The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Camazotz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3803 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The oldest Vampire God (half vampire-half man) known is the Mayan Camazotz.
In the Popol Vuh, he is said to haunt the dark places of Xibalba.

Quote:
In the Popol Vuh, Camazotz are the bat-like monsters encountered by the Maya Hero Twins Hunahpu and Xbalanque during their trials in the underworld of Xibalba. The twins had to spend the night in the House of Bats where they squeeze themselves into their own blowguns in order to defend themselves from the circling bats. Hunahpu stuck his head out of his blowgun to see if the sun had risen and Camazotz immediately snatched off his head and carried it to the ballcourt to be hung up as the ball to be used by the gods in their next ballgame

As I'm dusting-off the Surnateum before the Collections are moving, I'm pleased to offer you two nice pictures of some of the oldest vampire artefacts of the museum.

The_Alexander
View Profile
New user
Finland
63 Posts

Profile of The_Alexander
Beautiful ^-^
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
Thank goodness for carved squash, a temporary head is better than none! The Mayan ball game and the mythology surrounding it has always fascinated me. Nice photos.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3803 Posts

Profile of The Curator
A third one found today.
Not a vampire head but a bat head, the nose makes the difference. My vampire collection grows every day...

celticninja
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of celticninja
Very creepy looking Artifacts Mr. Curator, I have been meaning to give you a shout out, as I just got your book Capricornian Tales from Barry’s Magic Shop. He highly recommended it since I am doing Bizarre Magic now. I really like it, especially Zodiac, for my presentation style. I like to combine the real Occult with magic to get a good blur of fantasy and reality; you seem to do this as well. Thanks for your great book it is a great help to us just getting our feet wet in this dark world of Bizarre Magic.

Live Long and Prosper!

D.

Psychic Performer
http://www.thehauntedcottage.com/
Live Long and Prosper!

D.

Arcane Performer
http://www.thehauntedcottage.com/
http://ghostsandmurder.com/
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3803 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I'm glad you like it. Say hello to Barry from me, I spend a nice time in his nice shop years ago.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Camazotz (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL