The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Quick thoughts on new decks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Hi,
This is essentially for collectors, so all the uptight purists card magicians don't fret about new decks coming on the scene.
Just got a few new decks and my quick non-expert thoughts. I like them all.

Dose by Karnival: Better than expected/ buttery fans/ good snap/moderate fade printing/ love the joker art/all skull, skeleton motif/ card case is plain/simple/mysterious and unassuming - just the face graphic on front and back, no wording.

Devo's Blades: Better than expected/ buttery fans/ crisp stock/nice red. white, and black coloring on court cards/ Back design is sort of a riff off of the Tally Ho fan back design

Blue Crown: Good Feeling deck all around/ nice back design but nothing wow, spartan design/includes 1 db/elegant Ace of Spades design/

Outlaw Deck: saw it, handled it, did not get it. did not jump out with uniqueness,back design reminds me of some other design - messy art? what do I know?! Ehhh.

Erdnase white/blue Smith back - great deck, basically adding to the series collection. Great contrast and pop on the back design because it is white overall.

Can't wait to get the Aristocrat 727 re-print/re-issue cards and some other upcoming custom decks like Brimstone. Artiface - don't know. not a fan of small pip design. Standard size pips serve a visual functional thing I feel.

Have fun collectors.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
What do you thonk of the new Spider cards?
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
New Spider cards are just reversed back right so nothing terribly new? It is a Fun deck being all in black and lately I'm actually more apt to use it nowadays as a nice change of pace from just the conventional red and blue.

Interested to see the Stick man deck series if it ever happens.

I'll say it again despite some interesting feelings about it's different Split Spade back design screaming gaffed deck to specs, really?! So that particular back design is the only deck of cards guilty of being highly suspicious - please. Anyway, consider the David Blaine decks for it's value/content/and quality for mass marketed decks. I find it funny how so many make conclusions without ever having seen the cards AT ALL.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Quick thoughts on new decks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL