The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dan Sperry's Dove Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Markgician
View Profile
New user
The Story Circle Philippines
59 Posts

Profile of Markgician
Hey guys,
If you happen to watch Dan Sperry's signature dove act, would you happen to know if his first dove vanish was his? Where he produces the dove from Frisbee, then he does his version of the dove to silk? I've always wanted to learn that move, but I can't seem to know where to start. Don't get me wrong, I'm a dove worker right now, but I don't know how the "motion" of the vanish should be. I want that move badly, so I can vanish the very first bird I produce.
#TheStoryCircle
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Why don't you ask him? Shoot him an email, he's been helpful to many in the past.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
JeremyE.Hughel
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of JeremyE.Hughel
Actually, I have tried to contact him in the past..... I've never had any luck. I'm sure he is busy. I'm going to drive six and a half hours to see his show in September.
Markgician
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Markgician
Yes, I also tried, I think he's busy, too bad. Smile
#TheStoryCircle
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Yes it is mine, it is very difficult and extremely dangerous.
DANSPERRY.COM
Markgician
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Markgician
That's Dan for you, always going for skill! Cool! Could you help me with the method Dan? I want to vanish the very first dove I produce, and I really love your method.
#TheStoryCircle
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
May I recommend you go another way, Mark?

I don't think Dan is up to giving away his method just because it looks wicked, lol.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Markgician
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Markgician
Quote:
On 2011-06-07 08:47, Fábio DeRose wrote:

I don't think Dan is up to giving away his method just because it looks wicked, lol.

I also think so. Hahaha. Would you recommend another way to vanish a dove to silk Fabio? But not the standard sideview method. Is there any other way?
#TheStoryCircle
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Other than using a prop, I can't really recomment anything.

I was never fond on the whole "making a dove vanish" idea - vanishing cages / blammo boxes being an exception, they make for a very good climax once you spice 'em up a bit.

I never liked the idea of vanishing doves "the classic way" - that is, a t***s t***t - mostly because of bird safety and stress issues than anything else effect-related. Sperry does some awesome "bare-handed" transformations (You know, without using props) that I absolutely love. And nobody beats Lance Burton's vanish aswell.

Prop-wise, I recommend you trying this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9PUDf7oj......eo_title Just make sure the dove is placed horizontally, 'cause the way it is demonstrated on the video can be really bad for the dove's welfare. Pop some confetti in and you're all set.

Or perhaps aminiature blammo box.

Quote:
On 2011-06-07 14:26, themarkgician wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-07 08:47, Fábio DeRose wrote:

I also think so. Hahaha. Would you recommend another way to vanish a dove to silk Fabio? But not the standard sideview method. Is there any other way?
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Markgician
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Markgician
I think the dove on the clip you showed me would really be mad in the situation he was put in, hahahaha. Looks like I'm going to have to stick with the whole dove to silk ender since I too can't afford to buy the vanishing cage etc. Thanks Fabio! You were awesome for recommending it though!
#TheStoryCircle
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Hah, yeah, I really hate when people treat birds as if they are disposable props. Oh, well.

Shoot me a message if you need anything, I'll be glad to help.

Stay magical!
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I do not vanish my doves outright, but I transpose them into a bunny with a Doves To Rabbit.

I do mostly kid shows, and I think kids do not like it so much when a live animal vanishes. They seem to accept it much better if it changes changes into something else.

BTW, I have a brand new Chalet Doves To Rabbit for sale. I prepaid for it over 2 years ago, but had to purchase another Doves To Rabbit due to some big shows I had coming up. I tried to push George but he could not get it finished in time for me, so I ended up buying another one. George recently got it finished but now I have 2 Doves To Rabbit boxes.

Chalet products are fabulous, and very hard to come by these days, so I really hate to sell it, but I don't need two D2R boxes. The Chalet model is brand new, and I figure it will sell easier than the other, used model I have.

It is Black with Teal trim.....it looks really sharp!

Here is the listing link in the Trick For Sale section:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=76&3

There is a link to pictures at the above link also.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dan Sperry's Dove Vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL