routine finishes with a copper /silver transpo which works very well for me however it does require me to have 3 coins for the routine where as I'm now just looking for a finish using just one coin.
As another idea I could tell them I'd love to show them how this is all done but I don't have any money/coins and make the coin vanish.
Rectify
View Profile
New user
Florida
56 Posts

Profile of Rectify
If you have a TKO you could change the coin into a different one, or into a business card. It's a very nice clean finish
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Impromptu flurry ?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL