The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultra Gum--Richard Sanders (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..16~17~18 [Next]
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
This sounds interesting

http://www.sandersfx.com/
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very nice but probably expensive effect if you need a new strip of gum every time.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I will wait for reviews on this, though Richard normally delivers top magic.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
I agree- will wait for the reviews on this. Though, as everyone knows- Richard does put out great quality effects. I will tell you the truth- I was hoping Richard was going to put out something actually that is a new concept. This trick looks very nice, but it's been done so many times- rip corner off Bill- it disappears then Bam- its found in (pick one of the MANY things magicians have been re-appearing these)! Yes- it's nice that we can keep building and expanding on old concepts, but when you think of Richard Sanders- you think Ohhh- what's next?!? Just a little disappointed- was hoping for something that was going to WOW me. Again- don't get me wrong- this effect looks killer- just concept has been done so so many times.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2011-05-31 10:05, RNK wrote:
I agree- will wait for the reviews on this. Though, as everyone knows- Richard does put out great quality effects. I will tell you the truth- I was hoping Richard was going to put out something actually that is a new concept. This trick looks very nice, but it's been done so many times- rip corner off Bill- it disappears then Bam- its found in (pick one of the MANY things magicians have been re-appearing these)! Yes- it's nice that we can keep building and expanding on old concepts, but when you think of Richard Sanders- you think Ohhh- what's next?!? Just a little disappointed- was hoping for something that was going to WOW me. Again- don't get me wrong- this effect looks killer- just concept has been done so so many times.

RNK

Really? What have you seen that looks like this? Looks original to me. Haven't got a clue how it works. Looks amazing.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
What sets this apart from other effects of this nature is the visual appearance of the bill, the fact that the package can be examined before the object is removed and how organic it is. Pulling a pack of gum out of your pocket is very normal. Loads of people carry gum. Makes it ideal for "impromptu" situations.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
That's true Cameron,nothing for my paid gigs rather more something for your casual performances.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Reset considerations?
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of acortest
I seriously doubt you can reset the package of gum and re-use it. Although, I hope I'm wrong since, as Pegasus mentioned, it would get rather pricey to perform if you had to prep a new package of gum for each performance.

I also don't think it can be done impromptu, even if you bump into someone who just happens to have purchased a brand new pack of gum. Mos likely it has to be provided by you and prepped beforehand.
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
I purchased, don't know when it's shipping though. Haven't received an email, except for the PayPal receipt.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2011-05-31 10:24, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-31 10:05, RNK wrote:

RNK

Really? What have you seen that looks like this? Looks original to me. Haven't got a clue how it works. Looks amazing.

I will not sit here and type all the different effects and ways to reveal a ripped corner bill and card transposition trick- it would take a while! Look at my post carefully- I said the "CONCEPT" is NOT NEW! I would also be correct in saying that the "IDEA" is not new. However, the method and type of reveal may be new. I can't say because I do not have the trick. Again- looks good for an effect and concept that has been around a long time- "THE torn bill or card corner reveal effect". (My point- this effect has been accomplished MANY times by MANY different ways). I was just hoping Richard was releasing something (an idea or concept) that was totally new to the magic community.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
This looks awesome and Richard always puts out great effects! But I am afraid that it will be quite some work to prepare and reset the effect.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Woa! This is neat! This fits my casual style. Put my order through.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I think it's good for casual or professional performances.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
This definitely fits my style as well. Would love to see your review Blindside when you get a chance to play around with it!
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I saw this in Montreal and it looks great. Yes, tearing a cornwer and finding it somewhere is not new. Finding somethign in a sealed gum packet is... as far as I know. So what you have is not a 'torn corner to gum packet' but a way to seal *something* inside a gum packet... or even a way to *empty* a section of a gum packet. Take the time to consider what you can do with this knowledge.

I do not know if you can re-use the same packet with a different section. However, I'm pretty sure the effect of giving this to someone will far outweight the cost of buying one and setting it up. Stick your name and contact details on it and you have a pretty neat bit of advertising.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Richard is one of the people who used this ''concept'' before. His dvd set Sanders Show has an effect called Sugarless Bill, where a borrowed bill appears inside a sealed stick of gum. Richard seems to have elevated the impact with Ultra Gum. I`m considering purchasing this to use for house party performances. I`m currently using a bill to impossible location in those situations and this seems better than what I`m doing now. I`ll probably use the same method I`m using now, but with the impossible location of the sealed pack of gum. I`m quite sure I understand how it works and if I`m right, the setup is super quick and you can reuse the same pack of gum but you have to set it up again. I like this because it seems super straight forward.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
It says
•Gimmicks included.
Gimmicks are reusable,
nothing to replace.
Not sure how that can be, but very cool if so.
I've always been a big fan of Sanders effects
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Ordered mine! It looks as if the visual appearance requires you to wear jewelry, but still cool none the less.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I can see how the gimmicks can be reusable, but from what I understand you'd have to make the object appear in another compartment in the pack of gum each time, and each time you have a compartment more that is open. So the second time you perform with the same gimmick, one of the compartments of the pack will already be opened and empty as if you've already taken a gum from it. Not really an issue. This is just based on how I think this works.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultra Gum--Richard Sanders (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..16~17~18 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL