The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wiper glasses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Thaqt sounds complicated.
Get 2 children on stage for a raspberry blowing contest. Have them turn to face you then put the glasses on.

I'm sure that would be right up your street, Doug, although now they've let Mark Lewis in again I'm sure he'll be along shortly to tell both of us off.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I was thinking of having a water system built into the glasses with a SIMPLE Hand Squeeze Bladder system. This would be activated creating the illusion of the Magician sweating as he is in trouble...which I personally think would be funny as H#LL! Then of course the blades are turned on to clear the vision etc etc.
Now there may be a few out there that would not want to get a bit wet....so they can just skip that phase.
I have more ideas but I will keep them as a surprise. Smile
What do ya think?

Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Yes, Chance, I like it! And even Mark Lewis can't object to a little water spraying about, can he?
On the other hand, you could add a fake nose to the glasses, from which a great quantity of snot could be exuded. Now, that would revile Saint Mark, methinks?
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I think sweating would be too hard to convey (and I sweat enough anyhow). Squirts from the tearduct area to look like crying might be more obvious (especially if you act it out) and just as funny.

One thing you may want to consider is keeping the wipers hidden until activated. The problem with the usual glasses is you can see the wipers so everyone know what is coming. If they were hidden then you'd get a laugh putting on the glasses and another one when the wipers start.

Also I hope uou're making them big. Clowns sunglasses size would be great.

I'd prefer a remote activation as opposed to any water stuff.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Great, George...tears and snot.....that sounds perfect! and I do like the idea that the wipers would be hidden before activation. I don't think remote activation is important though. It would be no problem for me if I had to press abutton or flick a switch rather obviously, to make the wipers wipe......
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I just think it would be neat if they jsut started on their own but it's probably over complicating things. If you're going to switch them on obviously why not have an indicater stalk fold out from the side of the glasses to turn them on and off.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Great input guys. Unfortunately, any type of Remote Control option is out. Too many bulky components, extra power, extra wiring etc etc which would raise the price ridiculously high.
I think the glasses being over sized is good. I was thinking of this in the first place so I hope most folks won't mind.
George, I love the idea of hiding the wipers! If it can be done, which I think it can, then it will be a definite feature.
Thanks
guys
Chance

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Chance,
How about making them oversized to fit the giant glasses?

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Jim,
Yeah, I think that would be best. The blades would then reach maximum size for visibility. I plan to use a bright fluorescent color for the blades body. That way, they won't be missed.
Thanks!
Chance

Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Sock Puppet Monkey
Bloody brilliant!
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Chance, please sign me up for one of these!!!! Seriously... Smile
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
You bet Mike! I am sure everyone will know when the big release will be...thanks to the lil ol' Magic Café!
This may be awhile so please be patient. Electronic effects have the most failure so I need to be thorough in the R&D. Plus, this is a bit of a challenge from the get go.
Thanks
Chance

Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Yeah Chance I would take a set too sight unseen.
This project was made for your style.
Regards,
Jef
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Mando
View Profile
Regular user
Queens, New York
189 Posts

Profile of Mando
They would be great on like lab glasses if you ask me,
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
My intention is to make the gimmick a Clip-On so you may put it on any LARGER size glasses that you prefer.
Sound cool?
Chance

Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I'm in for this one too . . . What about a visor and glasses with wipers as one unit? That way you could release water under cover of visor/hat and spray magician with a stream of sweat as trick fails (perhaps could do as running gag throughout show).

I'll do just about anything to myself for laughs . . . I briefly had inexhaustible sponge, but it wasn't to my liking. If Chance puts out wiper glasses with a water spray component (perhaps also have outward nozzle to spray audience at some point), it would be lots of fun and lend itself to many uses as a utility item.

Todd
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
I'll take two!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I'm in on this too; my only problem is with the large size glasses (I presume we're talking the huge glasses Silly Billy wears?) I can't use them because I wear regular glasses and it just doesn't work for me, but I like the idea of using it with the kid.....just my thoughts. This is a great project. Anxious to keep up with it.....Thanks Chance!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Bob,
Your problem with the larger glasses is a a major problem for me as a designer/marketer.
I can clearly see why some folks would not want the larger glasses for many justifiable reasons.
Then there are those who WANT the large glasses as it would fit their character etc.
I would have to engineer two complete different units as they simply would not work for both even being clip-ons as I plan.
The larger design would be too large in proportion to use with standard glasses.
Also remember, if I did make them for standard glasses, the visibility of the wiper blades would be reduced severely. Visibility is the most important aspect of any effect and I just do not see 2" blades being that visible...maybe a small room of kids/typical birthday party.

So...I will have to make a choice on this as I simply do not have the time to design two different units.
For the record, why can you not just put the Jumbo Glasses over your regular glasses just for that stunt? Your input may help greatly.
There seems to be enough room due to the ridiculous size. Maybe I will discover a slight modification that may make it easier, more comfortable, for the glasses wearing folks such as ourselves.

Welcome to my world of design and trying to please everyone Smile
Thanks!!
Chance

Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Chance, I understand completely; you can't please everyone. I find that using the large glasses over my regular glasses just doesn't have the same effect. It doesn't look goofy enough for me. And I do need my glasses to see properly, so performing without them isn't an option. BUT, I have no problem using them with the kid the way Silly Billy does, and I might even find a way to use them myself. Would you make the glassses clear or shaded like sunglasses? Just curious. Hope this helps. Best, Bob
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wiper glasses (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL