The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New Jacks reveal new sleights (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Wiz Kid Wilhelmina has published her "Magic Jacks" article in her book "Magic For Girls" on my site. She uses some items which have just come on the market in Dollar Stores- big rubbery jacks which replace the hard plastic or metal jacks that girls used to play with. The new jacks make new sleights possible for concealing the jacks on the front or back of the hand, and for passing the jacks secretly from one hand to the other. You may never use jacks in your magic work, but the new sleights have possibilities for other objects besides jacks.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
What size are they?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
They aren't really "new" they have been out for quite a while now At least 2 years that I know of maybe even longer than that. Wall mart has them. I'm not sure of the size at the moment.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Pete: The size is irregular. The pointed ends measure 1.25" from tip to tip, and the ball ends measure 1.5" from ball to ball.

RS1963: They may not be "new" but I don't recall seeing anyone making any use of them for magic before, so when little Wilhelmina (she's 9 years old) came bursting in saying, "Grandpa! Look at what I can do!" and cleanly showed both hands empty before making a Jack appear, and then made the Jacks multiply, not like the billiard balls, but each different color Jack appearing and settling down between the tips of her fingers... well, that was new to me!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thanks, I just wondered if they matched any metal ones.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
These are bigger than any of the metal ones I have ever seen. Also, the metal and hard plastic jacks are slippery and when Wilhelmina tried to show me the same moves with some metal jacks she had, they kept flying out of her holds. The rubbery Jacks can also be squeezed smaller, so it's like the revolution that happened when sponge balls began to place billiard balls and even hard rubber balls in the 50's. Suddenly you could do moves with ball magic that weren't possible before. For example, you can do the one to ten count with the rubbery Jacks, similar to sponge balls, and you can hand a spectator two rubbery jacks squeezed together to make them multiply in her hand without her feeling the difference (they cling together unlike hard plastic or metal jacks).
Professor Spellbinder

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » New Jacks reveal new sleights (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL