The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Got talent winner illusionist in Ukraine.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
First time magician winner of the Got Talent in Ukraine. His name Vitaliy Luzkar,24 years old,congratulations!!! final http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbTxh1SaF9A semi final http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRkJbQrOR58
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Great Job! Your costumes, music, and effects were polished and very professional looking! Come to the USA and perform in our theaters.
Good Luck!
WK
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
The young Jedi learned well. If in doubt, reappear in the audience!
Ray Pierce
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
- - Good performing but some ripp off!

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
Andy Stagg
View Profile
New user
England, Devon
25 Posts

Profile of Andy Stagg
Very good indeed I loved all of it and the judges seem 100% stunned again very well done indeed
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
This Vitaliy Luzkar must feel great winning with illusions he stole from others!
No need for him to come to the USA as we have the originals of these illusions over here so we don't need to see these badly build copies from Ukraine in our theaters.
I've seen a lot more original and much better act's coming from the Ukraine!!! (Voronin, Galina, Gena Kil & others)
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Take a quick walk down the Las Vegas Strip and you'll see all the "ripoffs" of major illusions. It's not the prop, it's the performance with it.
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Which show on the Vegas strip are you talking about?
Copperfield, Nathan Burton, Mac King, Criss Angel Dirk Arthur and Rick Thomas don't use "ripoffs"
I agree with you that It's not the prop, it's the performance with it but his performance was mediocre, even a bit old fasioned and it didn't suit his young age and stealing intellectual property is just wrong no matter how good your performance is!
Magic needs to evolve asap before we climb further down on the entertainment ladder.
A bit more respect for each other, more ethics and original material go a long way...
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Tristan, no matter what you, me or anyone else thinks about him "stealing" illusions (Not that I agree with copies, but I bet you've also downloaded your share of MP3's through the internets), it won't chage the fact this guy made a great perforance.

CHaces are you say it was mediocre because of the alleged rip-offs. I've only seen those two videos, so I urge anyone to correct me if I'm wrong: The only copies he used was of Giro's Chair Appearance and the Spiker. That alone is not just worth the time to bash the young guy's whole package. He did great. He put magic in the spotlight. He won some good money and hopefully will invest into original props.

So what if he was "old-fashioned", by the way? According to your line of thought, Lance Burton should be at least 300 years old in order to not be too young to perform his Ballrom act.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
sly2272
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of sly2272
Good job.
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Read James Ian Swiss's book "Shattering Illusions" - you'll get the idea.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I do not see any rip-off, the performer buys the props from whomever and does an admirable job. These acts never said what they do was original. He has a nice personna and a gullible and appreciative audience. Nice job.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Fabio, the copies he used are Fire spiker, Chair appearence, Gemini cage and his levitation is a combination of Viktor voitko's & Brett Daniels levitation.
I've never downloaded any MP3's through the internet, I still buy CD's so you lost this bet ;-)

I have seen the video's again and if you watch them in full his smoke tube, spiker outfit doesn't look old fashioned so I was more refering to his dove act: he's using a modern table, with a design that looks very familiar from another dove act..., and a old style tuxedo. he has potential but his dove act should be updated and he needs to get rid of the Rip-offs he's using!
But he's still young and has time to grow.
MoeMagic
View Profile
New user
Saudi Arabia
52 Posts

Profile of MoeMagic
Good Job. He is great!
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Magicians,

You of all people should know better or is your slice of hand that supreme Magic and Mephisto sells not a rip off and can we buy it from whomever we want?
Well this performer didn't pay for the rights of the illusions he is using and that is stealing!
No matter how great his performance is.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Tristann,

About the levitation:

Victor Voitko's levitation is a full system that includes the book, chair where the assistant sits on and so on and on. Other than soms of the moves Voitko does, I can't see any real similarity to his rutine and voctor's. Plus, I am not familiar with Daniels' levitation apparatus, but it seems to me quite a "standard" model that allows a 360º rotation. Being you any familiar with said system, you should probably know it allows said moves thus needing no extra tweaking - let alone tweaking that could possibly make for Voitko's or Daniels' levitations being only their own and nobody else's. The disappearing assistant at the end, correct me if I am found to be wrong, is not copyrighted in any manner.

About the cage, oh well, It is a fire cage. Nothing else (That I notice, 'course).

The chair apearance and spiker, should you read my earlier post, I have acknowledged as being not originals.

And about his dove routine... It sounds like you are just jealous of his proven awesomeness. His tux is great and the design of his servante is utterly irrelevant. Laughably you still think it is a valid argument to be pointed.

But that is just my opinion, lol.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2011-06-03 18:33, tristanmagic wrote:

Well this performer didn't pay for the rights of the illusions he is using and that is stealing!

It is not stealing per se. It is copying.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I know I'm probably going to get attacked for this, but here goes.

There are 'magicians magicians' that are all about the "magic community" and there are magicians that are for audiences. The magicians magician will make sure they are entertaining other magicians wallets.

I see all the time people on the magic Café telling others they are using knock offs and not to use them. Why in the world do you care?! If they bought it, there is really nothing you can do, and it is not your place to do anything. I have seen numerous times people being told to destroy their props. To tell someone to burn their 'knock off' illusion is stupid and counterproductive. If someone buys a knock off kub zag, don't tell them to burn it. Why not say this: "Do your shows with it, make some money and then buy an original, 'licensed' prop"?

I have always found this debate to be pointless and a big waste of time. Worry about yourselves. Get off of everyone elses back. If you went and bought a $10,000 illusion, good for you. Leave the budget guy alone.

PS: Some of you may notice that I hardly post anymore. That's because I try my best to avoid these topics. I have better things to do than debate. Things like, hmm, I don't know, getting paid for performing.
-Matt
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I applaud Matthew's point. Loudly.

As long as people don't go wild on stupidity by using props with bases so thick that could hold the entire cast of "Eight is a crowd" on them or that scream bad quality and poor performance, I don't necessarily mind. It's their money.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Gotta love the Magic Police on this board. Meanwhile, back to real life...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Got talent winner illusionist in Ukraine.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL